Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:16 06 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Napoleon Commander for CMM2

Page 2 of 5    
jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 02:52pm 22 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yock1960 said  Performing get info on a directory exits with error "error in line 154: NCWAITINGON is not declared".

Version 0.41
FW 5.06.00b2

Really nice work!!

Steve

Hi Steve,
such errors was remaining when I moved TUI to separate file and changed prefix from NC to TUI (as I will be using TUI for different projects too). Anyway thanks for message and I'm glad NC is getting some fans...

yock1960 said  Nitpick (defined as engaging in fussy or pedantic fault finding   ), 'PARRENT' should be PARENT .

Maybe you have future plans for 'Cancel' & 'Ok' in question dialogs, but as they currently only respond (apparently) to ESC and Enter...maybe leave 'buttons' out, unless mouse support is coming.

Steve

I found it in the meantime myself (my english still needs some improvements...), new version will be posted today (because of some BIG improvements).
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 06:22pm 22 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Some BIG news (at least for my workflow): NC now can copy between local SD card and server running on other machine connected with CMM2 through serial (now just tested on Mac), so you can BACKUP, EDIT on both, put easy to GIT...

You just need to use OPTION CONSOLE SCREEN + OPTION CONSOLE SAVE to leave serial for server, start server on PC and it's done. Tested with baud rate 230400 and it's usable.

I will prepare server description (so every can programmed his own in preferred language), in the meantime I will put to GITHub binary for Mac and try to write it in Python.

Some other changes:
      character keys now jumps first to directory with this letter on start, second press to files
      waiting dialog now can have progress bar (usable on server copy   )
      some bug fixes (thanks to everybody who put here bug info for help)

If somebody feature request, just put it here.

Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 08:49pm 22 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have added simple server binaries for MacOS, Win/64 and Linux/64 as promised. Opens one debug window, directory where is it serving files is app directory, but it can be dropped any folder on window and this set the server root (can be seen in window title).
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 12:07am 23 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,
just uploaded python skeleton NCserver.py, that should be usable on all OS (where python is installed). Now it has just 2 basic functions: DIRECTORY and LIFE TEST, everything else is still missing. But at least you are able to test it with going through directories on the server...

Just modify 2 lines:
serial port

#modify to your port
ser = serial.Serial(
port='/dev/tty.usbmodem14101',
baudrate = 230400,
parity=serial.PARITY_NONE,
stopbits=serial.STOPBITS_ONE,
bytesize=serial.EIGHTBITS,
timeout=1
)

path to your server root

#modify to your path to server root
BASEDIR = "/Users/jirsoft/Documents/Maximite/NCserver/"

Enjoy!
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 03:24pm 23 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

epsilon said  
Thanks. I'm glad you still found the time to write NC. It's an excellent tool.    

Hi epsilon,
I already included your MAR expander into NC (modified version), but as now NC has ability to copy over serial cable, it's maybe interesting also include MAC creator. My question is, if will make sense to go this way or include something more standard (as tar). Or could you modify MAR to have (at least limited) TAR compatibility? Or rewrite it to Python (for use on other OS), because for example on MacOS is MMBASIC not (or difficuilt) usable...
Jiri

LeoNicolas

Guru

Posted: 04:13pm 23 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I prefer to use more standart formats like tag.gz or gzip, but what you implemented is amazing. Do you have the intention of to add the binary to csub converter in your app?

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 04:50pm 23 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

LeoNicolas said  I prefer to use more standart formats like tag.gz or gzip, but what you implemented is amazing. Do you have the intention of to add the binary to csub converter in your app?

Hi Leo,
thanks. I'm trying to use standard formats, but after I have spent almost 2 days to look over source codes for the compressors/archivers/packers..., I didn't find any usable (=not so long, slow and complicated). So I think first should we have (un)archiver, either Epsilon's MAR or tar (if you are ready to transcode it into MMBasic, I will either include it direct to NC or external). First then could be used (de)compressor, I was thinking an something from 8-bit era (LZW, LHA, ZOO...).

And for binary to CSUB has Peter the code, it's not enough? Are you meaning .ELF to .BAS (or .INC)?
Jiri

elk1984

Posted: 07:24pm 23 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  
  epsilon said  
Thanks. I'm glad you still found the time to write NC. It's an excellent tool.    

