Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:56 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 USB/ISCP chip Firmware

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 01:43am 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just looking at making a mother board and I notice the Circuit for the CMM2 shows the USB/Serial convertor using Pin 10 to PGD and Pin 9 to PGC which is different to the Microbridge, which uses Pin 2 and 3.

I assume the Firmware for the PIC16F1455-I/P / MCP2221A-I/P been changed for use in the CMM2 with these pins and to allow for MCLRE and Auto Mode using pin Pin 4?  

Mike.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

BobDevries

Posted: 02:16am 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Is there any chance that you would make more than one CMM2 motherboard?

I should be able to source the other parts, I think, although I'm far from any *good* source.

Regards,
Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 02:20am 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The microbridge uses pin 2 and 3 for programming micromites.
In the CMM2 we don't use that facility. The ICSP header was there as a way of programming the microbridge incircuit.

I found it easier to program the microbridge before installing so the ICSP header is not required.

There is also a Microchip IC that is already programmed as a USB-TTL device and it is pin compatible with the microbridge. Most of the pre-assembled units will use that IC.

Unless you are planning on a surface mount microbridge, I would forget about the ICSP header.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 03:50am 29 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Jim, yes looking at the circuit again that should have rang a bell.

Is there any chance that you would make more than one CMM2 motherboard?
I should be able to source the other parts, I think, although I'm far from any *good* source.

Hi Bob,

I'm just going to knock something up using proto board, most of the parts are available at my local Jaycar, RS components are extremely fast at delivery if other parts are needed. As I was typing this, the Waveshare board arrived at the door, 7 days from China for $5.50 postage I expected it to be a few weeks at this time.

Pix from another forum member.
Proto MB
Edited 2020-05-29 14:32 by KeepIS
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024