Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:49 11 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Power jack mosfet board little

Page 3 of 5    
mackoffgrid

Guru

Posted: 01:31am 13 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey, I'm the last person in Australia that doesn't (refuses to) have a smart phone.

Ben, fair chance you'll need to drop the gate resistor by half. So Rg=22R.

You'll see plenty designs around here that drop it even further, as in Rg=10R. I note that the Latronics I have uses 10R but, all the Gate resistors are in series with a single 1R // diode.

Cheers
Andrew

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 03:14am 13 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Mack
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

Tinker

Guru

Posted: 09:33am 13 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BenandAmber said  
I know this information is somewhere
I've read it

or it might even be simple for one of you guys to figure out without having to have the information

Thanks for any help

You really need to learn how to find information on this forum. Always asking for it makes you appear lazy IMO.
Klaus

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 10:59am 13 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

C'mon Tinker, you can see from his efforts he's not lazy.
We all have our strong and weak points.

Click the search tab, it's been disabled by Glen to sort out some issues.
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 04:07pm 13 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Not lazy just stupid I think

I usually read for three or four hours before I ask

but the search function has not been working for a few days now

here's the screen I get when I click on the search function at the top of the screen

All information is really hard to find on here you have to read 4 days to find one little piece of information

poida the Great has tried to help this situation a little bit by putting a big list on the beginning of one of his post of a lot of information that people ask for over and over again

Even when the search engine at the top of the screen was working

if you type in warp speed inverter you're not going to get the information you want just don't work that away

You're going to get a bunch of nonsense that has nothing to do with the warp speed inverter

Stare gazer a friend of mine that's on this form also that lives right down the road from me came up here and was going to try to teach me how to search and he ended up having so much problems he gave up

Maybe this is different if you're on a PC

I don't know but I very seriously doubt it

if you can't remember a lot of information of the article that you're wanting the little tiny piece of information out of

And you don't know the right question to ask
then it's going to be hard as hell to find it

Now tinyt you might be just like my sister and be able to tell you how many bricks are in a house that she drove past a week ago that's not me

Or you might be like my brother you know the answer to a problem before I can even type it into a calculator
But that's not me either

I have to read something about 30 times to even start to remember it and then it's just a little glitches of familiarity

So stupid yes lazy no
Edited by BenandAmber 2019-07-15

tinyt
Guru

Posted: 07:19pm 13 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BenandAmber said   ...Now tinyt you might be just like my sister and be able to tell you how many bricks are in a house that she drove past a week ago that's not me

Tinker said  
  BenandAmber said  
I know this information is somewhere
I've read it

or it might even be simple for one of you guys to figure out without having to have the information

Thanks for any help

You really need to learn how to find information on this forum. Always asking for it makes you appear lazy IMO.

I also get confused who posted what. Specially if member names start with the same letter.Edited by tinyt 2019-07-15

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 02:07am 14 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I used to get you tinyt and Tinker confused just because of the name I definitely don't get them confused anymore

Lol

Ironmaiden

Posted: 08:20pm 14 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm watching this development with interest. I don't yet have a PJ but have been looking at them.

If you forward the new boards and Mosfet's needed to Gentry Solar, he probably could get the PJ guys to use this new design since he works with PJ.

I am looking at the HY4008 as a direct replacement for the IRF3205 in a 20 year old inverter. I just don't know if the resistor values would need changing? I would imagine so. The HY4008 is not a direct match to the IRF3205.

Robert

Edited by Ironmaiden 2019-07-16

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 03:01am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have this inverter that I would sell

someone would have to be able to come to my house and pull the top off of it check it out try it out use it

then decide if they wanted to buy it
It is supposed to be new I've never used it besides just trying it out for 5 or 10 minutes

I would not ship it they get tore up in shipping too often

kentfielddude

Posted: 03:25am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

2019-07-15_133509_MosfetBoardV1.0.zip Here is the updated board

Edited by kentfielddude 2019-07-16

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 03:36am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That is absolutely awesome I really appreciate it

when my wife gets some time I'm going to have her read the information that you put in the private message

so she can help me figure out how to order them

I take it this isnt the first thing you've designed and ordered anything else you would like to shareEdited by BenandAmber 2019-07-16

kentfielddude

Posted: 03:44am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I made and designed this 4 port quick charge 3.0/apple fast charge usb charging hub. Capable of 3 amps on each port simultaneously.

BenandAmber said   That is absolutely awesome I really appreciate it

when my wife gets some time I'm going to have her read the information that you put in the private message

so she can help me figure out how to order them

I take it this isnt the first thing you've designed and ordered anything else you would like to share

Ironmaiden

Posted: 03:46am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Kent, That is a brilliant piece of engineering!

