Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:29 18 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 Expansion Module Design Contest

Page 2 of 2    
siwypiotr

Posted: 01:17pm 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

mclout999 said  siwypiotr Hi.

is this the expansion system that the relay controller board I WON will work with and when will that be coming my way WINK WINK.

Dont worry I remember about You. Shift register card is the base that will be used for relay card, relay card is coming next and You will get it!

mclout999
Guru

Posted: 03:29pm 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

siwypiotr said  

is this the expansion system that the relay controller board I WON will work with and when will that be coming my way WINK WINK.

Dont worry I remember about You. Shift register card is the base that will be used for relay card, relay card is coming next and You will get it!

I will need the expansion system as well but will I need the power module or is that only needed for some cards?  I might be amendable of getting the Mouse joystick and Nunchuck board instead if that is less expensive for you(see I'm being all noble like ;-} ).  So what are the parts you need to get up and running with this? It looks like a very robust design like all of your offerings.  Thanks.

siwypiotr

Posted: 05:56pm 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

mclout999 said  
  siwypiotr said  

I will need the expansion system as well but will I need the power module or is that only needed for some cards?  I might be amendable of getting the Mouse joystick and Nunchuck board instead if that is less expensive for you(see I'm being all noble like ;-} ).  So what are the parts you need to get up and running with this? It looks like a very robust design like all of your offerings.  Thanks.

Due to HT chip that is quite expensive and imported from UK mouse module will be most expensive in my opinion.

Power module will be required for very power hungry boards, relay board will be power hungry so most probably it will be needed. Maybe one relay card will work without power module but this I will have to test.

RetroJoe

Posted: 06:36pm 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

So... why is the Hobbytronics mouse interface even a "thing" anymore? Isn't it "instantly obsolete" now that there's native PS/2 support?
Edited 2021-02-02 04:38 by RetroJoe
Enjoy Every Sandwich / Joe P.

siwypiotr

Posted: 07:24pm 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

RetroJoe said  So... why is the Hobbytronics mouse interface even a "thing" anymore? Isn't it "instantly obsolete" now that there's native PS/2 support?

Yes it is, HT is in biggest focus
Edited 2021-02-02 05:25 by siwypiotr

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 08:12pm 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Piotr,
if the new version should have again somehow ESP module included (or on external cartridge), don't forget possibility to RESET just ESP separated from CMM2 (maybe sacrifice one output pin?). This is feature I miss too much  
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 08:27pm 01 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

RetroJoe said  So... why is the Hobbytronics mouse interface even a "thing" anymore? Isn't it "instantly obsolete" now that there's native PS/2 support?

The Hobbytronics interface caters for a much larger range of mice including wireless models which some people prefer.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024