Hi epsilon,
I already included your MAR expander into NC (modified version), but as now NC has ability to copy over serial cable, it's maybe interesting also include MAC creator. My question is, if will make sense to go this way or include something more standard (as tar). Or could you modify MAR to have (at least limited) TAR compatibility? Or rewrite it to Python (for use on other OS), because for example on MacOS is MMBASIC not (or difficuilt) usable...

I think a plugin model would work here. define an API to launch with parameters and return control to NC when done. The welcome tape may give inspiration as the loads bunched of different programs and returns control to the menu.

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 11:18pm 23 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

So on the GitHub is full version of NCserver.py, that supports all 7 commands used by serial, so it works with NC on CMM2 just fine. I tried to play with serial speed and baud rate  - 691200 still works on both sides pretty good (speeds between 30 and 65 kB/s, so NC.BAS is copied in less than 2 seconds).

Now is supported in LOCAL/SERVER environment:
      FILE copy from, to and between server (last is both panes on server)
      MKDIR on server
      delete file or dir on server (folder could be full of files)

Still missing:
      rename file or dir on server (you can do it direct on Mac or copy to CMM2, rename and copy back   )
      move files between local and server (or on server), you can copy and delete
      copy full directory (that is the worst, is on my priority list)
      ACTION and VIEWER on server (I thing not so much needed, as Mac tools are usually there, but anyway...)
      better error display on CMM2 when something happens on server

Also in NC.BAS and TUI.INC are some bug fixes, newest version of NC is now 0.61.

Please if it is at least partially important for you, test it... I will then add some missing functionality to server side (for example full dir copy).

Enjoy!
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 09:46am 24 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just small info, tried NC on V5.06.00b4 and it looks OK...
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 12:42pm 25 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

News (v 0.63):
      speed for serial server could be set to 230400 or 691200 baud (testet as OK and fast)
      F9 can now create MAR archive (not compressed) and with external viewer/action (F3/ENTER) can view it/dearchive it (included as sample in VIEW.INC/ACTION.INC)
      some bugfixes/optimisations
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 11:26pm 01 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

New (v 0.72):
      change in main menu, now ALT displays alternate menu
      F2 shows also information about compressed files
      MOVE went to ALT+F5 (under COPY)
      ALT+F4 are BASIC helpers:
             pretty formatter for BASIC file, not finished yet, HELP NEEDED
             DEBUG on/off, this is simple but universal debug system, fill out space in Peter's debug:
                    when you write ''' (3 apostrophes) on the end of any line, it marks it as potential DEBUG line,
                    you can then with this tool comment and uncomment this line (''' on begin or end)
      ALT+F9 compresses file into archive, basic format .ARC:
             starts with header
                    3 characters for compression algorithm (now just RLE or HUF), original extension, original size
             then are data. Huffman codec is really slow (but with pretty good ratio), RLE compressor is now switched off)
             Could be optimally used with MAR archive (first create MAR from directory tree, then compress it into ARC)
      some bugfixes

I'm looking for help with some basic 3D viewer for PLY files, convert raw BMP into something compressed, make compressor faster (in BASIC, but I will maybe write CSUB for it), maybe modify Peter's armcfgenV143.bas into external actions on ELF file to convert it into INC or BAS (I can do it, but maybe need is not here...)

Enjoy!
Jiri

thwill

Guru

Posted: 11:49pm 01 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  pretty formatter for BASIC file, not finished yet

Hi Jiri, please find a BASIC pretty printer here: https://github.com/thwill1000/sptools/tree/develop-r1b3/src/sptrans. It has a few issues that still need ironing out and is a bit slow, but you are welcome to use it.

Best wishes,

Tom
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 07:44am 02 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  
  jirsoft said  pretty formatter for BASIC file, not finished yet

Hi Jiri, please find a BASIC pretty printer here: https://github.com/thwill1000/sptools/tree/develop-r1b3/src/sptrans. It has a few issues that still need ironing out and is a bit slow, but you are welcome to use it.

Best wishes,

Tom

Hi Tom,
thanks, I will try it!
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 06:43pm 05 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all NC users,
with version v0.80 is NC close to finishing from my side, I will try to iron it and of course fix the bugs, but from function amount are now missing just not so important things. Also NCserver.py is updated and needed fo new functionality.

