Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:01 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Latronics PVE1200 Schematic?

BjBlaster

Posted: 01:28am 23 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey Guys we had some terrible weather here in Perth last night, and my gutters overflowed and filled the eves up and then poured through the light fitting into my grid fed inverter whilst it was on

Just wondering if anyone has the schematic and or service manual for such a beast? I think the power stage is a miss, but can't see what should be feeding it from the micro....

Thanks

Bj
Check out my projects here in:
Bj's Shed

GWatPE

Posted: 03:49am 23 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bj,

I damaged my PVE1200, from overvoltage.

Water would most likely screw up the logic, and send the wrong signals to the mosfets. Probably have some fused devices. There are mosfet drivers on the micro outputs. 8pin dip's.

Mine took out 7 mosfets. I replaced them, but still no go. Sent unit back to Latronics, as there were additional problems that I was unable to trace. I could not get ccts either.

I opted to get them to fix it. Quote was under $300, and included warranty. I only sent back the electronic module. I figured, No point in sending complete unit, as freight was going to be a problem.

A phone call to Latronics would be the go.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

neil0mac

Posted: 10:59pm 23 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GWatPE said  

I damaged my PVE1200, from overvoltage.

Gordon,

Other ways to damage a Latronics Inverter besides 'over watts'?

Over amps?

GWatPE

Posted: 02:30am 24 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Neil0Mac,

In my case, it was not power related, as the inverter had not yet connected to the grid.

I doubt that Amps would play a part, as I have seen the PVE1200 supply over 1500W back to the grid, before current limiting. BTW, I believe that 20A is the current limit.

Units have thermal protection as well, that reduces the current limit.

I believe that the units if operated with an external voltage input limit, are well protected.

The unfortunate aspect is the uncontrolled component. Water messes with most things electrical.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

BjBlaster

Posted: 11:59am 24 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well I fluked it :) I changed the driver that fed the two fets that leaked obvious smoke... and it's working fine again

thanks for your input though!

Cheers

Bj
Bj's Shed

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 06:12am 27 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BJ blaster
now should call you lucky, nice one!!

Who did your install? and clean the gutters and put a hood over the top to prevent any possibility of it happening again

next time might no be so simple

Karl
Luck favours the well prepared

BjBlaster

Posted: 11:45pm 28 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

KarlJ said   BJ blaster
now should call you lucky, nice one!!

Who did your install? and clean the gutters and put a hood over the top to prevent any possibility of it happening again

next time might no be so simple

Karl

The gutters where squeaky clean, it was just we had our months railfall in 20 minutes, and hail the size of tennis balls. It was the worst storm in 50 years... No one was ready for that

A bloke from work had to start drilling 20mm holes in his back wall to get the water out of his cavity because the water was coming out of the 300mm high power points inside his house from the gutter overflow. Perth had never seen anything like this.. well in our lifetime anyway.

So I removed the light socket that was in the eves above the inverter and filled in the hole. Now at least it can't funnel into the inverter if the eves fill up again
Bj's Shed

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 09:16am 29 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

i was here, one of my Volvos was suspected drowned
(but AOK)
the other which had literally been delivered hours prior to the storm was outside for 1/2 the hailstorm.
Damage is noticeable if you look carefully but for $1000 excess I think I'll be living with it.

I did tell the Perth locals to look out, I was coming!

Karl
Luck favours the well prepared

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024