Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:14 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Armmite F4 Hat PCB: expansion port, keyboard, ESP-01, Audio, SPI TFT

lizby
Guru

Posted: 06:58pm 11 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This PCB provides a a 2x20 expansion port like that on the CMM2. Pin functions are similar to the CMM2 (though the F4 doesn't have as many analog pins available).

Here it is with an SSD1963 plugged in:

With this, the F4 can have the recently posted 2x20 breakout PCB plugged in, as well as other 2x20 PCBs and flying wired modules.

Keyboard and ESP-01 (on Com3) are also supported, as is Com4.

An ILI9341 TFT LCD is supported. Backlight adjustment is not supported--use of a backlight resistor 18-Ohm to 47-Ohm is available. (Of course, 16-bit 32-pin LCDs can also be used, as can 34-pin IPS_4_16 (with adaptor) and SSD1963 (with one or 2 adaptors)).

Stereo audio is supported with the use of this amplifier module (among others).

Zipped GERBER files are attached. These can be sent directly to JLCPCB.

EagleCad files are also attached.

F4_04_pc_2021-04-11.zip

F4_04_PC_V2.zip

I'm afraid the EagleCad files are a mess. The schematic file is because I didn't have an F4 footprint, so I made do with 4 24-pin SIL connectors (I've never made an EagleCad component, but would probably have saved time in the long run and made a better job of it if I had). With the .brd file, I at some point made a group move which shifted things off of the tenth-inch grid, so a lot of the traces are funky.

I've made a number of changes since the first version which I tested, so there could still be some glitches.
Edited 2021-04-12 05:00 by lizby
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024