Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:57 18 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MM+: Display an 800x480 image in <1s

Page 2 of 2    
matherp
Guru

Posted: 03:33pm 21 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  Will try extra settings, many Thanks in advance.

Details of the options are given in the fourth tutorial and are essential to use static stringsEdited by matherp 2018-05-23

TrevorH

Posted: 09:40am 23 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for your help on options, that did it and now works perfectly.

I am still not able to get DrawBitmap working, instead of putting text characters on the screen it only puts a line on screen at the x and y.
I don't really understand how the DrawBitmap routine works ( you did say it was more complicated than DrawRectangle).

Trevor

TrevorH

Posted: 09:14am 15 Jun 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@matherp

Hi, you have used the CFunction in this thread to create many different variants and as you know it is the basis for my CPLD driver.

Can you please tell me what determines whether you create a CFunction or a CSub. Since this routine can have many uses how do you decide how many arguments to pass for each individual usage or is this explained already somewhere and I have missed it, If so I apologise in advance.

Trevor.

matherp
Guru

Posted: 09:43am 15 Jun 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  Can you please tell me what determines whether you create a CFunction or a CSub

Same answer as if the code was in Basic - Functions return an answer.
What may confuse is that when CFunctions were initially introduced there were only functions. CSubs came later so some of the earlier examples would be functions when they were really subs

Quote   Since this routine can have many uses how do you decide how many arguments to pass for each individual usage

Don't really understand the question. Number of arguments is totally dependent on the specific application and is tailored to suit. There is a limit of 10 in the MMBasic handling so if more needed then you need to use arrays.

Edited by matherp 2018-06-16

TrevorH

Posted: 10:16am 15 Jun 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I suppose the first question is a bit vague as I knew already about returns etc, but after some experimenting I have found that the loadable used doesn't seem to auto load as a library part if I create it as a CSub.

As far as the arguments go I know how to use SSD1963 as Initialisation using "i=SSD1963(1,6,7) but I haven't seen any examples of the other 9 commands available to this Cfunction. In each case I assume they take different numbers of parameters. I think I don't understand how this works.

Sorry to be a pain, I clearly have a lot to learn.

Trevor.

matherp
Guru

Posted: 11:31am 15 Jun 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  but I haven't seen any examples of the other 9 commands available to this Cfunction.

There is one example in the Basic program attached on page 2 of the thread

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024