What works:
info for DIRs on SD and SERVER
info for FILEs on SD
internal viewers on SD, external skeleton also on SD
DEBUG on/off on SD
copy of FILEs and DIRs on/from/to SD and SERVER (so SERVER can be already used as full backup)
move on SD
create DIR on SD and SERVER
delete DIRs and FILEs on SD and SERVER
rename DIRs and FILEs on SD and SERVER
create archive from directory to MAR file from SD to SD
create DIR from MAR archive from SD to SD
compress file to ARC file from SD to SD
uncompress ARC from file on SD to SD
simple configuration

What's missing:
move on/from/to SERVER, (replace with copy+delete), it's more because of security
file info for SERVER, will be too slow
viewers and actions on SERVER, will be too slow
HEX editor, I will still do it, but HEXedit will be anyway better
archive and compress to and from server, I'm looking for best way how to do it

Enjoy it!
Jiri

epsilon

Posted: 01:04pm 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,

Sorry for the late response. I'm actually just now reading all the great advances you made with NC. I must admit that I tuned out earlier because of the beta FW dependency and I'm not tracking the beta FW versions.

I will certainly start using NC with the next FW release. Until then I can only comment on what I'm reading here.

jirsoft said  
Hi epsilon,

It's really cool that you're integrating MAR into NC. Going the tar route certainly makes sense, but I don't have any plans port/implement tar into MAR. I think that would be a bit of a rathole.

If you're still interested (and maybe also if you're not), I will make a python version of the MAR creator. I consider the Windows MMBasic version of MAC.BAS a failed experiment so I have to do something. Are you on Python3.x or Python2.x?

As an aside, I also intend to add the option to create a self-extracting MAR, i.e. MAC would create a .BAS file 'around' the MAR archive. The .BAS when executed, will expand into the files and directories it's holding.

I was thinking of adding lzw/lha compression as well. Should I just incorporate your .ARC implementation?
Epsilon CMM2 projects

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 02:02pm 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

epsilon said  Hi Jiri,
It's really cool that you're integrating MAR into NC. Going the tar route certainly makes sense, but I don't have any plans port/implement tar into MAR. I think that would be a bit of a rathole.

If you're still interested (and maybe also if you're not), I will make a python version of the MAR creator. I consider the Windows MMBasic version of MAC.BAS a failed experiment so I have to do something. Are you on Python3.x or Python2.x?

As an aside, I also intend to add the option to create a self-extracting MAR, i.e. MAC would create a .BAS file 'around' the MAR archive. The .BAS when executed, will expand into the files and directories it's holding.

I was thinking of adding lzw/lha compression as well. Should I just incorporate your .ARC implementation?

Hi epsilon,
the I made the code for unMAR and createMAR very short:
SUB NCunMAR(filePath AS STRING)
 CONST maxChunkSize = 128
 LOCAL INTEGER fiLen, curLen = 0, chunkLen, fiPos = 0, totLen = 0
 LOCAL STRING li, cmd, par, k, p = NON_PATH.NC
 LOCAL STRING dialog

EXT_ERR.NC = 0
 IF TUIquestion("EXTRACT MAR", "Extract '" + filePath + "' to '" + p + "' ?") THEN
   dialog = TUIwaitingON("EXTRACT MAR '" + NCgetName(filePath) + "'")
   totLen = MM.INFO(FILESIZE filePath)
   OPEN filePath FOR INPUT AS #3
   DO WHILE NOT EOF(#3)
     LINE INPUT #3, li
     fiPos = fiPos + LEN(li) + 2
     cmd = FIELD$(li,1,":")
     par = FIELD$(li,2,":")
     SELECT CASE cmd
       CASE "DIR"
         DO WHILE LEFT$(par,1)="." OR LEFT$(par,1)="/"
           par = MID$(par,2)      
         LOOP
         p = p + par + "/"
         ON ERROR SKIP
         MKDIR p
         IF MM.ERRNO > 0 THEN
           CLOSE #3
           EXT_ERR.NC=1
           NCerror("DIR '" + p + "' ERROR")
           EXIT SUB
         ENDIF

CASE "FILE"
         curLen = 0
         LINE INPUT #3, li
         fiPos = fiPos + LEN(li) + 2
         fiLen = VAL(li)
         OPEN p+par FOR OUTPUT AS #4
         DO WHILE curLen < fiLen        
           chunkLen = MIN(fiLen - curLen,maxChunkSize)
           curLen = curLen + chunkLen
           li = INPUT$(chunkLen, #3)
           PRINT #4,li;
         LOOP
         CLOSE #4
         fiPos = fiPos + fiLen
       CASE "ENDDIR"
         p = NCparent(p)

CASE "ENDARCHIVE"

