Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:50 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : I'm back! (Also looking for a specific IC)

Haxby

Guru

Posted: 12:06pm 29 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on the forum. My job has been getting in the way of playing with inverters.

I'm designing another inverter PCB at the moment that needs a very fast "opto" isolator.
I recall there was talk on this forum about a specific IC that worked exactly like an optoisolator but it ACTUALLY wasn't an opto component on the inside. I think it used magnetics or capacitance or some other trickery. The best thing about it were two qualities: it was bloody fast compared to a real opto, and it was able to withstand reverse current. It was special also because if I recall correctly, I believe it also didn't need a 5v power supply at the pseudo LED side of the chip. Whatever trickery it used to get the signal across the barrier, relied on getting the transmit power from the signal itself. Much like an optocoupler led would, but much faster.

I've looked through the forum but can't find the specific thread again, and don't recall who put me on to it. Any ideas?

Solar Mike
Guru

Posted: 09:39pm 29 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Are you wanting the Mosfet gate driver version or just a replacement for a standard opto-isolator.

Cheers
Mike

Haxby

Guru

Posted: 11:06pm 29 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just a replacement for a standard opto.

Haxby

Guru

Posted: 01:45am 30 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ah found the discussion:

here

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024