Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:23 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Colour Maximite 1 & 2 BASIC Programming Challenge 2021

Page 8 of 8    
Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 05:18pm 20 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mauro:
Programming, believe it or not, comes second to getting well again. :)
Glad you're recovering - take it easy and don't try to rush your recovery. These things take their own time, I'm afraid. :(
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

johngill

Posted: 08:23am 21 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@mauro

So sorry to hear you have been suffering with the dreaded covid - and twice too - that is really tough.

Glad that you are pulling through - keep looking after yourself, hope you are back at 100% very soon.

PeteCotton

Guru

Posted: 07:52pm 21 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry I haven't been around much, but I have been following from the sidelines. Congratulations to all winners

MauroXavier said  I got COVID for the second time, but I think this time it was some stronger variant and left me in bed for more than 15 days with about 20% of the lung compromised.

Just to add my well wishes to all of the others here. I hope you recover fast and fully. Take care of yourself.

bigmik said  
As to my sponsorship, I feel a bit bad that all I offered was PCBs (as that is what I have) what are people's thought here? I realise that many are not hardware inclined and even $100 of PCBs are useless if you cant solder.
I may consider cash prizes (paid via paypal) but as I am retired now and on a pension this might be harder for me than PCBs are.

I am more than happy though to contribute to the community in some way be it cash or boards.

I think it was very generous of you to offer the boards. Thank you for that. I'm not sure that cash is a better alternative. I wasn't able to enter this competition - but if I could have - I would have, regardless of the prize.

If you spend 20 hours working on a competition entry - then even a first prize of $100 only works out at $5 an hour. Personally I enter these competitions for the fun of it - the same way that I'll do a jigsaw or crossword puzzle without any cash incentive.

I realise that I don't speak for anyone here apart from myself - and maybe others have a different viewpoint. But looking at both this competition and the 3D rotation competition, one of the things that leaps out at me is the camaraderie between the participants. People are eager to share their ideas and progress, and always get positive reactions and feeback. This strongly implies that "winning" is less important to them than being part of the process. Which in turn suggests that the prize is just the cherry on the cake - and not the driving force.

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 11:43pm 21 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Petecotton, Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

thwill

Guru

Posted: 11:04am 22 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Turbo46 said  @Petecotton, Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Bill

+2 from me.
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 12:13am 25 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

2 prizes have already been claimed... only one more to go..

Not dobbing  you in Vegipete but the offer expires in 2034..

Mik
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

thwill

Guru

Posted: 01:50pm 25 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Jiri, hope you don't mind but I grabbed screenshots from CMM2.fun to update https://github.com/thwill1000/cmm2-basic-challenge - If we do this again next year then someone remind me to ask all entrants to provide their own screenshots ;-)

On video news I've completed the final edit and a professional (@TweakerRay) is now having a look at the audio quality which is a bit ropey in places - hopefully post something on YouTube this evening or tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Tom
Edited 2021-04-26 01:53 by thwill

thwill

Guru

Posted: 12:28pm 26 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

And that's a wrap:

https://youtu.be/09I0LDv7SiM

My thanks to @TweakerRay for the music and sound engineering, to @vegipete for the intro animation (even if this is the first he's heard of his contribution) and to Mick and Bill for reviewing an early edit.

Best wishes,

Tom

lizby
Guru

Posted: 01:09pm 26 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Great job, Tom. Thanks for putting this video together. Amazing work, all in all. And thanks to TweakerRay for the sound. There's a lot of inspiration in the code submitted.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 02:01pm 26 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Tom,
nice made video!
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

thwill

Guru

Posted: 02:40pm 26 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I hate to be a shill for my own work but in theory if you Like the video, Share it, or even Subscribe to my channel (laughs) then you increase the chances that other people will find it and join the Colour Maximite community, which is presumably in all our interests.
Edited 2021-04-27 00:53 by thwill

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 07:21pm 26 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Wow!

Entrancing.

John

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 09:09pm 26 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Tom,
I added link pointing direct to the right time in the video to all the programs in the challenge on CMM2.fun ...
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

MauroXavier
Guru

Posted: 02:21pm 14 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Now, finally, I uploaded a little video talking about the Hope Robot game.
And obviously, with a link to the thwill's video too  

MauroXavier
Guru

Posted: 10:57am 24 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

In this video , I show the indenting process of the Hope Robot source code and briefly show some tricks used on the video pages to make the game.

Page 8 of 8    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024