Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:01 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Napoleon Commander for CMM2

Page 5 of 5    
jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 04:56pm 07 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,
v1.40 just released with some small bugfixes and changes/improvements:

ALT F4 is now used for proportional text viewer. It's slow but for reading of some longer text can be more pleasant. Used is PropText.INC, is now part of release

ASCII text viewer (F3) no more precalculates total number of pages (speedup), so total number is known first when going to the last page  

Enjoy!
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 10:50am 08 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,

Haven't tried it yet, but can you invoke this through * commands on CMM2 ? Like *NC
Have used the original NC a lot in the past, especially since it seemed a swiss army knife of that time. With HEX viewer (editor?), picture viewer, and easy moving and copying of files.

Does your NC implementation support memory outside the SD card ? Through XMODEM or so ?

After some time spend on pico, I want to get back to my CMM2, since (as late adopter) I haven't seen much of it yet. Time to catch up....
I also have to get into the gutenberg reader.

Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 11:55am 08 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Volhout,
if you have it in search path, then yes, you can start it per *nc.

I'm using my frequently used programs this way:
I have directory LINKS (for example A:/LINKS/), where I'm putting all "links" as short BASIC programs (NC.BAS, SE.BAS etc.). In every file is just command to run it from proper location (so in SE.BAS is just one lineRUN "A:/SimplEd/SimplEd.BAS"). Then I'm set OPTION SEARCH PATH "A:/LINKS/" and I can use *nc, *se...

NC is using python script running on Mac/Linux/Win side to communicate with ESP8266 inside CMM2, so you can then use in one pane SD card (A:/) and in the second server (S:/), you can do most file operations on both places (but viewers are limited to SD card). It's in this time limited to my FW for ESP8266, mainly because of speed (and because I'm not in the need use CMM2 for internet access - I'm not seeing to much sense in it - and some basic networking, getting NTP time etc. is also supported).

If you need some help, just let me know (there is also some shortcuts screen and guide under F1, but really just basic on). Ideas for improvement are also welcomed...
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

Page 5 of 5    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024