Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:21 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Battery Rescue?

Page 28 of 29    
isaiah

Guru

Posted: 03:58am 29 Sep 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good job there Bob
I had one of those cart battery's blow the top one day while charging A36 VOLT system
and a 36 volt cart charger.
I may cut this battery the rest of the way open to see but we think one of the cell connectors may have come loose is what caused the hi decibel event.
They were miss used but cheap when I got them!
I got two cart battery's and 4 man lift battery's in the cart now and seems to be going ok .
The man lift battery's are smaller so I dont go as far without a recharge.
Isaiah
URL=http://www.motherearthnews.com/Renewable-Energy/1973-11- 01/The-Plowboy-Interview.aspx>The Plowboy Interview[/URL>

greg199

Posted: 03:55am 05 Nov 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This is a great thread and a big thanks to you Bob for starting it and other experts for contributing their experience.
I've skipped through about half the posts but I will study the whole lot carefully over the next week or two.
In the meantime I'd like to buy one of those Infinitum desuphators. Can anyone tell me where I can buy them in Australia (or in Perth, WA?).

rustyrod

Posted: 02:17am 09 Jun 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

To think of all that time I spent with vero board and getting parts!
ready made
My crickets are still chirping away.
As I said some batteries get better some don't.
I am not giving up yet, the BIG one is still under construction awaiting an oscilloscope.

Or these

Infinitum 12 volt are on saleEdited by rustyrod 2016-06-10
Always Thinking

isaiah

Guru

Posted: 08:02pm 30 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Haven't been here for a while been a busy summer so far and very extreeme weather in the USA.
Still using the mixed batteries on the golf cart .
It would cost me at least $600.00+ to get new ones for it so these will do for now.
I'm kind of looking for something to get around with in the winter snow.
Bub and have used our generators quite a bit this summer due to the grid going down .
URL=http://www.motherearthnews.com/Renewable-Energy/1973-11- 01/The-Plowboy-Interview.aspx>The Plowboy Interview[/URL>

isaiah

Guru

Posted: 06:23am 03 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Has anyone herd any thing from Bob VK4AYQ ?
I haven't herd from him in while hope he is ok?
My mixed batch of batteries on the golf cart went dead on me and my son got me a gas cart for hauling it home and We did some work on it and that is what Im using now.
I have one set of wheels with chains on the tires so it dose pretty good in the winter.

BobD

Guru

Posted: 09:50am 03 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah, I just looked him up. He hasn't been on here, not even just for a look, since 9 June 2016. That doesn't sound good.

rustyrod

Posted: 02:07pm 03 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I had an email from him on 15/12/15
(Good to hear from you, not been to well had a stroke on top of my heart problems still alive but not kicking at the moment, booked myself out of the hosspiddle yesterday and now resting at home.

I have sold up here and moving to Stanthorpe in January and been told to rest for there a few months.
Will keep in contact when I get there, I hope you are feeling OK then too.

All the best Bob )

He has not replied to another email sent in feb /16
By chance I sent an email a few days ago, no reply
They were not rejected or undelivered by the system.
Always Thinking

Madog

Posted: 03:13pm 03 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

rustyrod said  

As I don't have his email address, I know emails will Not bounce unless the account is closed of it fills-up.

Admin should have his contact details & numbers ...hopefully a mobile number.
I hope all is well with him! Edited by Madog 2017-05-05
Small minds discuss people, Average minds discuss events, Great minds discuss ideas, Be GREAT !

See this Great engine with No Crankshaft: http://www.revetec.com

isaiah

Guru

Posted: 03:14pm 03 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Rusty,
I m having troubles also
I have 5 bulging disc's in my back ant the veterans assn was giving me a narcotic for it and now they are taking the narcotic's away!
I have done therapy on it and has helped and do exercises at home ,.
The VA. wants to send me to a Neutralist But I dont want surgery at this point!!
I am doing some things with natural supplements .
If you have seen a old post of mine about that grid electricity will become a pricey luxury rather that a affordable staple back in 2009 well they are making it come true they raised my bill $100.00 per month and next year the are going to stick us with the cost of a new building.
If Me and the wife were younger we would go total off grid
Isaiah

BobD

Guru

Posted: 04:10pm 03 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Madog said  
  rustyrod said  

As I don't have his email address, I know emails will Not bounce unless the account is closed of it fills-up.

