Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:54 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2: VGA video capture

Page 2 of 2    
matherp
Guru

Posted: 02:48pm 11 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  Possibly a bug, CLS appears to clear the VGA screen even with OPTION CONSOLE SERIAL.

CLS is a graphics command. Shall I block the TEXT command when using OPTION CONSOLE SERIAL?

elk1984

Posted: 11:21am 17 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Resurrecting this thread, I can't get sound through the Capture device working.  I've got a 3.5" male to male cable into the Maximite which isn't doing much - that said, it isn't doing anything when I plug it into my phone either.

I've got the audio enabled on my PC and set it to pass through.  I suspect it's the cable, but are there any settings I might be missing?

PeteCotton

Guru

Posted: 04:31pm 17 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

For any Canadians, this is what I've been using for VGA capture.

To convert DSub-15 to HDMI I Used this
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B083K83NNX

Then I use this to convert HDMI to a USB video input on my desktop.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08DLGHTYY

Because HDMI carries audio, I plug the supplied 3.5mm cable from the CMM2 in to the VGA/HDMI adapter.

Then I use the Windows Camera app to record the video.
Edited 2020-10-18 02:32 by PeteCotton

elk1984

Posted: 06:28pm 19 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

elk1984 said  Resurrecting this thread, I can't get sound through the Capture device working.  I've got a 3.5" male to male cable into the Maximite which isn't doing much - that said, it isn't doing anything when I plug it into my phone either.

I've got the audio enabled on my PC and set it to pass through.  I suspect it's the cable, but are there any settings I might be missing?

Well it's not the cable, I had chance to try that independently today.

Womble

Posted: 12:08pm 20 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

elk1984 said  TassyJim - using Amcap full screen, what are you using to send keys to the CMM?

I use Windows Camera (Free) and TerraTerm for "headless" developement on my CMM2

as per the manual:
The terminal emulator and the serial port that it is using should be set to the Colour Maximite 2 standard of 115200 baud, 8 data bits and one stop bit.

Not all MMBasic commands will work over the serial terminal, eg. KEYDOWN(n) cannot be used.

Womble

Posted: 12:14pm 20 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

elk1984 said  
  elk1984 said  Resurrecting this thread, I can't get sound through the Capture device working.  I've got a 3.5" male to male cable into the Maximite which isn't doing much - that said, it isn't doing anything when I plug it into my phone either.

Well it's not the cable, I had chance to try that independently today.

Check your audio settings.  On Windows 10 I had to enable the AFNaudio input device as it kept defaulting to Windows Mic.

Womble said  Free Solution Windows Camera (Microsoft) built in App.  This works very well, although it is not fullscreen the control bars on either side of the app make recording and screen captures easy.  I did have to adjust the audio input on Windows to select AFNaudio rather than Microphone, but after doing that it works very well.

Edited 2020-10-20 22:21 by Womble

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024