EV's
  Forum Index : EV's         Section
Subject Topic: Aussie Electric khanacross special Post ReplyPost New Topic
<< Prev Page of 7
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
galderdi

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 16 April 2019 at 12:11pm | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote galderdi

I had a great day at the 2019 Interclub motorkhana on Sunday. The car was fairly good. I am starting to get the hang of driving the car in this latest format. The new hydraulic handbrake in particular takes some practice. I also think it works best once warm. I did have some issues knocking my switches in the heat of battle resulting in a loss of power. So I will make a cover to avoid this in future. I am waiting for the calculation of the final results but I am hopeful of a solid result, possibly my best ever.

I did capture some video but I am trialling a new camera and the results are not worth posting. I will need to do some more testing before the next event.

Back to Top View galderdi's Profile Search for other posts by galderdi

galderdi

Posted: 17 April 2019 at 9:02am | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote galderdi

Well the results are in. I managed 7th from 44 entries. Not quite as good as I was expecting. Still respectable. I also managed 2nd in class, again behind the same competitor. I would have been 6th if I hadn't loaned my car to the 3rd place getter when his car died. The car is heading in the right direction and I have a few ideas for improvements. The next event is the Noosa Hill Climb early June so I won't be facing the same challenges.

dwyer
Guru
Guru

Posted: 17 April 2019 at 11:26am | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote dwyer

hi where is your last motorkhana held ??I had a great day at the 2019 Interclub motorkhana on Sunday and next at Noosa hill climb so where about at noosa need more information cheers
Back to Top View dwyer's Profile Search for other posts by dwyer

galderdi

Posted: 23 April 2019 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote galderdi

That last motorkhana was at the back of the drag strip at Willowbank. The next time there will be June 16.

The Noosa Hill Climb is held twice per year. The up coming winter event is June 8 and 9. There is an entry fee but it is well worth it for the variety and rarity of the cars entered. It is located on Gyndier Dr, Tinbeerwah QLD 4563.

I am also seriously considering entering the Mt Cotton Hill climb on May 11.

Let me know if you need anything else.

galderdi

Posted: 23 April 2019 at 5:26pm | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote galderdi

Here are some images from the event last week:

galderdi

Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote galderdi

dwyer wrote:
hi where is your last motorkhana held ??I had a great day at the 2019 Interclub motorkhana on Sunday and next at Noosa hill climb so where about at noosa need more information cheers

One more correction. I have now decided to have a crack at the Mt Cotton Hill climb tomorrow. Cheer squads are always welcome

galderdi

Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:17am | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote galderdi

I had a great day at the Mt Cotton Hill climb on Saturday. My results were not all that impressive but quite respectable for a first attempt. I did end up in the Macadamia nuts (quite an effective safety barrier) on my second run. This event has made me realise the "understeer" issue I had been trying to resolve is gone and what I am suffering from now is actually a brake bias issue. On the successful runs during the day I was forced to brake very early for the tight corners and enter at rather conservative speeds. On the second run I left the braking too late for the brakes to handle and as a result continued straight ahead into the nuts. There was no damage to the car or driver apart from some dents to the ego. All in all it was a very successful day as I now know what is required to make the car more competitive. Here are a few photos from the day.

galderdi

Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote galderdi

Here are some videos from Saturday:

https://youtu.be/4_37IdY2G5E
https://youtu.be/EH-VH4-v8Lk
https://youtu.be/tg7KLp6S7XU

galderdi

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 4:36pm | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote galderdi

I attended the Noosa Hillclimb over the weekend. Here are a few of my videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH1hjenP-fY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FtAjdIk0wE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGrP3-eylks

galderdi

Posted: 27 June 2019 at 8:58am | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote galderdi

Hillclimbs are super competitive and I'm not competitive at that level yet. I am a little under powered, my handling still isn't quite right and my brakes are unbalanced. I am consistently placing mid field. I am happy but not satisfied. I know I can do better by tweaking my suspension and increasing my brakes. Then I can go into corners with more confidence and I am sure I will pick up a few seconds. Edit: Plus to be outright competitive requires investment in Avon hill climb tyres. I am not serious enough to justify that jump in budget.

My last event was a club level bitumen khanacross. It was wet which amplifies the weaknesses I mentioned. The All wheel drive cars had the advantage. But despite a couple of major penalties resulting from my struggles in the weather I still managed 7th outright (also 1st in class but that is a hollow victory as I was the only one in my class). If it had been dry it would have suited me much more.

My next outing is a static EV display on Aug 10 at the Ipswich Rail Museum.

My next competitive event is another club level bitumen khanacross on Aug 17. I am hoping to have the brake situation solved by then so I have high hopes for a solid result.

Here are a couple of pics from Noosa early June.

Edited by galderdi on 27 June 2019 at 9:20am

Ralph2k6

Posted: 27 June 2019 at 10:32am | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote Ralph2k6

Looking awesome, Keep it up!

galderdi

Posted: 27 June 2019 at 3:57pm | IP Logged Copy link to clipboard   Quote galderdi

Ralph2k6 wrote:
Looking awesome, Keep it up!

Thanks. I appreciate the support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Search the forums using Google.
<< Prev Page of 7

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version