Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:13 16 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MMEdit "Workflow"

elk1984

Posted: 07:36pm 22 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm possibly overthinking this, but how are people using MMEdit for their coding?

I've managed to connect, set the clock etc.  But I'm having no luck with the file manager or "Load and Run".

Is there some config etc. that I'm missing?

elk1984

Posted: 08:31pm 22 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

elk1984 said  I'm possibly overthinking this, but how are people using MMEdit for their coding?

Ignore me, I hadn't set the dialect etc. correctly....

Thanks for this thread
Edited 2020-10-23 06:31 by elk1984

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:01pm 22 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

MMedit has been around for 9 years.

It has had to cater for maximite, duinomite, micromite, micromite2, micromite plus, micromite extreme, armite L4, armote F4, armite H7, picromite, and now Colour Maximite 2.

There are many different requirements and it is difficult catering for all versions without requiring the user to do some of the work.

I am continually experimenting with different methods for doing the various tasks and often catch myself out so don't feel too bad.

I am sure it would help if I updated the help file and that is something that will be in the next release.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 09:23pm 22 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Jim

While on MMEdit, is there an option to make the Find/Replace function circular?
I.E. Keep going back through the program after the initial search rather than coming up with "Not Found".  

I do use the red back arrow (Return from user sub) to get back to the initial search which you put in for me a number of years ago, but sometimes this doesn't work.

Just asking.

Thanks for the time & effort put into this program.

Brian
ChopperP

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 10:40pm 22 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Chopperp said  @Jim

While on MMEdit, is there an option to make the Find/Replace function circular?

Brian

Will do.
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 11:42pm 22 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks
ChopperP

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 10:20am 23 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Big fan of MMEdit here and yes, the circular Find would be very nice.

Another thing that I find with the find/replace box is that; if it is visible and I switch to another app, not only does the box stay on top but if I close it with X, it takes down the focused app behind it. Only a minor irritation and might be a XP thing(?)

The red arrows that take me to the sub/function and back again, work flawlessly for me.

I am currently working with the E-100 which is externally powered. If I cycle the E-100 power, my Panasonic Toughbook, running XP, MMEdit no longer sees the USB connection until I unplug and re-connect the USB cable. I need to see if this is the case with my W10 system.

elk1984

Posted: 06:57pm 23 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Tinine said  Big fan of MMEdit here and yes, the circular Find would be very nice.

Another thing that I find with the find/replace box is that; if it is visible and I switch to another app, not only does the box stay on top but if I close it with X, it takes down the focused app behind it. Only a minor irritation and might be a XP thing(?)

The red arrows that take me to the sub/function and back again, work flawlessly for me.

I am currently working with the E-100 which is externally powered. If I cycle the E-100 power, my Panasonic Toughbook, running XP, MMEdit no longer sees the USB connection until I unplug and re-connect the USB cable. I need to see if this is the case with my W10 system.

At the risk of turning into wish list, could the file browser windows resize when the window is resized too?

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:18pm 23 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Tinine said  B

That is a Windows thing. Removing USB ports while they are in use by an application prevents them from re-initializing when they are reinserted.

W10 has recently improved that and TeraTerm is better at recovering than MMEdit.

If your E100 uses a separate serial chip and it kept powered, the problem is not there.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:19pm 23 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

elk1984 said  
At the risk of turning into wish list, could the file browser windows resize when the window is resized too?

Not in the next update.
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024