Menu
JAQForum Ver 26.09

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : ArmmiteF407 V5.07.02 betas - Library - No Battery and more.

   Page 2 of 7    
Posted: 04:15pm
22 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
Chopperp
Guru


For me, it comes up in  Chrome (W11), I clicked the Printer icon in the top RH corner (Not the Download arrow):
In Destination, I selected Save as PDF. Then clicked the save button, Selected the file name in the Downloads Box then select Save.

Comes up OK in Acrobat whereas a  normal download doesn't

Brian
Edited 2023-08-23 02:21 by Chopperp
 
Posted: 04:44pm
22 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
lizby
Guru

  Chopperp said  For me, it comes up in  Chrome (W11), I clicked the Printer icon in the top RH corner (Not the Download arrow):
In Destination, I selected Save as PDF. Then clicked the save button, Selected the file name in the Downloads Box then select Save.

Comes up OK in Acrobat whereas a  normal download doesn't


That worked for me to display all pages, thanks, but it lost the bookmarks.
 
Posted: 08:57pm
22 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
palcal
Guru


It's better I get 144 pages now. I tried clicking 'print  save as PDF' but still the same result.
 
Posted: 09:47pm
22 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
Chopperp
Guru


  lizby said  That worked for me to display all pages, thanks, but it lost the bookmarks.

Oops, I didn't check that. Still goes to the correct page if you type the page no into the page number box.

I just downloaded it using the latest link with my Samsung tablet & it came up OK including the indexing with a PDF reader. Bit strange.

Great manual though.
 
Posted: 10:04pm
22 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
Chopperp
Guru


Seeing if this works

Nope, it didn't

I transferred the Samsung download to the PC & that worked in Acrobat but uploading it to TBS & back down again didn't
Edited 2023-08-23 08:13 by Chopperp
 
Posted: 10:21pm
22 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
palcal
Guru


I was still having problems but found (accidentally) that if I opened the file using the 'PDF X' app in W11 it opens OK.
 
Posted: 10:24pm
22 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
disco4now
Guru


  disco4now said  OK see if these are better.

Armmite F4 Manual.zip


The one I posted last night seems OK to me.The links are OK with the exception of going to the main heading of Commands and Functions (they seem to go a page too far but individual command link are ok).

Maybe I should just post as a zip, seems like there could be some differences with way various browsers view and download the links.

I am using FoxitPDF reader.
 
Posted: 10:30pm
22 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
phil99
Guru


All perfect when downloaded in Opera and viewed in Foxit.
 
Posted: 11:54pm
22 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
palcal
Guru


The problem seems to be with Acrobat which was mentioned above, it opens OK in Firefox and Chrome. As long as I can read it I'm happy.
 
Posted: 12:34am
23 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
lizby
Guru

  disco4now said  OK see if these are better.


This is better--pages and bookmarks ok through page 144--but then the problem recurs in Acrobat:

 
Posted: 04:36am
23 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
bigmik
Guru


Hi PalCal,

I gave up on Acrobat a few years ago, try Sumatra reader . It is pretty damn good.

Regards,

Mick
 
Posted: 04:52am
23 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
palcal
Guru


Thanks Mick I'll give it a go.

Edit....It works well I'll uninstal Acrobat and use Sumatra
Edited 2023-08-23 14:55 by palcal
 
Posted: 07:09am
23 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
disco4now
Guru


I download Acrobat reader and see what you mean. I cleaned up a few things around where it was stopping and now seems OK with acrobat. (Acrobat reader is a bit noisy, wants you to use its new stuff and upgrade, as well I could not immediately see how return to where you come from when you click a link, also installed McAFee security scan, did not see an option not to.)
I use Foxit PDF Reader - has a button to go back so really good to test all the hyper-links.

All the links should be good now.


Armmite F4 Manual.zip
 
Posted: 08:17am
23 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
TassyJim
Guru


All good here.
I agree with Acrobats noise. I hated the 'new' format and was glad I could downgrade to something I was used to.

I dusted off my F4 and loaded the firmware OK.

I need a bigger desk!

Thanks for all the work

Jim
 
Posted: 08:55am
23 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
morgs67
Regular Member

PDF working well now also (on Acrobat).
Many thanks to you for the updates.
Also thanks to Peter.
Updating several boards now.

Tony M
 
Posted: 10:23am
23 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
lizby
Guru

  disco4now said  All the links should be good now.


All looks good now to me in Acrobat. Thanks for running this down, and thanks for all of your work on the F4--terrific MMBasic platform getting a significant upgrade.
 
Posted: 12:03am
24 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
Turbo46
Guru


@disco4now,

Thank you for including the 'Appendix G - Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC)' section. Could I please suggest that you change the font used for the sections of code to Courier New as used in the other sections of code in the manual. It does look better.

The manual works in Acrobat reader for me now but like others I have decided to try other readers.

Thank you for your work on the F4 and the manual.

Bill
 
Posted: 10:21pm
24 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
TassyJim
Guru


In the manual,

MM.Device$ is missing the WEBmite from the list of devices

MM.INFO(EXISTS DIR dir$) is followed by
MM.INFO(EXISTS DIR file$)

The second one should be MM.INFO(EXISTS FILE file$)

Jim
 
Posted: 08:08pm
25 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
gadgetjack
Senior Member

I have a strange one here. I have tried programming 4 times and always the same. Everything seems to work ok until I make the lcd panel as console. Now every time I try to edit , I get "not enough memory" error. Turn off lcd panel console and it works fine.
Is this a bug?
 
Posted: 12:43am
26 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard
disco4now
Guru


OK, I can see a small problem with EDIT with but not the out of memory error.
The error I see is lines are double spaced initially.(arrowing down to second page and backup overcomes it).

Do you have a program loaded? Was it entered from scratch after the firmware update? Have you tried resetting MMBasic i.e. K1 button down while applying power.

I will have a look at the issue I am seeing tonight.

Gerry
 
   Page 2 of 7    
The Back Shed's forum code is written, and hosted, in Australia.
© JAQ Software 2026