Ben, Unfortunately that inverter is nothing even close to 15KW. Those Toroid's are barely able to do 8KW if what I've seen on Youtube is correct? Now the really big monstrosity they have might be able to do 15KW for a surge, and do 10KW continuously. Gentry has been working with them and convinced PJ to reduce the 10KW unit to 9000 watts continuously. At any rate, I'm running a 12v system so am limited to 2500 watts. For 12 volts 3000 watts max. Anymore than 3000w and the amps get insane! This is only a temporary setup though. Eventually I am going to either 24v or 48v depending on how big I want to go with my system. 12v is a good system to get your feet wet.

Robert

kentfielddude

Posted: 03:51am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think Power Jack has since improved their 15,000w inverter but in this video the guy is only able to get 5000w out of it

Ironmaiden said   Kent, That is a brilliant piece of engineering!

Ben, Unfortunately that inverter is nothing even close to 15KW. Those Toroid's are barely able to do 8KW if what I've seen on Youtube is correct? Now the really big monstrosity they have might be able to do 15KW for a surge, and do 10KW continuously. Gentry has been working with them and convinced PJ to reduce the 10KW unit to 9000 watts continuously. At any rate, I'm running a 12v system so am limited to 2500 watts. For 12 volts 3000 watts max. Anymore than 3000w and the amps get insane! This is only a temporary setup though. Eventually I am going to either 24v or 48v depending on how big I want to go with my system. 12v is a good system to get your feet wet.

Robert

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 04:08am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah I'm trying to talk Gentry right now I'm on private message with them right now trying to hit get him to become part of the site

His name is Sean and he's a pretty cool guy I told him he needs to be part of this site and I wouldn't trust that inverter for over 5000 Watts continuously if that

He sent me that inverter free of charge because he accidentally sent me a 230-volt 8000 watt inverter really good guyEdited by BenandAmber 2019-07-16

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 04:13am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That is awesome Kent and the best thing of all they don't get to gouge you for one of their Chargers I've been wanting one something like you made for Android phone

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 04:20am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think I might have convinced Sean to become a member

I really hope so he's done more with power jack inverters I think than anyone as far as repairing and selling them

he's a solar nut just like all the rest of us on here

I think everyone would like him and I think he would really add to the site

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 04:25am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Iron Maiden rewrap the low side and put a nano in this power jack I got

I think it would do the wattage you're looking for and maybe a little bit over

I really don't care if I sell it at all

it will have a nano one day I just figured I'd tell you I have it and if you was willing to come by my house and check it out try it out and liked it

then I would sell it but I don't care if I sell it

It was more of a I didn't want to see you pay a big amount for one

Boppa
Guru

Posted: 04:34am 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ive got the 8000w/12000w peak 12v version in the ute, I've had it running a welder once offroading (one of the guys broke his camp trailers drawbar, another had his work ute with a welder in the back but we had no gennies) and it did a brilliant job of doing that, but that was still only maybe 4kw peaking at striking
Most of the time it runs the sandwich griller, the microwave or the kettle for big loads(never all at the same time), and the tv or laptop, so running well under it's limits, we got 3 others all with the same inverter and they have all been totally reliable to date

I suspect the trick is to totally ignore the factory rating and at the minimum, halve it...

Mostly I believe it's the totally unrealistic power claims that kill them, and using one for offgridding, I wouldn't unless you were really, really frugal on power...

Mines never even had the fan come on, so it's running well under it's 'limits'

(I used to do the drive swapping thing back in the late 90's, early 2000's with the old drive caddies)

Ironmaiden

Posted: 05:02pm 15 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BenandAmber said   Iron Maiden rewrap the low side and put a nano in this power jack I got

I think it would do the wattage you're looking for and maybe a little bit over

I really don't care if I sell it at all

it will have a nano one day I just figured I'd tell you I have it and if you was willing to come by my house and check it out try it out and liked it

then I would sell it but I don't care if I sell it

It was more of a I didn't want to see you pay a big amount for one

Ben, I wasn't going to spend a big amount for a PJ. I'm actually working on building a LF inverter into a old Gateway computer tower. I saved the PC tower for a DIY welder but have decided to build a Oz inverter inside of it instead.

The PJ stuff is interesting, But they are also quite disappointing. I always said If I got one, I would rip off the labels and repaint the dang thing so I don't have to see their crazy advertised wattage that's bogus.

Robert

Page 3 of 5    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024