Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:11 18 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : yet another F&P VAWT but take a look at the 3D rotor program

johngeraint

Posted: 03:04am 18 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

New to this forum,but I thought someone might be interested in some work I did a while ago on a VAWT design.

We are currently building an off grid home in Gretna TAS and my partner has threatened my sensitive bits with damage if she catches me working on this VAWT project instead of getting on with building.

Take a look at the uploaded spreadsheetfor more details

Bi_Conical_Savonius_JH_Design.zip

Godoh
Guru

Posted: 07:27am 18 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks good, should be plenty of good winds at Gretna, probably best to go for a vertical turbine there as the wind funelling down the valley would probably have a bit of turbulence.
Have fun with the house building.
Pete

scruss

Posted: 01:32pm 18 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It's a VAWT, so you've got all the insoluble fatigue problems to face. Also, a drag machine, so efficiency is all nah. Fun, though.

First company I worked for was called VAWT. It changed its name to Renewable Energy Systems* by the time I actually started working there, but somewhere I still have my hiring letter on VAWT letterhead. There's a bunch of footage of VAWT and other machines at the Carmarthen Bay test site in this video: Power from the Wind.

*: I think they're the largest constructor of wind and solar in the world now.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024