Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:17 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Coronavirus....

Page 1 of 3    
Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:29am 03 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

PCB houses in China have been affected by this:

https://www.pcbgogo.com/Blog/Urgent_Notice_PCBgogo_factory_will_start_working_on_February_10__2020.html

I am beginning to worry about this one, but fully understand there is nothing I can do as an individual about it, so I choose to keep on living my life - while I have it, anyway, and to not get obsessed by thing that I have no control over.

I seriously doubt that China has REALLY released to the world, just how bad this one is.  Look at Chernobyl and Fukushima....

The goal is to stop global panic, and I can respect that.
Still.....this one is making me wonder.
Edited 2020-02-03 18:30 by Grogster
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 10:22am 03 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I ordered four sets of five standard sized boards from JCL last Wednesday. Was notified late this afternoon that DHL now have them in transit, so its not too bad. Six days to manufacture instead of two, and now JCL seem to be back at work.

Quote   The goal is to stop global panic,

There are two competing theories about that.
One that its so awful they are hiding the truth from us.
The other that they are deliberately setting out to cause a panic to crash the financial markets.
After all, banks and governments don't like to be blamed for the coming entirely predictable carnage of a financial collapse. It was them little virus bugs what done it.

Aids has not killed us all as predicted. Neither has SARS, ebola, or west nile virus, all of which were supposed to spell the end of humanity. This too will probably turn out to be a complete fizzer.
Cheers,  Tony.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 04:57am 04 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah, lets hope so.

I guess it cannot be spread by items of mail or other freight, as all trade is still intact so I understand, just a lock-down on who can get in and out of China till they get it under control.

Maybe a stupid question, but why would anyone WANT to deliberately crash the financial markets?  Super-rich wouldn't want it, cos it would affect their profits and assets.  Everyone else doesn't want that either cos it would affect their ability to have a job and live.

I guess I am not seeing something in that statement you made there....

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 06:53am 04 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The super rich are desperate to get rid of Trump. He and like minded people around the world are exposing all the pedophilia, frauds and treason of the elite that have kept them them wealthy and in power for generations.

Those guys would rather personally loose billions than be publicly shamed and exposed and spend the rest of their lives in prison. Their dreams of a satanic occult New World Order are turning to dust before their eyes.

From the Windsors, to scandals in the Vatican, the whole thing is being exposed for what it truly is, and the elite don't like it.

Only way to undermine Trump's ever strengthening public popularity is to wreck the economy and start a revolution in the US, and then blame it all on Trump.

That is not going to work, although an economic collapse of some kind is now an absolute mathematical certainty. They occur regularly throughout history as economic boom and bust cycles through the unsustainable growth of debt, and we are now long overdue.

Its going to be much worse this time around than ever before, for two reasons.

Markets around the entire world are now linked electronically. What used to take months for financial contagion to slowly creep from country to country, can now happen in minutes worldwide.

For the first time in history, all the worlds money is just worthless paper fiat currency or computer blips, which are no longer backed by gold or silver or anything tangible. For thousands of years, money has been real gold and real silver, but not any longer. Wealth used to grow through trade and the value added by real work.  these days wealth is gained only in the financial industry (that creates nothing) by fraud and scams.

Fortunately in Oz, we seem to be pretty much isolated from the worst of it, although the financial collapse will really hurt us, we are likely to escape the serious violence that is highly likely to occur elsewhere in the world.
Cheers,  Tony.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 10:19pm 04 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Wow.....

Never thought about it like that before.

You make excellent points, I had just never thought along those lines.

It is true that Trump is really shaking up the establishment(weather you like him or not), and it blatantly obvious that the whole 'Impeachment' thing by the Democrats does not hold water, and other then conjecture and speculation, they don't have any actual crime in their impeachment case.  It is all done cos they simply don't like the man.

Perhaps he had something in 2016 when he said he wanted to 'Drain the swamp.'
I never really thought about what that meant till now when you posted your comment about the super-rich etc above.  Now that statement makes more sense to me.

We certainly live in interesting times.  I wonder how history will look back on this period in the future.  Assuming the planet does not blow itself up before then.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 11:03pm 04 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Its certainly becoming much more interesting as the whole drama very slowly unfolds.

