Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:17 30 Sep 2022 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : PicoMite(VGA) V5.07.05 draft manuals - please review

Page 2 of 2    
Bleep

Posted: 09:58am 21 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have noticed a minor problem.
The TILE command, says that the first 2 parameters are the X Y position in pixels where the tile will start from. "'x' and 'y' are the coordinates of the block in pixels."
This does not appear to be the case, it is actually the start Tile position in number of Tiles, I'm unsure if it is the manual that is wrong or the code? because pixels, would allow much finer control, but I can understand why it would be Tiles.
Regards, Kevin.

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 10:40am 21 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You are correct. The manual is incorrect to refer to x and y as being in pixels, they are tile co-ordinates.
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:07pm 21 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GUI CALIBRATE doesn't mention that you can save your calibration values (from OPTION LIST) and use them to avoid having to re-calibrate next time.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Lightrock

Posted: 11:57am 24 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The last two pins specified in the SETPIN a, b, c, SPI command in both examples in Appendix D SPI Communications of the Draft 1 User Manual MMBasic Ver 5.07.05 are incorrect. GP20 is a SPI Rx pin but GP4 is also another Rx pin instead of a SPI Tx pin and GP1 is not available for SPI.

Suitable pins are on the previous page e.g. SETPIN GP20, GP3, GP2, SPI could be used.

Roy

matherp
Guru

Posted: 03:41pm 25 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks - have reported to Geoff

Also missing from the VGA manual

OPTION DEFAULT MODE n (NB permanent option)
N can be 1 or 2. This sets the default display mode on boot. Setting the mode to 1 will give a 640x480 monochrome display and the default font will be set to 1 (12x8). Setting n to 2 will give a 320x240 colour display and the default font will be set to 7 (8x6)

OPTION LCDPANEL CONSOLE [ fnt] [, foreground] [, background] (NB permanent option)
Turns on console output to the VGA screen and optionally set the default font and the foreground and background colours

OPTION LCDPANEL NOCONSOLE (NB tick in manual should be in square brackets)
If used in a program this is a temporary option (useful for debugging with a USB/serial console) and disables PRINT output to the VGA display. Graphics commands will continue to work.
If used at the command prompt this option is permanent, both print output and console output will be disabled and only graphics commands will output to the VGA screen

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 11:06pm 25 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A minor point, the manual has no bookmarks for easy navigation.

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

aargee

Posted: 12:49am 27 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Also, it would be good to have a change indicator to show changes from the last revision.
Maybe a bar or highlight on text/titles that have changed?
For crying out loud, all I wanted to do was flash this blasted LED.

ville56

Posted: 08:28am 30 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

just cosmetics ... Appendix B, I2C Examples page 139 reads

First the master:
SETPIN GP2, GP3, i

should read

First the master:
SETPIN GP2, GP3, i2c2

not an issue except for lazy guys like me, copy-and-paste addicted

Regards,
Gerald

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2022