Menu
JAQForum Ver 26.09

Forum Index : Windmills : Handshake

Posted: 10:58pm
23 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
MacGyver
Guru


This is just a handshake across the years. I was a Guru here 15 years ago, but I dont mind starting over again from scratch.

I still build tiny VAWTs, using what I like to call the Honey Bee method.

Have you ever seen a 500 pound honey bee?

Me neither. I have, however, seen thousands upon thousands of tiny honey bees combine their efforts towards one common goal, acheiving the same goal as one 500-pound honey ber could produce.

I keep my worker bees (tiny VAWTs) tied together electrically, so they all act in unison, giving me a net outcome of one monster bee.

Being small, with just one moving part, hurricanes and tornadoes are less a threat. An upwind Stewart-type mill can become lethal, if it flys apart. Not so with a tiny VAWT.

I'll post videos on my YouTube channel one of thesr days.

Anyway, I'm back. I'm Dutch. 6'6" tall and approaching 78 years old. I'm retired and live alone, homesteading on the Texas prairie. I keep busy with an endless curiosity, free time and a fat piggy bank full of funds designated for toys.

My grandson asked me what I was going to do today. I told him I planned on finishing up yesterday's project. He then asked what that was and I told him . . . Sleepin' mostly.
Edited 2026-09-24 09:09 by MacGyver
Nothing difficult is ever easy!
Perhaps better stated in the words of Morgan Freeman,
"Where there is no struggle, there is no progress!"
Copeville, Texas
 
Posted: 11:21pm
23 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Grogster
Admin Group


Welcome back.  

MacGyver was one of my favourite TV shows growing up back in the 80's, and I ended up buying the entire series box set.  I still love watching the episodes even now.

The MURDOC ones are definetly my favourite ones.  

My brother was really into the honey bees for a while, so I got to learn a whole lot about bees I never knew before.

Hope to see you around the forums again, then.  
 
Posted: 12:46pm
24 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
mad jack
Newbie


Good to see you are back and doing well, I am in north Texas as well and would like to see your tiny VAWTs when you can post them
 


To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

The Back Shed's forum code is written, and hosted, in Australia.
© JAQ Software 2026