Menu
JAQForum Ver 26.09

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : PicoMite V6.04.00 release candidates

   Page 1 of 2    
Posted: 01:26pm
21 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
matherp
Guru

Version 6.04.00RC0 is available at https://github.com/UKTailwind/PicoMite/releases/tag/PicoMite-V6.04.00RC0

This has a few internal changes from b12 and rc0 also fixes the bug Volhout reported on the PicoMiteMIN.

I decided there was so much new stuff in since 6.03.00 that this merited a new version - possibly it should even have been V7

The release notes on github are the full list of changes since 6.03.00

The release assets include a zip containing all of the ancillary reference pdf files

This release will wipe your options and the contents of the A: drive so backup first if required

 
Posted: 01:45pm
21 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
terekgabor
Senior Member

Congrats Peter!

Getting better and better. I like this language.

G@bor
 
Posted: 05:44pm
21 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Volhout
Guru


  matherp said  Version 6.04.00RC0. This has a few internal changes from b12 and rc0 also fixes the bug Volhout reported on the PicoMiteMIN.


Works great !!

Thanks

Volhout
 
Posted: 10:41pm
21 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
phil99
Guru


Just a note for anyone else as dim as me when restoring options from B: on LCD versions.

OPTION SDCARD needs to be set to use OPTION DISK LOAD "B:/myoptions.txt", even I remembered that.
What I forgot is the touch controller blocks SPI access until its CS pin is set high.
Perhaps some LCD panels also need their CS pin is set high.

Either use SETPIN or load SYSTEM SPI, LCD and TOUCH options manually.
 
Posted: 06:17am
22 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
terekgabor
Senior Member

Hello Peter!

I used LIBRARY RAM with 6.03.02b12 worked well.
Now on 6.04.00RC0 I got Not enough PSRAM memory error. Same library - variable declarations, font definitions.
I tried RAM ERASE ALL, no success.
I have 6444K free RAM (100%).

Webmite version Pimoroni Pico Plus 2W

G@bor

Footnote added 2026-09-22 16:26 by terekgabor
I tried again is occuring after restart the system (Picocalc in this case).
If I delete RAM option from LIBRARY command the error disappears - library loads to flash. When I write back RAM option the error never comes again until next restart.

Footnote added 2026-09-22 16:51 by terekgabor
If I delete program from memory (NEW) then just LOAD back it can read library from RAM again.
So seems something happening after restart.
 
Posted: 06:42am
22 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Volhout
Guru


  phil99 said  Just a note for anyone else as dim as me when restoring options from B: on LCD versions.

OPTION SDCARD needs to be set to use OPTION DISK LOAD "B:/myoptions.txt", even I remembered that.
What I forgot is the touch controller blocks SPI access until its CS pin is set high.
Perhaps some LCD panels also need their CS pin is set high.

Either use SETPIN or load SYSTEM SPI, LCD and TOUCH options manually.


I don't think there is a solution to that. Reprogramming the pico typical requires an erase. So options are also gone. The only possibility is (like with Game*Mite) that you get your specific option list inside the pico image. I am not sure how far off your pico platform is, but if you can make the wiring identical to Game*Mite you could OPTION RESET GAMEMITE. Or ask Peter to add your configuration (OPTION RESET PHILL99).

Regards,

Volhout

P.S. I do not think you need many more updates to a 2040 LCD platform. The 2040 is pretty much exhausted. Maybe just type the options in.
Edited 2026-09-22 16:46 by Volhout
 
Posted: 07:55am
22 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
phil99
Guru


Normally I use Xmodem to save the settings on the PC so the issue doesn't occur.
It doesn't require Peter's attention, just me forgetting about touch.

I could add pullups to the CS pins so only the SD card needs to be configured before restoring the option file.
Edited 2026-09-22 17:55 by phil99
 
Posted: 08:32am
22 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
matherp
Guru

G@bor
I can't replicate after multiple tries so you will need to post your library and main program for me to do anything further
You can also try this and see what it reports

WebMiteRP2350V6.04.00RC1.zip
Edited 2026-09-22 19:22 by matherp
 
Posted: 10:17am
22 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
terekgabor
Senior Member

Peter,

thanks, I will continue investigation.

G@bor
 
Posted: 06:49pm
22 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
terekgabor
Senior Member

Hello Peter!

With RC1 I got new error:
Error: Invalid memory request of 0 byte.

