Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:58 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Any business producing/using 'mites MMBasic etc in Australia ?

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 09:28am 22 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Are there currently any businesses in Australia using the micromites/picomites/MMBasic etc ? I think Big Mik produced some but has wound down, Silicon Chip are selling publication-based kits to hobbyists, anything else ?

mikeb

Posted: 09:39am 22 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Zeitfest,

Although not in Australia try Grogster from New Zealand.
I have purchased gear off him and found him to be highly reliable, reasonably priced, and the postage is pretty quick. As quick as 'standard' postage within Australia.

Regards,
Mike B.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 10:06am 22 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Zeitfest,

Whilst not really into sales anymore I do still have my PicoMuP pcb available.

There is no manual but you can see where I squeezed it into a really tiny box to make a super small VGA Pico.

The board also works with the non-vga version.

Link HERE

And

This link

I am currently on holidays but if you pm me your address I am happy to send you a couple to play with. I also have some rudimentary build information but that is all at home.

Regards,

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 12:48am 24 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

[ Thanks for the replies ]

It is bit surreal - after  several years, many articles, etc, what should have been a "vertical industry",  is basically flatlined.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 02:40am 24 Mar 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Without the chips, none of us who were selling kits etc, can sell them anymore.  
And there is no concrete date upon which they will be available again, so you can't really plan, sell or develop anything new, cos the chips might not be available.

That is mainly why I have already ported most of my stuff over to the PicoMite, as the RP2040 chip is plentiful, cheap and does the same job - for low-demand embedded stuff.

I can still make a few E28 modules(still have some SOIC 170 chips), but E64's and E100's are in limbo, along with the CMM2 computer, cos the chips are not available.

I will be resuming sales of those, once the chips are available again, but as no-one really knows when that will be, other then a few dribbling in from time to time, which are then gobbled up so quick they are out of stock again....

The 170's were due to be available again by about July this year, but that date has now been pushed out to January 2024 - they keep moving the date.  You can't plan anything to that kind of random availability.

The 64-pin MM+ chips are not available till February 2024, the 100-pin MM+ chips are supposed to be available in May of this year.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024