Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:26 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : PicoMite: can we explain/fix "ticking" when using PLAY SOUND

Page 5 of 5    
Amnesie
Guru

Posted: 03:56pm 24 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Volhout said  
P.P.S. amnesie's audio filter (the one with the 1.5mH inductor and the 4871 audio amplifier has very similar characteristics as Mozzie's filter. No sure I would make that the reference for anything else than that particular speaker. Maybe the combination is good, but I expect listening to CD quality audio (attachning good headphones/amplifier) will not satisfy (me not).

In general you are right. I tested this circuit with four different speakers different sizes (all 8 Ohms) and all sounded good.

You concern about the audio quality is correct, that's why I used a swiched headphone jack, which obviously disconnects the whole amplifier and speaker, so you can plug it into another amplifier or headphones.

But with my circuit I cannot get clicking or static noise to an audiable level. For me this circuit works really good. The audio quality is the same as the typical and average notebook speaker sound. Of course you cannot expect hifi, but this is why the audio jack is swiched.

Edit: Expecting Hifi-quality from a "built-in" speaker is somehow pointless, too. It has not the frequency response which is desired.

Greetings
Daniel
Edited 2023-03-25 01:59 by Amnesie

thwill

Guru

Posted: 04:11pm 24 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Amnesie said  But with my circuit I cannot get clicking ...

The clicking (at least that which prompted this thread) was not specific to a filter/amp/speaker combination but a firmware issue when using PLAY SOUND to play music. Peter fixed it in b28  .

Best wishes,

Tom
Edited 2023-03-25 02:13 by thwill
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

Amnesie
Guru

Posted: 08:04pm 24 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  
  Amnesie said  But with my circuit I cannot get clicking ...

The clicking (at least that which prompted this thread) was not specific to a filter/amp/speaker combination but a firmware issue when using PLAY SOUND to play music. Peter fixed it in b28  .

Best wishes,

Tom

Ah great news! I never used "play sound" only play wav "...." maybe this is why I never heared it?!

Greetings
Daniel

Page 5 of 5    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024