Error is always referring to the library:
[LIBRARY] Dim cnvrt conv(9)

Conv() is an array created in type cnvrt.
Structure definition is in the library also.

If I delete Dim cnvrt conv(9) from Library error disappears.

Very strange, but there is an IF..ENDIF in the beginning of the main program. If I delete it or comment out, error also disappears.
This IF is checking two strings are equal or not only. Independent from conv() array totally.

Memory status:
Program: 47% free
Save var: 100% free
RAM: 100% free (6447k)

G@bor

Footnote added 2026-09-23 05:09 by terekgabor
I jusr put a COLOR line (for example COLOR 0,0) befire IF and no error at all.
Strange.
 
Posted: 06:57pm
22 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
matherp
Guru

What is the definition of cnvrt. The more you can list the better my chance of fixing
Are you loading the library with LIBRARY LOAD? What happens if you use LIBRARY SAVE?
 
Posted: 07:33pm
22 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
terekgabor
Senior Member

Type cnvrt
R1 as float
R2 as float
Rstr as string
Bstr as string
End type

I simply put a line COLOR 0,0 before first IF in the main program and error disappeared.

Library Save is ok.

G@bor
 
Posted: 07:58pm
22 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
terekgabor
Senior Member

Peter!

I reduced the main program and library as the followings:
Library: (mylib.bas)

Dim cnvrt conv(9)
Type cnvrt
R1 as float
R2 as float
Bstr as string
Rstr as string
End type

Main program:

Library load “b:/mylib.bas”,ram
If ver$=“” then
End if

The content of the if statement doesn’t matter. Can be anything.

Error Invalid request of 0 bytes comes.

If I put for example Color 0,0 before If error disappears.

Library load “b:/mylib.bas”,ram
Color 0,0
If ver$=“” then
End if

Error comes back if I delete or comment out Color line:

Library load “b:/mylib.bas”,ram
‘Color 0,0
If ver$=“” then
End if

G@bor
 
Posted: 09:42pm
22 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
matherp
Guru

Thanks - that should give me what I need. Will work on it tomorrow
 
Posted: 06:39am
23 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Peter63
Senior Member

GUI cursor on/off – when I set the cursor to off, a light-colored box remains.

> option list
PicoMite MMBasic RP2350B V6.04.00RC0
OPTION LCD SPI GP18,GP19,GP16
OPTION SYSTEM I2C GP34,GP35
OPTION FLASH SIZE 16777216
OPTION COLOURCODE ON
OPTION PICO OFF
OPTION CPUSPEED (KHz) 200000
OPTION LCDPANEL ST7796S, LANDSCAPE,GP20,GP23,GP21,GP22,INVERT
OPTION TOUCH FT6336 GP25,GP24,,50
GUI CALIBRATE 1, 6, 312, 10243, -9961
OPTION GUI CONTROLS 50
OPTION SDCARD GP31, GP26, GP27, GP28
> gui cursor on
> gui cursor off
>




 

/Peter63
Edited 2026-09-23 16:52 by Peter63
 
Posted: 07:24am
23 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
matherp
Guru

What does GUI CURSOR HIDE do?
Can you blit on this screen?
BOX 0,0,100,100,5,RGB(RED),RGB(BLUE)
BLIT 0,0,100,100,100,100

If that doesn't work your screen doesn't support reading from the framebuffer and the cursor can never work
Edited 2026-09-23 17:32 by matherp
 
Posted: 07:30am
23 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Peter63
Senior Member

  Quote  What does GUI CURSOR HIDE do?

tested GUI CURSOR HIDE
when I set the GUI CURSOR HIDE, a light-colored box remains.
/Peter63
 
Posted: 07:32am
23 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
matherp
Guru

See my update to the previous post
 
Posted: 07:36am
23 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Peter63
Senior Member

tested BLIT doesn't work  



Edited 2026-09-23 17:40 by Peter63
 
Posted: 07:40am
23 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
matherp
Guru

The ST7796S controller does support reading from the framebuffer. Check the schematic for your screen and that GP16 is properly connected. You may be able to modify something to get MISO working.
P.S. I tested on a ST7789_320 and the cursor commands work perfectly
Edited 2026-09-23 17:41 by matherp
 
   Page 1 of 2    
The Back Shed's forum code is written, and hosted, in Australia.
© JAQ Software 2026