Menu
JAQForum Ver 26.09

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Pico Computer 3 - One board to rule them all

   Page 8 of 9    
Posted: 07:42am
15 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Andrew_G
Guru

Hi all,
I'm about to order some Pico Computer 3s from JLC, fully configured.
Can someone please confirm that the files that Peter posted on 4 August 2026 above (Pico_Computer_3_V3.1) are the latest and don't have any known issues?

Cheers,

Andrew
 
Posted: 08:14am
15 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
matherp
Guru

The very latest are v3.3 on https://github.com/UKTailwind/Pico-Computer-3/tree/main. I've just had a couple of these made and they work perfectly
 
Posted: 09:41am
15 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Andrew_G
Guru

Thanks Peter,

Andrew
 
Posted: 09:59am
15 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Andrew_G
Guru

Thanks Peter,

Andrew
 
Posted: 10:51am
15 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
terekgabor
Senior Member

Hello!

If anybody has 1 pc to sell in Europe or plan to order it just contact with me, I am interested to buy 1 for test purposes.

Thanks a lot!

G@bor
 
Posted: 04:06am
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Bryan1
Guru


Well Guy's I have mentioned BT working on the pico3 along side wifi and networking so after lunch the BLE page will be written so a BT keyboard and mouse works  

I have set the bar high saying BT should work from boot and once this done I will release it and update my github.

Anyway here is a short video  I just made showing my lcdbase while listening to a song using the Flip 6  

Regards Bryan
 
Posted: 07:08am
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Andrew_G
Guru

G'day,
Well I have just ordered some units from JCL - as my first purchase who knows what I have actually ordered.

Cheers,

Andrew
 
Posted: 07:17am
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
terekgabor
Senior Member

Hello!

How much did it cost from JCL?
I planned to buy from JCL or from somebody who has on sale in Europe.

G@bor
 
Posted: 07:30am
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Andrew_G
Guru

Hi G@bor,

It was US$235 + US$22 (delivery: DHL to Australia) for 5 units fully populated (as per the BoM - including the headers). I couldn't see any items that were not in stock.

By the way, is there a "manual" - although the PCB has plenty of notes.

Cheers,

Andrew
 
Posted: 07:35am
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Volhout
Guru


  terekgabor said  Hello!

How much did it cost from JCL?
I planned to buy from JCL or from somebody who has on sale in Europe.

G@bor


Maybe you can contact Mani_B on this forum.

new bulk order

Volhout
 
Posted: 07:38am
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Volhout
Guru


  Bryan1 said  Anyway here is a short video  I just made showing my lcdbase while listening to a song using the Flip 6  

Regards Bryan


The video is private. can you make it public ?

Volhout
 
Posted: 07:53am
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Bryan1
Guru


Whoops I didn't finish the youtube upload now try this one.

Anyway first signs of life with a BT mouse and it has been an interesting day, claude said we need jtag debugging so I mentioned the debug on the board so to cut a long story short now got a 2040W as the debug link so catching errors when they happen got it this far today.

Tomorrow the 'pair prompt' for the K250 keyboard will get made then the fun can start trying to get it to boot level so BT mouse/keyboard can be a new feature.

Regards Bryan
 
Posted: 08:11pm
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
toml_12953
Guru

  matherp said  The very latest are v3.3 on https://github.com/UKTailwind/Pico-Computer-3/tree/main. I've just had a couple of these made and they work perfectly


Is the WiFi module included in the BOM and CPL? I can't find it and I'd like JLCPCB to install it for me. I don't mind waiting for Global Sourcing to get one in.

I found it. It's located at U36 but JLCPCB's 3D rendering shows no U36.

Also, the option to only produce two boards seems to be gone. I only get five assembled boards as a minimum.
Edited 2026-09-17 06:36 by toml_12953
 
Posted: 09:54pm
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
matherp
Guru

The render doesn't show it but as long as it is in their parts list they will include it in the build
 
Posted: 09:56pm
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Andrew_G
Guru

Hi all,

1) U36 appears to be on the BOM I sent to JCL yesterday. There was no error during their process.
I just checked and it is not on their rendering.
I'd like to have the module - where can they be obtained? (I'm OK to solder one on).

Edit Added:
U36 appears in the list of components currently in production at $32.53


2) What enclosure is recommended?
I see there are STL files for the ends. Are these still the right ones?
https://www.thebackshed.com/forum/uploads/twofingers/2026-05-06_175959_HDMIUSBV2.0Bstl.zip

End STLs

Cheers,

Andrew
Edited 2026-09-17 08:05 by Andrew_G
 
Posted: 11:46pm
16 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
okwatts
Regular Member

That is what I used to fit the hammond/Multicomp RM2015S case. Works for Pico 2 HDMIUSBI2S and Pico 3.
 
Posted: 01:57am
17 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Andrew_G
Guru

Thanks Larry,

Andrew
 
Posted: 11:35pm
18 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Andrew_G
Guru

Hi all,
I'm easing into the 'Pico Computer 3' and I'm keen to read available documentation.
I'm just checking:
- The schematic is version 1 (I assume that any changes are at the component and track level - as shown in the Version 3 Gerbers, BOM etc)
- Peter's book is still in draft and not released? (I'm keen, but happy to wait)
- The main source of information is currently this thread?

The issue that is currently on my mind is the operation of the W and non-W's on the one board.
I currently have some of BiGMick's creations that have a Pico and PicoW mating (ie one on top of the other),  with communications between them via serial.
The PicoW looks after all the WiFi and web (eg OpenWeather).
The Pico handles all GUI aspects.
Requests and responses are via their respective serial ports.

How does one use the Pico Computer 3 to access the web and display the results - or has Peter put all that in the one 'black box'?

Cheers,

Andrew
 
Posted: 04:38am
19 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
mozzie
Guru

G'day Andrew,
The Pico Computer 3 is in essence a "Super Pico2W" when the wireless module is included in the build, the firmware:

PicoMiteHDMIWEBV6.03.01

allows use of the HDMI output and WEB access from the single RP2350B processor. AFAIK the only limitation is less resolutions available on the HDMI output:

  Quote  (From V060302b11 manual page 12)
HDMIWEB version has reduced HDMI capabilities: its HDMI output is 8-bit colour
and offers a reduced set of resolutions - 640x480 (the default), 720x400, 800x600, 848x480, 800x480 and
1024x600 - selected with OPTION RESOLUTION or, at run time, the RESOLUTION command


This firmware will also run the Pimoroni "Pico 2 Plus W" and some other variants.

Not sure if you can run the board with the normal HDMIUSB firmware once the Wireless module is in place.

Would you be interested in selling a board, I have one without PSRAM or wireless and would like a "full house" version for testing.

Regards, Lyle.
 
Posted: 06:54am
19 Sep 2026
Copy link to clipboard
Andrew_G
Guru

Hi Lyle,
Are you aware of any more documentation (I'd left the manual off my list above)?

Yes I can spare one - two are already committed to others, plus two for me.
Cost price and I'll pick up the overseas postage if you can cover the Aus. cost from Melbourne to you.
PM me and I'll organise once I have the beasties.
OK?

Cheers,

Andrew
Edited 2026-09-19 16:55 by Andrew_G
 
   Page 8 of 9    
The Back Shed's forum code is written, and hosted, in Australia.
© JAQ Software 2026