Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:54 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Napoleon Commander for CMM2

Page 4 of 5    
paceman
Guru

Posted: 06:26am 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,
I'm having trouble with the Graphics Viewer. I down-loaded the images you used above (from ffmpeg/atariST.org) and then tried the Viewer on them. Both seemed to load OK but when the progress bar came to the end it threw an Error:

"Error in line 3748: Argument list."

Greg

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 09:56am 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Greg,
it looks like older version of GRF.INC. What version you have (it's all either in new NC under F10 or in files on begin as VERSION.NC for NC.BAS, VERSION.GRF for GRF.INC and VERSION.TUI for TUI.INC)?

If the error line is with

GRF.loadST(filePath, 0, 0, 1, 1)

in older GRF.INC was not used the 4th parameter (progress bar ON)...

Newest versions are:

NC 1.13
TUI 0.40
GRF 0.10

Edited 2021-02-01 19:59 by jirsoft
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

paceman
Guru

Posted: 01:10pm 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The versions are correct - I checked the code for each. The #INCLUDES are correct for the TUI and GRF in the current directory.
The error occurs on the long line starting:
LOCAL STRING dialog = TUI.......

The line above that has the 4 parameters:
IF GRF.loadST(filePath, 0, 0, 1, 1) THEN

Greg
P.S. gotta head off to bed now, getting late.

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 04:26pm 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

paceman said  The versions are correct - I checked the code for each. The #INCLUDES are correct for the TUI and GRF in the current directory.
The error occurs on the long line starting:
LOCAL STRING dialog = TUI.......

The line above that has the 4 parameters:
IF GRF.loadST(filePath, 0, 0, 1, 1) THEN

Greg
P.S. gotta head off to bed now, getting late.

Hi Greg,
I was not able to reproduce the error, can you attach here the file (picture) you used? Anyway I found other bug in palette calculation, so I re-uploaded all the files to the GitHub again, please try to use newest version...

And after fix, the ST pictures should look so:

Jiri

paceman
Guru

Posted: 02:13am 02 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,
Downloaded from Github again, TUI and GRF both V0.14 - but NC also shown as V0.14, I assume that should be NC V1.14.

Tried again but a problem still there - on my setup anyway. Tried to view GORILLA.PC1 but this time it didn't get as far as the progress bar. As soon as I pressed F3 key it threw an error:

Error in line 3740: GRF.GETSTINFO is not declared.

Some more info in case it's relevant: I'm running Peter's latest b11, and for some reason it's not clearing memory when I power off the CMM2. When I power on again it reboots straight into the previous program, which at the moment is NC. It's behaving like AUTORUN is ON.

More info: I downloaded the AtariST graphics files from: Sample AtariST. Also my NC.CFG file shows 1000.

Greg

paceman
Guru

Posted: 02:39am 02 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I just re-flashed Peter's b11 but the above same error still occurs when trying to use the NC Viewer. The memory clearing problem has now gone.

Greg

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 04:54pm 02 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Greg,
I just tried to download NC from GitHub to new directory and it worked for me OK, with the exceptions of need again change path for both #INCLUDEs... I need to be more careful  

This error looks like GRF.INC is not loaded or just partially. But when the #INCLUDE will be wrong, error will be during preprocessing, so either you CMM2 has some problems with loading or you have somehow loaded older version of GRF.INC without ST loaders.

First error can be eliminated by simply insert GRF.INC and TUI.INC in the NC.BAS (with F7) and comment #INCLUDE lines. The problem is, that I'm updating more often GRF.INC (and sometimes TUI.INC) than NC.BAS...

Second: just try F10 (you can make screenshot with ALT+PrtScr) and check the libraries (it will work also with grouped file from point above).

But anyway I will definitely look for SD card, it's OK?
Jiri

paceman
Guru

Posted: 01:42am 03 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,
I finally found my dumb mistake. I hadn't checked whether the #INCLUDES were uncommented in the NC code like they were in the SimpleEd code. I'd been using NC before SimpleEd and didn't go back - Duhhh....

The VIEWER's working great now, congratulations!
I also tried the .BMP save from the viewer and that works well. Also the SCREENSHOT for 'whole of screen' and 'current view' and they both work nicely - well done again!

I haven't got PYTHON loaded on my system so can't check the serial server capabilities yet. I'll give that a go sometime soon and also set up an 8266 link (hopefully) using Peter's recent info.

jirsoft said  But anyway I will definitely look for SD card, it's OK?

Not sure what you're referring to here re the SD card?

Greg

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 10:39am 03 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Greg,
this is perfect! At least I have fixed in the meantime the palette error  

With the #INCLUDEs is for me problematic. because my GRF.INC and TUI.INC are not simply parts of the NC, but more something like my reusable libraries. So I need to keep them in some fix path, so my structure is:

A:/
A:/.../.../my apps/
 LIB/
   GRF.INC
   TUI.INC

NC/
   NC files

SimplEd/
   SimplEd files

.../

An then I can make just #INCLUDE "../LIB/GRF.INC", so then I'm sure I have still the current library, no duplicates etc and I can use the same #INCLUDE path in every my application...

Quote  Not sure what you're referring to here re the SD card?

The SD card was mentioned, because I thought the problem could be some "partially" loading of the files...
Jiri

paceman
Guru

Posted: 12:17pm 03 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Jiri,
I'm happy using the root /LIB for TUI and GRF now that I know the #INCLUDE issue and I think that would be true for most people - we'll just need to document it properly. I'll do it in the Manual if you like, or maybe it should be a 'once-off' warning on startup or something - or option to turn off the message using .CFG maybe?

