Home
JAQForum Ver 24.01
Active Topics
Local Time 15:23 27 Jul 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Anyone want an MMX update?

Page 2 of 2    
Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 07:20am 15 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@ Peter - can you please post a BOM for the 64-pin version of the MMX, as shown at the top of your thread here.

I have the updated gerber set, not the one from post #1(that had errors).

The schematic posted on that thread, does not state the values of any of the caps or what Q1 is.  Some parts ARE labeled with what they are, but other parts just have the silkscreen reference and nothing else.

The full part number for the MZ processor chip would also help.

I've never built an MMX board before, so I kinda need those details.

If you happen to have a more up to date ZIP file with all that in it, please can you upload it here, or if any other member knows what I am after, please also feel free to post a reply.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

matherp
Guru

Posted: 08:06am 15 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Away from home at the moment and support for DesignSpark 10 has ended and I can't get the registration for the new version to work so can't even open the originals.

Suggest you try a mail to Phil to see if he has anything. Otherwise I can see what I can do when I get home

Details of the processors are in the manual, page 7

Micromite eXtreme Manual.pdf

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 08:57am 15 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I find it difficult to judge package sizes so I'll have to leave that I'll guess that the LEDs are 1206 so the small caps are possibly 0603.

The small caps are almost certainly all 100nF SMD ceramic.

C2 and C25 appear to be marked 107 and are polarized, so I think they are 100uF 10V SMD tantalum electrolytic.

C1 looks like it's probably an ordinary through-hole 100nF multilayer ceramic.

Just my best guesses.
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

TasOak

Posted: 11:53am 15 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am a relative newbie with MM programming, or any programming, really, but have some years experience on the soldering iron, but back in about 2012 I built a couple of lqfp64 breakout boards with MX795F512H as per SC article but due to a bad accident at the time, they were shelved after only their initial programming and “hello world” led flashes.
I have only recently found them again (with spare chippie and breakouts) and reprogrammed them with the latest firmware. Would re-purposing them on MMX board/s be a better use for them, or at least the unused one, or is there some reason they might be incompatible?

Cheers

Glen

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lqfp64+breakout&t=ipad&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sector67.org%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F11%2FLQFP_64.jpg

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:54am 16 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  Away from home at the moment and support for DesignSpark 10 has ended and I can't get the registration for the new version to work so can't even open the originals.

Wow.
That sucks.  

I will see if I can touch base with Phil, but he seems to have fallen off the planet.  
I'll flick him an email anyway and see if he responds.
Thanks for the manual.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

panky

Guru

Posted: 03:20am 16 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have put together a comprehensive User Manual for the Micromite eXtreme (with Peters OK).
It can be downloaded from here

I am sure there a many errors/omissions that I have missed - I would appreciate any feedback.
Enjoy,

Doug.
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

panky

Guru

Posted: 03:38am 16 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  @ Peter - can you please post a BOM for the 64-pin version of the MMX, as shown at the top of your thread here.

I have the updated gerber set, not the one from post #1(that had errors).

G,

This might be what you need.

PM-MMX64.pdf

Doug.
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

panky

Guru

Posted: 03:45am 16 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TasOak said  I am a relative newbie with MM programming, or any programming, really, but have some years experience on the soldering iron, but back in about 2012 I built a couple of lqfp64 breakout boards with MX795F512H as per SC article but due to a bad accident at the time, they were shelved after only their initial programming and “hello world” led flashes.
I have only recently found them again (with spare chippie and breakouts) and reprogrammed them with the latest firmware. Would re-purposing them on MMX board/s be a better use for them, or at least the unused one, or is there some reason they might be incompatible?

Cheers

Glen

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lqfp64+breakout&t=ipad&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sector67.org%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F11%2FLQFP_64.jpg

Glen,
The MMX or Micromite eXtreme uses the PIC32MZ2048 series of chips - see the User Manual referred to in posts above.

The PIC32MX795 chips were the basis of the original Maximite and Colour Maximites
and are wholly incompatible with the MMX (Micromite eXtreme).

Doug.

TasOak

Posted: 06:37am 16 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

]
Glen,
The MMX or Micromite eXtreme uses the PIC32MZ2048 series of chips - see the User Manual referred to in posts above.

The PIC32MX795 chips were the basis of the original Maximite and Colour Maximites
and are wholly incompatible with the MMX (Micromite eXtreme).

Doug.

Thanks Doug,

That answers a number of questions on compatibilities, steep learning curve😳👌but at least I have plenty of hardware to learn with😁

Cheers,

Glen

goc30

Guru

Posted: 03:20pm 30 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good morning
I have a problem with the version "Micromite X production100 V5_07_00b3" (and with the 2 previous versions)
if I load a program file (eg: "guidemo.bas")
I have a program error. If I run the "new" command, then "list" I find my entire program.
likewise if I add a "font 8", it is not recognized.
I think the problem comes from poor memory initialization, as if the program (or data) was loaded twice.

goc30

Guru

Posted: 03:58pm 30 Sep 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

1000 excuses
I hadn't seen the new version (v5_07_00b04).
It corrects the various problems encountered

Thanks peter

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024