Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:29 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : 100 Volt Modular H-Bridge Designs

Page 3 of 3    
BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 09:05am 04 Jun 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks solar mike the balance would be a no go even at 12 volt

I have been using the hy5608 360amp 80 volts 12 in total and it's more than I need

Seems to me like higher amp mosfets so less paralleled is the way to go

That is if your not willing to do the best option HIGHER VOLTAGE  GO MIKE!!!!
Edited 2021-06-04 19:18 by BenandAmber
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

Solar Mike
Guru

Posted: 11:41am 10 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Wow, 2023 already, time for another project to add to my long todo list.

I want to simplify the above modular design, by using pcb's that fit within the 100x100mm foot print, to that end have decided to use two parallel high power mosfets for each half bridge module and place the caps on the same board, rather than on a top hat pcb. This keeps the high current traces shorter reducing EMI and current spikes.

By making the layout somewhat symmetrical, pairs of half bridges can be bolted to the DC supply copper bus bars with the choke - transformer connections in the center. Each pair will be good for 40-50 amps, so small powdered iron ring cores can be used for the choke filters. Will be using 40Khz PWM. As many multiple pairs are linked up for the desired power output. Mosfets are bolted either vertically or under the pcb against a 5mm thick alloy side of the case.

Small driver pcbs blob solder vertically direct to the mosfet connection pads, this optimizers the drive circuitry layout and keeps it away from the main pcb. The drivers will daisy-chain link together and connect to a separate pcb containing the CPU - Brains and control logic, probably the PI-PICO module running Python or Basic.

Here is the first cut layout for the 1/2Bridge module:

TOP:

Bottom:

More later....

Cheers
Mike

Solar Mike
Guru

Posted: 05:02am 11 Jan 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here is the mosfet opto-isolated driver module; it solders direct to the pins of the 2 mosfets. A spring terminal connector allows twisted pair drive and power wires.

I'm using a UCC23313B simulated E-opto mosfet driver chip, these have very tight specs for activation on\off times etc, so are ideal when multiple devices are used. This one has 4-5Amp drive, so can drive 2 mosfets ok.

The "E-diode" inputs have >13 volt reverse voltage rating, this means 2 drivers can be connected in an interlock arrangement for the H0, L0 1/2 bridge, when driven from push pull buffers and current limiting resistors; means its impossible to have both 1/2 bridge drivers "ON" at the same time.

Two pcb's fit in the 100mm footprint, so there is room to add some other small modules that will be used on the CPU board. I normally get these boards made 1.2mm thick and are very easily cut up by scoring with a craft knife on both sides, then snapping off.

Top:

Bottom:

Will look at the CPU next.

Cheers
Mike
Edited 2023-01-11 15:07 by Solar Mike

Page 3 of 3    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024