Home
JAQForum Ver 24.01
Active Topics
Local Time 20:27 27 Jul 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Very weird LCD problem...

Page 4 of 4    
circuit

Posted: 09:19pm 08 May 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Every element of this thread has been instructive, every suggestion informative.  We all make schoolboy mistakes - goodness I have quite a history of them!  I must say that your level of persistent determination is quite astounding; I would have binned the thing with some unprintable dialogue much earlier in the process.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 12:08am 09 May 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Volhout said  Grogster,

You can always say that the box with 1703 regulators also fell on the floor, at the same time the 10-100-1k resistors fell...

Volhout

LOL!!!      
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 12:12am 09 May 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@ circuit: Thank you for your kind words.    I did just about bin the damn thing, and you're quite correct - it WOULD have been alongside some....colourful language.  

At one point in the thread, it was suggested that I build another board, which I WAS about to do, had my error not been found.  In that case, the 2nd board probably would have worked fine, as for that assembly, I most likely would have used the correct regulator, and would then have decided conclusively, that the fault was something obscure on the 1st board - when in reality, it was not.

I do love a good electronic mystery, but it's a little embarrassing when you find that the fault.....was YOU(meaning me)!  
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Page 4 of 4    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024