Also, is the HT mouse supported now? I've got the PS2 mouse so can't check. Do you plan to support the PS2 one in future? I managed to lock up the system a couple of times before I realised the PS2 mouse wasn't supported.

I keep getting caught with the 'non-CMM2 standard' quit method too. I hope I get used to it soon, Alt/F10 is pretty esoteric compared to Ctrl/C.

Greg

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 01:03pm 03 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Greg,
no, the mouse is not supported and I'm not planning to support it. NC is since development start meant as keyboard driven and mouse will not bring too much gain here. I can select the file or menu item, but for example movement of the files between panes will be too complicated. So I decided to skip mouse support for it (when will be massive demand here, I can re-evaluate it).

And for the #INCLUDEs: I can't catch the error here, because it's done during preprocessing, so you will get just cryptic Could not find the file. And because every user has different storage system organisation, it's hard to do something. So I have started to include copy of GRF.INC and TUI.INC on NC GitHub repository, but this bring me problems with actualisation and sometimes I forget remove my links...

The CTRL-C is meant as key for interrupt the running application in MMBasic, not  nice quit! And the reason for using "non-standard" way was not to interrupt the app incidentally. The next question is What is standard? Oon windows ALT-F4, on Mac Command-Q, somewhere CTRL-X, CTRL-D...). So for me is better to get "caught" than quit app when not chosen.
Jiri

paceman
Guru

Posted: 11:50am 04 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That's all good for me Jiri - I'm happy as it is.
Greg

Paul_L
Guru

Posted: 10:06pm 04 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have found that using a rodent to talk to Norton Commander, Total Commander and (by extension) Napoleon Commander is counterproductive. The function key operations and arrow key cursor control works way better. I use Total Commander continuously on all my machines. It's a great program.

Paul in NY

epsilon

Posted: 04:14pm 24 Mar 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,

I'm reorganizing a directory structure on my CMM2, and I'm happily using NC to do this.

I have one very minor suggestion for you to consider: Whenever I move (Alt-F5) a file from one tab to another, the cursor gets reset to the top of the directory and I have to find again where I was in my (way too long) directory. To me, it would make sense if the cursor just goes to the next file in the list, i.e. the one after the file that's being moved.

Just a thought. Thanks again for this great tool.

Ruben/Epsilon.
Epsilon CMM2 projects

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 04:35pm 24 Mar 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

epsilon said  Hi Jiri,

I'm reorganizing a directory structure on my CMM2, and I'm happily using NC to do this.

I have one very minor suggestion for you to consider: Whenever I move (Alt-F5) a file from one tab to another, the cursor gets reset to the top of the directory and I have to find again where I was in my (way too long) directory. To me, it would make sense if the cursor just goes to the next file in the list, i.e. the one after the file that's being moved.

Just a thought. Thanks again for this great tool.

Ruben/Epsilon.

Hi Ruben,
I'm right now in the process of bigger upgrade of NC (mainly network part, but also some minor things), and this I have in roadmap for longer time (but I was too lazy). You are right, it needs to be finally done  
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 05:30pm 03 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,
so finally again some progress in Napoleon Commander  (v1.24):
+ some operations are faster
+ improved network speed and reliability with new server (50-60kB/s transfer speed in both directions)
NCwifiServer.py 0.26 and ESP8266 OTA firmware (0.65) - both needed to be updated as well
+ on many operations cursor is not jumping to first file/dir anymore (Ruben   )
+ preparation for FTP server and ELF to CSUB convertor
- serial transfer not tested (so maybe not working), I need to retest it and possibly update NCserialServer.py

Enjoy (and give positive or negative response, please)...
Jiri

epsilon

Posted: 09:45am 04 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  
+ on many operations cursor is not jumping to first file/dir anymore (Ruben   )

Verified. Works great. Thank you!
Epsilon CMM2 projects

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 01:19pm 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,
new version of Napoleon Commander (v1.26) is here:
+ improved transfer speeds over both serial and WiFi, tested on CMM2 Deluxe by Piotr
new ESP8266 firmware v0.66 needed, can be installed over-the-air (OTA)
and also NCserver.py v0.28
+ new python server combine serial and WiFi server:
python3 NCserver.py -h
Napoleon server v0.28

NCserver.py -s <serverdir> -i <CMM2 IP> -v <verbose level>
NCserver.py -s <serverdir> -p <port> -v <verbose level>
 <serverdir>
   base directory for NCserver, Napoleon Commander on CMM2 see just inside of this
   (Napoleon Commander on CMM2 see just inside of this)

<IP>
   IP address of ESP on CMM2 (WiFi server)

<port>
   serial port for connection with CMM2 (serial server)

<verbose>
   verbose level (0=min, 3 = max), default 1
+ bugfixes

Enjoy!
Edited 2021-04-18 23:21 by jirsoft
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 04:47pm 09 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,
I have just put on the GitHub new NC v1.33. What's new:
(mostly) resolution independent, you need just to have at least 800 pixels horizontal, partially is also menu extended with bigger resolution (4 steps)
if somebody use it with CMM2 G2 and 1920x1080, please let me know if it works...
new configuration system (old file will be converted)
bugfixes (mainlyly error trapping)
speed up in file sorting

So enjoy!

Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 03:44pm 20 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,
v1.38 released, just next step in configuration system (mostly for resolution switching), updated TUI.INC (for config dialog) - it doesn't break anything old but it's possibly to differ between ENTER and ESC in TUIchoice.

Enjoy!

Jiri

Page 4 of 5    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024