Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:43 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 graphics examples and explanation

Page 2 of 2    
GregZone

Posted: 05:54am 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

panky said  Sorry folks, flakey PDF creation with PDF Creator.

I tested this version,
Graphics Programming on the CMM2-v1.0b.pdf on Firefox and Acrobat 9.

Please let me know if there is still an issue. Also corrected a few of (my) typos.

Thanks for the quick fix Doug.  

I've tested on my system and looks to be all good now.

One other thought occurred to me: It might be useful to add a "Revision History" page to the end of the document, where you can briefly note changes & additions made to later versions.

I suggest this, as this is a tuturial / reference that's likely to grow as more content is added.  For those who have already worked through an earlier version, it will be very useful to be able to easily identify what sections have been changed or added since the version they have previously read (instead of having to re-read the whole document, to try and figure out what's new).

Just me 2c  

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 09:41am 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

panky said  Sorry folks, flakey PDF creation with PDF Creator.

I tested this version,
Graphics Programming on the CMM2-v1.0b.pdf on Firefox and Acrobat 9.
s.

Very nice manual, thanks for putting it together.

Mike.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 10:57am 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

When replacing the crystal oscillator with a canned one improves the performance, there is a possibility that the oscillator area on the board is noisy because digital traces run through the area (in different layers). If one of these digital traces is toggling (i.e. to create VGA video..??) this can phase modulate the crystal oscillator.

Phase modulation of the crystal oscillator may cause instability in the PLL's inside the H7.

This can only be solved by improving the board layout. If the Waveshare board is the culprit (we have no control over it's layout), there is no alternative then placing a canned oscillator.

Volhout
Edited 2020-07-01 20:58 by Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

Shadamus

Posted: 08:44pm 05 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Panky / matherp, is this "Graphics Programming on the CMM2" document going to be part of the official documents hosted off of Geoff's site?

I saw the other documentation errata thread, but that one seemed to be focused on documents that Geoff maintains.

If this document is going to be maintained/released, I have one update to new syntax.

The POLYGON command, used in the example on page 19, now has a first parameter telling it how many points to use from the array.  Peter indicated this change was made prior to the 5.05.03 release, which is what Geoff's site has available for download (in addition to the newer beta builds).  https://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTopic.php?TID=12423&P=2

That's the only one I've run into, but thought I'd mention, to the maintainers.

NEVERMIND -- I just saw Panky's post of the updated doc, and it's fixed there.
Edited 2020-08-06 07:03 by Shadamus

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024