END SELECT

TUIwaitingProgress(dialog, 100 * fiPos \ totLen)
   LOOP

CLOSE #3
   TUIwaitingOFF(dialog)

ENDIF
 NCchangeDir(1 - ACTIVE.NC, NON_PATH.NC)
 NCcursor(ACTIVE.NC,1)
END SUB

and
SUB NCmakeMAR
 'create MAR achive

CONST maxLen = 128
 LOCAL INTEGER ind = 0, td=0, size, filePos
 LOCAL STRING item, path, partData
 LOCAL STRING pth(MAX_ITEMS.NC)
 LOCAL STRING toDo(MAX_ITEMS.NC)
 LOCAL STRING dest = NON_PATH.NC + SEL_NAME.NC + ".MAR"

LOCAL STRING ccc = TUIwaitingON("MAKE MAR ARCHIVE")
 TUIwaitingProgress(ccc, 0)

pth(ind) = ACT_PATH.NC + SEL_NAME.NC
 toDo(td) = pth(ind)
 DO WHILE ind >= 0
   NCchdir pth(ind)
   path = pth(ind)
   ind = ind - 1
   item = DIR$("", ALL)
   DO WHILE item <> ""
     IF LEFT$(item, 1) <> "." OR HIDDEN.NC THEN
       size = MM.INFO(FILESIZE item)
       IF size<0 THEN
         'directory
         ind = ind + 1
         pth(ind) = path + "/" + item                
         td = td + 1
         toDo(td) = path + "/" + item + "/"

ELSE
         'file
         td = td + 1
         toDo(td) = path + "/" + item
       ENDIF
     ENDIF
     item = DIR$()
   LOOP
 LOOP

TUIwaitingProgress(ccc, 10)

SORT toDo(),,2,0,td+1
 toDo(0) = toDo(0) + "/"
 path = toDo(0)
 OPEN dest FOR OUTPUT AS #2
 FOR ind = 0 TO td
   TUIwaitingProgress(ccc, 10 + ind/td*90)
   item = toDo(ind)
   IF RIGHT$(item, 1) = "/" THEN
     DO WHILE INSTR(item, path) = 0
       ?#2,"ENDDIR: " + NCgetName(LEFT$(path, LEN(path)-1))
       path = NCparent(path)  
     LOOP
     ?#2,"DIR: " + NCgetName(LEFT$(item, LEN(item)-1)) '" ("item")"
     path = item
   ELSE
     DO WHILE INSTR(item, path) = 0
       ?#2,"ENDDIR: " + NCgetName(LEFT$(path, LEN(path)-1))
       path = NCparent(path)  
     LOOP
     ?#2,"FILE: " + NCgetName(item) '" ("item")"
     filePos = 0
     OPEN item FOR INPUT AS #3
     ?#2,LOF(#3)
     DO WHILE NOT EOF(#3)
       size = MIN(LOF(#3) - filePos, maxLen)
       filePos = filePos + size
       partData = INPUT$(size, #3)
       ?#2, partData;
     LOOP
     CLOSE #3
   ENDIF
 NEXT ind
 ?#2,"ENDDIR: " + NCgetName(LEFT$(toDo(0), LEN(toDo(0))-1))
 ?#2,"ENDARCHIVE:"
 CLOSE #2
 TUIwaitingOFF(ccc)
END SUB

so I can also rewrite it into Python (now I preffer 3). Selfextracting MAR is possibility, I can modify NC so it will expand also this kind (but some specifix header needed - for example comment in first line).

Here is decompression of the ARC archive, first line is header:
compression kind, 3 characters, now RLE or HUF
source file extension
source file size

SUB NCunARC(source AS STRING)
 'decompress CMM2 archive file (ARC)

LOCAL INTEGER arcLen = MM.INFO(FILESIZE source), srcLen = 0, rle, fiPos = 0, i
 LOCAL STRING header, prev
 LOCAL STRING dest = NON_PATH.NC + NCgetNoExtension(NCgetName(source))

IF TUIquestion("UNCOMPRESS ARC","Uncompress '" + NCgetName(source) + "' to '" + NON_PATH.NC + "' ?") THEN