Admin should have his contact details & numbers ...hopefully a mobile number.
I hope all is well with him!

His email is in his TBS profile. I did a white pages search for Robert Morgan of Stanthorpe QLD 4380 without a result. I tried the whole of QLD but got over 1100 hits. I note from his profile that he will be 71 years later in May.Edited by BobD 2017-05-05

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:20pm 03 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

His amateur radio call sign VK4AYQ doesn't appear in the ACMA database...
That may be something simple like not renewing.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 02:01pm 04 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am VK3ALY, have not had a contact on air for over 45 years, and no longer pay the annual license fee.

But that call sign is still registered to me, and is still listed in all the international call sign books, with my name and address. Apparently it cannot be re allocated to someone else, even though it has been inactive for such a very long time.

So when you are allocated a particular call sign, it is a lifetime thing.

My call sign gets an active response from Google, and so does Jim VK7JH, but VK4AYQ does not.
So not sure what is going on there.
Cheers,  Tony.

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 09:06pm 04 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

isaiah said   Has anyone herd any thing from Bob VK4AYQ ?

Yes i have pop in his place for a chat that last time i saw him in around about 2016 as Bob have mention to me about moving to Stanthorpe and this last time i have spoken to Bob however I got my self ill had fews operation plus going though divorce and won custody that my son want live his dad and my health wasnt the best at that time anyway now slowly recovering slowing however now i am back with backshed forum and thank Glen for your message Anyway I would like to visit Bob soon as bob is not far from my home hopefully he is ok cheers

june or AugustStanthorpe

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 09:11pm 04 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just as a matter of interest, do you know a Dr Joseph Chiappalone ?
He was the local GP in Stanthorpe, but is now retired.
Cheers,  Tony.

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 11:46pm 04 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry not really just send me PM cheers

isaiah

Guru

Posted: 08:54am 22 Nov 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I haven't herd from Bob for along time we did have email communications and now nothing.
Hope he is ok
We need to keep this thread alive and current.
Im working on a 1942 Packard Clipper these days ,it was setting a long time.
Isaiah

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 05:39am 23 Nov 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

About Bob,VK4AYQ..

I also sent him a posting ,I think by private message. no reply.

Hi Dwyer, hope you are recovering ,it's not good getting "old" ,lol.

Anyhow , I'm still ticking and a big welcome to anybody driving this way -Mt. Tamborine area,.

Bruce 0427 747 748
Bushboy

BobD

Guru

Posted: 06:25am 23 Nov 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I just did a search of the Ryerson Index and I couldn't find anything that looked like a hit for Bob VK4AYQ (Robert Morgan 24/05/1946). Ryerson is a listing of death notices and obituaries in Australian newspapers.

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 09:54am 23 Nov 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BobD said   I just did a search of the Ryerson Index and I couldn't find anything that looked like a hit for Bob VK4AYQ (Robert Morgan 24/05/1946). Ryerson is a listing of death notices and obituaries in Australian newspapers.

Hi all I have search on Google Map and found Robert (Bob)home and found there no solar panel nor Windmill on His workshop's roof has disappear same with old machining on the ground beside his workshed also disappear and this last time i call in and we both have cuppa and share nice cake i brought and that approx 2 years ago .Hopefully try and pop in next weekend as at moment depend on my properly settlement is on going as got to pay my ex in next several day.but still keep my home

dwyer the bushman

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 11:38am 23 Nov 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

From what i heard some time back was Bob has sold up and moved, unsure where to or his current state, i also often wonder where many of old forum friends are at.
Perhaps the forum can have a discreet section where it can be informed of a loss of a member in life.
I like all here hope bob is somehow in retirement fiddling with over driving the neighbors gophers cart.

All the best to Bob.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

Page 28 of 29    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024