Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:45 06 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Colour Maximite 1 & 2 BASIC Programming Challenge 2021

Page 7 of 8    
Frank_Drebin

Posted: 05:08pm 17 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Will those entries make it to the CMM2.fun repository?

I noticed that lunar lander was not in there as well... It's a shame that all those gems don't get centralized in this repository, because finding them again in the forum is like looking in a haystack.

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 05:33am 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

It was an absolute privilege to be a part of this challenge.

One prize has already been claimed and sent off.

If there is enough interest in say 12 months time I will look at sponsoring (or part sponsoring) it again next year.

I would like to see what can be achieved without the one screen ONLY of code restriction. I feel that was very restrictive and had an adverse affect on the clarity of code which sort of defeated the purpose of show casing what the CMM2 (and CMM1) is capable of.

We can all think about what we would like to see in the rules Re. code restrictions.

As to my sponsorship, I feel a bit bad that all I offered was PCBs (as that is what I have) what are people's thought here? I realise that many are not hardware inclined and even $100 of PCBs are useless if you cant solder.
I may consider cash prizes (paid via paypal) but as I am retired now and on a pension this might be harder for me than PCBs are.

I am more than happy though to contribute to the community in some way be it cash or boards.

Well done everybody.

Kindest of Regards,

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

thwill

Guru

Posted: 07:02am 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I guess it won't break the bank so if any of the winners really can't make use of the PCBs and want cash instead then contact me and Mick. I will PayPal them the cash and take Mick's PCBs instead.

Best wishes,

Tom
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 07:59am 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  I guess it won't break the bank so if any of the winners really can't make use of the PCBs and want cash instead then contact me and Mick. I will PayPal them the cash and take Mick's PCBs instead.

Best wishes,

Tom

I am more than happy for anyone to `on-sell' their PCB prizes to other users.

Even to a fellow judge.

Mick

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 08:50am 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mick, Tom, Nimue,

Thanks for taking the initiative of this challenge. I sure hope next year there will be another one. I will definitely join, whatever the new rules may be. Until then, I will prepare to have a cmm2, and learn how to use all these new features Peter added to MMbasic.

Thank you,

Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

thwill

Guru

Posted: 10:14am 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Frank_Drebin said  Will those entries make it to the CMM2.fun repository?

Hi Frank,

Note that CMM2.fun is not a repository, it is just an index of links to files either attached to TBS, Git repositories or equivalent. The Challenge entries can all be found here https://github.com/thwill1000/cmm2-basic-challenge and as one of my final acts for the Challenge I will send Jiri links and screenshots for CMM2.fun - unless someone beats me to it; see below.

Frank_Drebin said  I noticed that lunar lander was not in there as well...

It's included in "The Welcome Tape" which is linked. Ideally someone would provide links for the individual Welcome Tape entries, but I made a mistake when constructing the Welcome Tape and its contents are not independently runnable; they all require a shared .inc file.

Frank_Drebin said  It's a shame that all those gems don't get centralized in this repository, because finding them again in the forum is like looking in a haystack.

I agree and urge all creators to add to CMM2.fun (or Fruit of the Shed). Good citizens could also add other shedders past works - start with @vegipetes "Rocks in Space". It is in my opinion not a sustainable community model to rely on Jiri or some other individual archivist to do all the work.

Best wishes,

Tom
Edited 2021-04-18 20:15 by thwill

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 11:05am 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,
I have added all 8 entries to the CMM2.fun. Where was something to use as screenshot I used it, other need to wait until somebody do it...

And as Tom already said (has written):
It will be nice, if anybody adds at least own work, when he/she does the same also with somebody others work, even better.  
Here can be added the program/HW/doc...

Biggest issue are the screenshots, I can add it also later, but I'm not able to go through all existing entries and add it myself. You can also add new item with same name as existing one with screenshot and I will combine it - it's still big help.

And thanks to Tom for work he already done in this area.  
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 02:12pm 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Added screenshots for all entries...
Jiri

realbobele

Posted: 02:20pm 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello everyone.

Thanks again from my side for all of you who made the fun happen and congratulations to the winners. It was joy to see what you did achieve.

If there is a fairy granting wishes reading here and her name by coincident is Mauro... Is there a commented version of your code that would make it noobs like me possible to understand the wonders you unleashed on us? I tried to understand your code but... no, I cant. Would it be too impudent to ask if you may comment it and make it available to us to learn from it?

Thanks again and I am looking forward to next years competition.

thwill

Guru

Posted: 09:29pm 18 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  Added screenshots for all entries...

Nice work Jiri.

Tom

MauroXavier
Guru

Posted: 04:16pm 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello everyone!

First of all, I am grateful for the opportunity to have participated in this contest. In fact, I entered the contest to add more enthusiasm to our community, I really didn't expect that I would have been among one of the winners.

I will create a version of the Hope Robot with a legible source code, keeping the same game sent to the contest, and I will make a new version with all the enhancements that were impossible to include in the contest, but without losing the main focus of the game.

I'm sorry for the delay in the response, but unfortunately, I got COVID for the second time, but I think this time it was some stronger variant and left me in bed for more than 15 days with about 20% of the lung compromised.

Honestly, at times I thought I would not be able to heal myself, and I even suggested transferring the administration of my GitHub account to release some codes that are not yet public, if I did not return for a while.

Now I am in the recovery phase living with the well-known sequels. I intend to start programming again soon because I had two games in a mature state of development, and one of them almost ready to be launched (which will replace Gauntlet).

Anyway, now everything is fine and soon my life will go on normally, thank God.

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 06:19pm 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Very glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery!
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

matherp
Guru

Posted: 06:57pm 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  Very glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery!

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 07:00pm 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mauro,
it's good you are back! I used also recovery for programming and it was a little bit quieter time than usual...
Jiri

thwill

Guru

Posted: 07:31pm 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That sounds truly dreadful Mauro. I'm very pleased to hear that you are on your way to recovery.

Best wishes,

Tom

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 02:55am 20 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mauro,

I am so sorry to hear that you have been unwell and with Covid as well.
Take care mate, and do what you need to do to get better.

Kind regards,

Mick

realbobele

Posted: 05:28am 20 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, Mauro.

Fingers crossed for you to completely recover from this little bastard that Covid is. I send you my best wishes.

Boris

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 05:34am 20 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Best wishes Mauro, I hope you recover completely. Programs can wait.

Cheers
Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

Frank N. Furter
Guru

Posted: 06:57am 20 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Mauro:

Get well soon and all the best!!!

:)Frank

Paul_L
Guru

Posted: 12:27pm 20 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Mauro:

Getting COVID a second time could indicate that either the virus mutated or that your immune system did not have enough time to manufacture enough phagocytes keyed to the virus after the first recovery.

Take as much time as you need to recover. Avoid contact with people. COVID seems to be transmitted mostly by aspirated droplets in your exhalations. These droplets settle to the ground relatively quickly after being exhaled. If you stay 4 meters away from people and wear a mask when anyone is around you should be safe.

The virus can be destroyed very easily by 30 seconds of contact with any solvent or emulsifier which will destroy he resin shell which holds the virus together so alcohol or just hot soapy water should destroy it on surfaces.

Wash your hands and face frequently with soap and water. Soak your masks in hot soapy water and let them air dry.

Become a hermit! I have so far avoided it by staying home most of the time, but I am a long retired octogenarian and I don't have any reason to go out. I even have most of my food and supplies delivered.

Paul in NY

Page 7 of 8    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024