OPEN source FOR INPUT AS #3
   LINE INPUT #3, header
   srcLen = VAL(FIELD$(header, 3, ","))
   INC fiPos, 2 + LEN(header)
   CAT dest, "." + FIELD$(header, 2, ",")    
   SELECT CASE LEFT$(header, 3)
     CASE "RLE"
       'RLE, first archiver
       LOCAL STRING dialog = TUIwaitingON("UNCOMPRESS ARC")
       TUIwaitingProgress(dialog, 0)
       OPEN dest FOR OUTPUT AS #4
       DO WHILE NOT EOF(#3)
         rle = ASC(INPUT$(1, #3))
         INC fiPos
         IF rle < 128 THEN
           'raw data
           INC fiPos, rle + 1
           INC srcLen, rle + 1

FOR i = 1 TO rle + 1
             ?#4,INPUT$(1, #3);
           NEXT i

ELSE
           'compressed data
           prev = INPUT$(1, #3)
           INC srcLen, rle - 127
           INC fiPos
           FOR i = 1 TO rle - 127
             ?#4,prev;
           NEXT i
         ENDIF

TUIwaitingProgress(dialog, 100 * fiPos / arcLen)
       LOOP
       CLOSE #4
       TUIwaitingOFF(dialog)

CASE "HUF"
       'HUFFMAN, slow :-(
       LOCAL STRING dialog = TUIwaitingON("UNCOMPRESS ARC")
       LOCAL INTEGER tLen = ASC(INPUT$(1, #3))
       LOCAL STRING bit(tLen - 1), bb = ""
       LOCAL INTEGER ind(tLen - 1), bits

TUIwaitingProgress(dialog, 0)

ind(0) = ASC(INPUT$(1, #3))
       bits = ASC(INPUT$(1, #3))
       bit(0) = STRING$(bits, "0")
       '?ind(0), bit(0)
       FOR rle = 1 TO tLen - 1
         ind(rle) = ASC(INPUT$(1, #3))
         bits = ASC(INPUT$(1, #3))
         bit(rle) = BIN$((VAL("&b" + bit(rle - 1)) + 1) << (bits - LEN(bit(rle - 1))), bits)
         '?ind(rle), bit(rle)
       NEXT rle
       INC fiPos, 1 + 2 * tLen

OPEN dest FOR OUTPUT AS #4
       DO WHILE NOT EOF(#3)
         FOR rle = 0 TO tLen - 1
           IF LEN(bb) < LEN(bit(rle)) THEN
             CAT bb, BIN$(ASC(INPUT$(1, #3)), 8)
             INC fiPos
           ENDIF
           IF LEFT$(bb, LEN(bit(rle))) = bit(rle) THEN
             ?#4, CHR$(ind(rle));
             INC srcLen, -1
             bb = MID$(bb, LEN(bit(rle)) + 1)
             EXIT FOR
           ENDIF
         NEXT rle
       LOOP
       DO WHILE srcLen > 0
         FOR rle = 0 TO tLen - 1
           IF LEFT$(bb, LEN(bit(rle))) = bit(rle) THEN
             ?#4, CHR$(ind(rle));
             bb = MID$(bb, LEN(bit(rle)) + 1)
             INC srcLen, -1
             EXIT FOR
           ENDIF
         NEXT rle
       LOOP
       CLOSE #4        
       TUIwaitingOFF(dialog)

CASE ELSE
       TUIwarning("UNCOMPRESS ARC", "Decompression of '" + LEFT$(header,3) + "' not implemented yet")
       CLOSE #3
       EXIT SUB

END SELECT
   CLOSE #3  
   NCchangeDir(0,PATH.NC(0))
   NCchangeDir(1,PATH.NC(1))
   NCcursor(ACTIVE.NC,1)
 ENDIF
END SUB

For me it will be bigger help, if we can extend ARC for more compressions, so LZW or LHA will be very welcome addition.
Maybe I will try to remove beta dependencies (right now I think just CAT and INC)...
Jiri

epsilon

Posted: 08:54pm 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirisoft said  Maybe I will try to remove beta dependencies (right now I think just CAT and INC)...

Probably not worth it. Peter just released V5.06.00RC5. It looks like we're getting very close to a V5.06 release. Woohoo! I think I'll give V5.06.00RC5 a spin (might be last chance for objections   ).
Epsilon CMM2 projects

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 09:12pm 16 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

NEWS:
      removed TUI.INC, can be downloaded from separate repository here
      (shared library for more apps)
      BASIC programs can be started with ENTER
Jiri

epsilon

Posted: 08:55pm 30 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,

I finally got NC installed today. This is a great tool! Super useful.
I don't have much to add, just my compliments and thanks for creating this excellent program!

Cheers,
Ruben/Epsilon.
Epsilon CMM2 projects

Page 2 of 5    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024