Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : PIO for quadrature encoders

Page 4 of 4    
Posted: 03:09pm
25 May 2024
Copy link to clipboard
Volhout
Guru

Ho Phenix,

That is serious stuff. A magnitude from the tiny picomite.
Very exciting. Keep us up to date. There are only few industrial applications for MMbasic,.... are ypu assembling the pico in a DIN rail casing?

Volhout

Posted: 04:03pm
25 May 2024
Copy link to clipboard
PhenixRising
Guru

Volhout said  Ho Phenix,

That is serious stuff. A magnitude from the tiny picomite.
Very exciting. Keep us up to date. There are only few industrial applications for MMbasic,.... are ypu assembling the pico in a DIN rail casing?

Volhout

No DIN-rail mounts. They might be convenient for the constructor of the panel, typically on a work-bench but in the field they can be a real to remove. Maintenance technician lying on the floor or up on a ladder, flashlight between the teeth, trying to pull the device away from the panel so that the terminals are more accessible. No, I am having metal enclosures (better shielding) fabricated which are retained by neodymium magnets. I'm on a mission to simplify everything that I work on. The PicoMites will all have a double (redundancy). I use only through-hole and socketed components. Spare buffers (opto-couplers, line-receivers, etc.) stored in a "care package".

I want ordinary electricians to be able to instantly repair anything that might fail (failures are rare but still...)

One (of two) of these has already failed and, of course, they are obsolete (typical of these companies). A PicoMite is easily up to the task (thanks to quadrature counting  )  

Page 4 of 4    

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024