Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:32 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : PicoMite VGA Edition beta releases

Page 5 of 5    
matherp
Guru

Posted: 05:52pm 18 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

http://geoffg.net/Downloads/picomite/PicoMite_Beta.zip

PicoMiteVGAV5.07.02b7 now included with the normal PicoMite Beta in the download from Geoff's site

Fixes bug that added an extra space after a REM command each time the program was edited.
Fixes bug in ON KEY keyno,int
NEW subcommands for SETTICK
SETTICK PAUSE, myint [,tickno] ' pauses the tick so that the interrupt is delayed but the current count is maintained
SETTICK RESUME, myint [,tickno] ' resumes the tick after a pause
NEW subcommands for FLASH
FLASH LIST no [,all] ' lists in full the program held in the flash slot
FLASH EXECUTE no ' runs the program in the flash slot direct from the flash memory without overwriting the main program
Increases drive level for SDcard output pins (CD, MOSI and CLOCK) which MAY improve SDcard reliability when the SPI bus is loaded with additional devices (LCD and/or touch)
Reduces maximum file name length to 63 characters but increase maximum files that can be listed with FILES command to 1000
Fixed memory leak caused by ctrl-C out of FILES command

flasherror

Posted: 11:19pm 18 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the pause/resume commands (and FILES fix).
Now if my ordered Pico could just hurry up and get here...

matherp said  How about you write me an outline spec? I've often thought about this but can't see an obvious syntax and structure

When you say "outline spec" do you mean from the programmer's point of view (i.e. what new MMbasic commands, how they would work etc) or the gory implementation details?

I have noticed that the Espressif documentation on the AT commands is rather poorly done and doesn't match the AT command firmware exactly. I have had more luck in setting up a test access point with deliberately poor signal quality so I can see what firmware does.
Edited 2021-12-19 09:25 by flasherror

matherp
Guru

Posted: 11:22pm 18 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  When you say "outline spec" do you mean from the programmer's point of view (i.e. what new MMbasic commands, how they would work etc)

Yes, exactly that

flasherror

Posted: 10:38am 19 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  
PicoMiteVGAV5.07.02b7
NEW subcommands for SETTICK
SETTICK PAUSE, myint [,tickno] ' pauses the tick so that the interrupt is delayed but the current count is maintained
SETTICK RESUME, myint [,tickno] ' resumes the tick after a pause

Just had a thought -  should there be a way to disable/resume ALL timers with a single MMBasic command to make it more "atomic" / global timer interrupt disable? i.e. SETTICK PAUSE _ALL_ ?
One reason for disabling all interrupts is that you might be trying to modify vars/flags used by multiple timer interrupts and disabling one by one might still have the chance that an interrupt fires before all of them are disabled?

Page 5 of 5    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024