Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:38 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Forum upgrade

Page 6 of 15    
Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:23am 21 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BrianP said  F.Y.I.

Just tried to preview a reply to a post & received this...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 70517480 bytes) in \TheBackShed\forum\includes\common.php on line 341

No drama - the reply was saved & posted OK. This post previewed Ok also.

B

Hey Brian, so that was only when you went to Preview the post?

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

BrianP

Posted: 07:23am 21 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

YES!

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 11:35am 21 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glenn. Something to think about when you are not busy

There have been a few comments made by members on the Status given to them by the Forum, which I assume is based solely on the number of posts we have made.

I for one, are not really comfortable with the "Guru" status I have been assigned.

I wonder, if in our profile, there could be a drop down box or something where we could select a more appropriate Status if we so desired.

I for one, would be happy with "Regular Member".

Just thinking......Not a real issue

Keep up the good work.

Brian
ChopperP

ceptimus

Posted: 09:19am 22 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I almost always spot at least one typo in my posts after posting and then proceed to edit them.  I notice the 'posted' and 'edited' timestamps are hours apart, even though it's really just been a minute or two: I guess one stamp is corrected for time zone, and the other isn't.

I've edited this one deliberately to provide an example.

Edited 2019-08-22 19:21 by ceptimus

BrianP

Posted: 10:43am 22 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said  
  BrianP said  F.Y.I.

Just tried to preview a reply to a post & received this...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 70517480 bytes) in \TheBackShed\forum\includes\common.php on line 341

No drama - the reply was saved & posted OK. This post previewed Ok also.

B

Hey Brian, so that was only when you went to Preview the post?

Glenn

Hi Glenn

This just happened again in identical circumstances - I'd used the quote button to copy all of Davo99's post into the compose window & then edited out the bits not relevant.
Davo99's post has lots of segments of quotes & I think the answer to the problem is mismatched [quote][/quote] structures in the copy/editing process, so my fault.

A couple of things - the reply I previously posted (with the preview error) had saved OK & was listed in the thread. That was 2 days ago - today it's not there. I've just now posted another reply.
Secondly, a trifle confusing - the heading of this post up above the toolbar icons says "New Topic" - isn't this the Forum Upgrade thread??

[edit] I've just noticed the reply I just posted is not showing either!

Regards

Brian P
Edited 2019-08-22 20:46 by BrianP

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 10:58am 22 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm having problems with this thread as well. Can't see the last posts.
Edited 2019-08-22 20:59 by Chopperp
ChopperP

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 06:34am 31 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Some updates.

- Members can now edit their signatures.
- Members can now upload a avatar image or select from some default ones.
- If someone sends you a PM, you will get a email notification if you have that option ticked in your "My Notifications" page.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 08:13am 31 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

Altered signature and Image, neat, nisely done.

I can not post using Explorer. Here i am using fireFox.

I have been trying to update in the For Sale with the 'OzInverter 2nd edition PCB's for USA 60HZ 120vac', with no sucess.

Thanks
Edited 2019-08-31 18:17 by Clockmanfr
Everything is possible, just give me time.

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 01:28am 01 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Posting in IE bug fixed.
Edited 2019-09-01 11:30 by Gizmo
JAQ

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 08:01pm 01 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Gizmo.

Just posted using IE, all working.

Thanks again.
Everything is possible, just give me time.

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

Boppa
Guru

Posted: 05:26am 02 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

One thing I am missing is the old 'back to top of page' button....

Oh and when I click on a link in the topics lists (either in the forum pages or in active pages, clicking on the link takes you to the first post in the thread, rather than the latest posts

It's definitely running better though

BrianP

Posted: 08:02am 02 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I second that
Also, on the very low priority list  - the site label says "The BackShed.com - Homegrown Power"
B

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 08:33pm 02 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Boppa said  One thing I am missing is the old 'back to top of page' button....

Oh and when I click on a link in the topics lists (either in the forum pages or in active pages, clicking on the link takes you to the first post in the thread, rather than the latest posts

It's definitely running better though

If you click the link on the right it will show the most recent post.
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 08:37pm 02 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Someone sent me a PM, but there was nothing in the subject line, so there is no link to open. Nothing to click on.
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 08:32am 06 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey just a heads up guys. If you for whatever reason edit your profile and remove your email address or put in a false one, and remove or change your "Real name", and then later need to reset your password, it wont work! And if I cant match your email address or real name, I have no way to confirm you are who you say you are, and wont issue a new password to a unknown person.

Glenn
Edited 2019-09-08 14:51 by Gizmo
JAQ

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 08:44am 06 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I was recently connected to NBN fibre, but still use my original DSL copper internet connection for this forum. In probably eighteen months or so the DSL here will be disconnected.

My NBN fibre connection gave me a differnt e-mail address, different telephone phone number and internet identity.

So it looks like I will have to start again from scratch here, with a different name and zero posts.
Cheers,  Tony.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:20am 06 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  I was recently connected to NBN fibre, but still use my original DSL copper internet connection for this forum. In probably eighteen months or so the DSL here will be disconnected.

My NBN fibre connection gave me a differnt e-mail address, different telephone phone number and internet identity.

So it looks like I will have to start again from scratch here, with a different name and zero posts.

No, just edit your settings and change your email address to the new one.
JAQ

Boppa
Guru

Posted: 08:57am 07 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It's funny that many forums won't take a gmail or yahoo email and want a 'real' email ie ISP one- funny thing is I have had dozens of ISP ones (and never used one of them) where my old Yahoo one has been my permanent one since 99...

plover

Guru

Posted: 09:22am 12 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If I use the 'bold' icon as follows: ["B]["/B]| I notice that the caret is to the right of the end tag as I have shown using the "vertical bar" (in Red), is it possible to have the caret placed between the tags? As shown here ["B]|["/B] this way I can just paste the content of the clipboard which I would like to bold?

lizby
Guru

Posted: 06:05pm 13 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I see that I can view old "Private Messages", but I can't see how to send a new one. Am I missing something, or has that not been implemented?

(Never mind. I see "New Message" now when I'm looking at messages. I thought I used to be able to click (or right click?) on the name of a poster.)
Edited 2019-09-14 04:10 by lizby
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Page 6 of 15    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024