Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:50 06 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Explore-28 - New MM2 module....

Page 3 of 3    
lizby
Guru

Posted: 08:47am 12 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Don't know if this is the place to post, but my two Explore-28 boards arrived in Florida yesterday. I soldered on the headers and both are alive.

One is now on a breadboard reading a DS3132 RTC over I2C, and 3 DS18B20 temperature sensors with onewire commands (getting around the TEMPR START issue of only being able to start the read of one DS18B20 at a time).

Thanks to Grogster and robert.rozee and all who assisted in the design, testing, and production of this sweet piece of gear.

PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:39pm 12 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glad they made it safely.
:)

Enjoy.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

klsmurf

Posted: 03:09am 31 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all, Grogster

First post and a complete noob here. I received my E28 board from Grogster yesterday, and wanted to try it out before soldering in the pins. Windoze7 did it's thing and I have a usb composite device and an uknown device. Tried to update driver in device manager, but no go. Could someone point me to what I need to get up and running.

That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll be back. I'm trying to teach myself something completely new. Well almost. I've been lurking for several months absorbing and did have a "computer science" class back in the 1970's (basic was covered), but as they say, I've slept since then.

much appreciated, Kevin

matherp
Guru

Posted: 03:40am 31 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

try this driver

klsmurf

Posted: 04:18am 31 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Success!!

Thank you sir for your quick response. Time for an old dog to learn some new tricks. Edited by klsmurf 2017-04-01

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 04:12pm 31 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Great. Thanks, matherp, for pointing him in the right direction.

I have updated my website to include a description of the driver needed for XP, Win7 or Win8, and have this driver available for download from the site via a link from the E28 part of the page.

Win10 users don't need a driver. Win10 should be able to ID the 1455 USB chip without the need for any driver files.

Apologies to anyone reading this, who has been tripped up by the need for the driver files for anything less then Windoze 10....
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

robert.rozee
Guru

Posted: 04:30pm 31 Mar 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

i'd be really interested in hearing feedback from anyone who has bought an Explore-28 board: good points, bad points, suggested improvements, and what sorts of things you've used the board for.

of particular interest is any comments from OsX and linux users - what works well and what works not so well when talking to the board. i've tried it under linux mint 18 using minicom and it works well.

cheers,
rob :-)Edited by robert.rozee 2017-04-02

lizby
Guru

Posted: 05:00am 01 Apr 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

My two Explore-28 boards are not in real projects yet. They are test beds for trying out I2C RTC & EEPROM, I2C MCP23008 I/O expanders, ESP-01 wifi modules, Nextion OLED, and SPI micro SD reader (still not working with new SD modules--lists directory but when trying to open a file says "No File System").

I'm using them with Windows 7 laptops, and appreciate the easy connection with USB. I like the breadboard friendliness. To mitigate any problem with the onboard USB socket breaking off I use 2 USB cables--one with the mini-usb connection always plugged into the E-28 and the other end plugging into the USB M/F cable from the laptop (laptop usb port is somewhat inaccessible).

They share with other uMites with built-in USB the problem that if the USB connection gets knocked out somehow, it can take some fiddling to re-establish connection, especially with MMEdit.

The low price with world-wide shipping for the assembled module is a big plus. I'd like to see a similar E-44.
Edited by lizby 2017-04-02
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Page 3 of 3    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024