Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:54 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : H743Zi2 Board

Page 4 of 4    
KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 09:09pm 13 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, Page 2 has the links I'm using. I'll post them here as well.  

480MHz NUCLEO-HZ43Z12 board.

LINK STATUS PIN

JP6  OFF PB13 E-NET
SB27 OFF PG11 " "
SB29 OFF PC5 " "
SB30 OFF PG13 " "
SB31 OFF PA7 " "

SB21 OFF PA11 USB D-
SB22 OFF PA12 USB D+
SB23 OFF PA9 USB vBus
SB24 OFF PA10 USB ID

SB36 OFF PC4

SB52 OFF If VBat is from external backup source.

SB57 OFF PA1 E-NET
SB64 OFF PC1 " "
SB72 OFF PA2 " "

SB76 OFF PG7 general IO and not connected to USB Over current.
SB77 ON  PD10 (DEFAULT) PD10 is reserved for USB power on timing.

SB15 ON  PC9 (99) to CN12 pin 1
SB14 ON  PC8 (98) to CN12 pin 2

There may be another link or two required as I've only focused on "every pin" on the inner rows of CN11 and CN12. Obviously the pins on the outer Rows of CN11 / CN12 that are used for LCD (16 bit), Touch and the SD card are also working correctly.

I also remember seeing something about PIN PF11 is not to be used as an AD input, only as a digital IO.

It appears that there are interactions between some Pins that exclude ADC on other pins depending on links, so what I hinted about PF11 above is likely incorrect

Edited 2019-11-14 07:15 by KeepIS
It's all too hard.
Mike.

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 10:27pm 13 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

FYI for anyone new to the ARM H7.

One thing to keep in mind when programming the ARM H7 via USB CN1 connector using the Embedded STR-LINK / File system (copying the XXX.BIN file to the NODE Drive).

If you are loading new firmware into a H7 board that is part of a working device, with power hungry large LCD's etc, these usually require a power source other then the limited power available via the USB connection to CN1. In this case the H7 Board must be powered up BEFORE the USB connection to CN1 is connected to the PC (+5V).

Failure to do so can cause any BIN file copy to fail. If using ST-CUBE / ST-LINK software, it may fail to connect or become unstable.

Mike.

BTW:

I have a mix of Z1 and Z2 boards:

A simple way to tell what board in being used (if inside a case or not visible) is to connect CN1 USB skt to the PC, the virtual drive Node name has something like:

NOD_H743ZI2 or NODE_H743ZI depending on the board.

Edited 2019-11-14 08:36 by KeepIS
It's all too hard.
Mike.

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 09:41pm 16 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I now detect the Z1 or Z12 boards in my app. I also modified the transfer of a Basic program to device Memory, in this case H712.

Up-loads a 244Kb to the H7 in 10.9 seconds.

Sending the typical small program file is just ridiculously fast, even on an M100+.

BTW: Time to download 244Kb of program memory to the PC is just under 15 seconds.

It's all too hard.
Mike.

lizby
Guru

Posted: 02:44pm 17 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What is the above a screen shot of?
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 10:01pm 17 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello lizby,

This is a program I wrote to consolidate all the programming apps, an Editor, Terminal, loading firmware, quickly uploading code files and downloading them from memory to the PC, having selectable option lists available for my various MMBasic platforms (M100, ARM and others) and being able to upload the complete option list with one click. Lastly, having common setup options like GUI calibrate, test, reset, RUN etc at the touch of a button.

EG: I use Tera Term as the terminal editor, when launched from my app, Tera Term is automatically set to 132 columns wide, the device port (open in my program) is then handed over to Tera Term and Tera Term opens connected to the device and ready to go.

So swapping between Devices with different ports makes no difference to Tera Term, it's always set the current selected device. Com ports and connection speeds are remembered for around 10 devices by my program. Port speed changes are mostly automatic with my program handling the opening, closing reset and changing and reconnection of the selected baud rate.          

A while back I thought I'd share it in case anyone found it useful, however I really think most people have there own way of doing things and are not really interested, but I'll post the link to the current version in any case, it's a ZIP file, just make a directory then copy the ZIP contents into the directory.

Program ZIP

Mike.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

lizby
Guru

Posted: 11:52pm 17 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sweet. Don't know if I'll use it, since I'm not doing that much development now, but it looks like a very good compilation of things most often needed to be done with a micromite.

Thanks for sharing.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 10:08pm 18 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

KeepIS said  Hello lizby,

A while back I thought I'd share it in case anyone found it useful, however I really think most people have there own way of doing things and are not really interested, but I'll post the link to the current version in any case, it's a ZIP file, just make a directory then copy the ZIP contents into the directory.

Program ZIP

Mike.

Heck I am always interested in new/different approaches. I just didn't want to be a PITA by asking what this was about.

Many thanks, Mike

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 01:30am 19 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Really, there is no such thing as a PITA when it comes to things like this, only people who are rude, nasty or mean are a PITA.

BTW The help in that program is just thrown together as I go along (not even spell checked) I have a hidden key that allows me to edit and add to help pages on the fly.

The program started out as something I needed for myself and sort of grew as I realised how useful it was and how quickly I could experiment / switch between the M100, ARM, UBW32 etc. So apology to anyone who tries it and has trouble getting started with it, can always PM me.

Mike.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 01:49pm 20 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What am I missing here?

The list of jumpers and solder bridges listed by KeepIS jibe with my Nucleo board but the manual has the following:

"It is recommended that the following links on the Nucleo are removed:
JP4, SB13, SB160, JP6, SB127, SB125, SB164, SB178, SB181, JP7, SB183, SB182"

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 01:49am 22 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Tinine, I've been away with health issues and only just got back to the forum about an hour ago, so I'm not quite with it at the moment    However, from memory, the Links I showed are in addition to the links suggested in the Manual for the H7-v2.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 08:14am 22 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

KeepIS said  Hi Tinine, I've been away with health issues and only just got back to the forum about an hour ago, so I'm not quite with it at the moment    However, from memory, the Links I showed are in addition to the links suggested in the Manual for the H7-v2.

Hey Mike, sorry to hear about the health issue; you alluded to this back in 2019 and so I suspected that this was the reason for your MIA. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you doing more with the H7  

The thing is; the solder bridges and at least one of the jumpers (listed in the manual), simply don't exist on my board.

How is your machine holding-up, BTW?

I have decided to utilize the H7 for my "master" controller.
I drive large-ish closed-loop servo-motors and for these, I have dedicated MX170s for every 4 axes. I am currently working on a 6-axis CNC tube bending machine which will be the first of many.

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 10:58pm 22 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks, it's been a long road back and still not there.

I can't get to my H7 board but I'm wondering if you have a newer REV board? which could explain a few missing links, I know some are hard to find with a couple obviously on the top of the board.

The automated router machine has been faultless, the H7 has never missed a beat in that installation.

I'm afraid I won't be doing any big projects, I need to get out and do some trips away while I still can enjoy travelling. Hope to still keep my hand in it with some small projects though.

Mike.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Page 4 of 4    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024