Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:08 07 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Montoring batteries

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:08am 23 Oct 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm looking for a battery monitor with wifi. Poida's data logging thread looked interesting, but apparently he thought there was not enough interest to pursue it.

I have numerous cheap aliex monitors, with and without external shunt, but none of them provide any way to get a reading out to another system. The SONOFF devices do a pretty good job of providing what I want to monitor AC, especially with Tasmota flashed and Berry scripting available, but I haven't seen those for DC systems.

When an ESP32 S2Mini costs $1.55, I don't understand why there isn't some inexpensive monitor with wifi available.

Or maybe there is. Does anyone here know of one?

Maybe this would do it, but I'd rather have wifi than bluetooth: battery monitor

PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 03:17am 23 Oct 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Junktek Battery monitor

Ive got one of these ( amoung others), I made the suggestion earlier to use a commercial one the transmits its info out... so you could easily transmit it via a arduino and a nrf24l01 or a esp32 etc... these one do both Bluetooth and serial ( rs485 ) as all the calibration, hardware etc. already sorted ( they pretty good ) ..
I think it works !!

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:32pm 23 Oct 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I did see those, and they look very nice--but pricey when I want 5 of them. All I really want is something like this but with wifi or even serial out for a value when it changes.

PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 09:57pm 23 Oct 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ive got one of them to test ( 2 actually, i like my backups).. problem with them was it only reads one direction for current flow... so it only reads flow, irrespective of wheather its flowing in or out...  so you might have 3kw going in with 500w usage, it will just show you 2.5kw discharging, if that makes sense...
I think it works !!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024