And we certainly do live in interesting times.
Cheers,  Tony.

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 06:10am 07 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

the democrats still can't get losing the last election to Trump and any hope of winning the next election evaporated with that impeachment scam.

As far as that virus goes it won't last too long as it was made in China  

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 07:45am 07 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I laughed so hard when I saw this ad my wife came into the office to see what I was going on about.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/05/trump-suggests-hell-endure-4eva-in-first-post-acquittal-tweet/

I think the guy is a riot. I was laughing the other week at a comment he made about one of the Demorats " He's the the sort of competitor you pray for".

Right now the opposition are helping Trump win the next election more than I think his own campaign efforts are. Pelosi's Speech tearing stunt has only won her favour with the other leftists on twitter but most others see it as childish disrespect.

he's going to be hard to knock over when all the critical measurements of the country's prosperity and well being are better than they have been in years. They whinge and complain about him, usually personal attacks but whatever he may or may not be, he's clearly doing the job he's there for and putting big runs on the board.

I'm just waiting to see what sort of sooking and lies they come up with after he wins the next one. They went for the big one with the impeachment and that was a farce so it will be interesting to see what other sort of manufactured garbage they can accuse him of.

Closer to home, where I am is predicted to get between 120 and 200 MM of rain Saturday and sunday.
I'm waiting to hear all the professional whingers go from blaming the gubbermint for not doing more on climate change to stop bushfires to blaming them for not doing more to prevent floods.

I'll admit I don't hold Pollies in very high esteem but others seem to put a lot more faith in them than I do. I thought they were just largely untrustworthy men and women.
Seems a lot of people think they are gods that can do things like change the weather after being in office 6 Months.

I don't know about this Corona Virus but if the numbers they are throwing out are even relative to what's going on, it sounds pretty scary to me.
I do wonder how all these new strains of bacteria and sickness originate though?

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:44am 07 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The fact that the Democrats ACTUALLY think that this is a REAL post about how Trump thinks he will be President eternal, is what disturbs me the most.

How can they not see that this is a joke?!
He's trolling them!

Oh yeah - they have basically outlawed any form of humour or comedy.

OF COURSE he will not be President that long.  Only idiots would assume that that tweet was reality.  Unfortunately, we have many idiots on the left these daze, having been subjected to brainwashing for the last three years from various mass-media.

I feel I should point out at this point, that I was traditionally left-leaning democrat, but not now.  They have gone completely insane.  AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE TRUMP!
But I can respect that he HAS done good things, and I just face-palm that the Democrats can't acknowledge that fact.  Nancy tearing up that speech - how petty is that.  Rather despicable, Nancy....

You don't have to like the man, but you DO have to acknowledge that what he has done - IS NOT the end of the world as they were all saying in 2016.  I actually think - speaking as someone who used to be a Democrat - that his track-record is actually pretty good, really.  Again - you don't have to like him, to acknowledge that what he has done is good for the most part.  Sure, he has issues - as do we all.  But look at the economy over there under Trump.  Yes, it was going up under Obama, but whatever Trump has done, that trend has NOT plummeted to the ground graph-wise, so he IS doing something right there.

I don't think the current Democrats have a hope in Hell of beating him in November, cos all they have done since 2016 is....."Orange Man Bad."

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 12:33am 09 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

"But I can respect that he HAS done good things, and I just face-palm that the Democrats can't acknowledge that fact."

I think this is where the demorats have lost a lot of their less maniacal supporters.
The carry on is too much and they do nothing but try to tear him down. Sure that's always going to happen but they have simply gone way too far.

Had they actually given him SOME credit now for the good things he HAS done to better the country and everyone in it, they would probably get a lot more respect. I think it really just proves they are so much more out for their own benifit than that of the people they represent and their country as a whole.

I see a lot of this mentality creeping in here. One party will put sh*t on the other no matter the merit of what the other does. When something that is a good move for the country comes up, they still carry on about it making up crap in order to politically point score. Just like in the US, it often backfires.

I think if someone came up with a good idea and the other side backed and acknowledged it, they, particularly the opposition, would do a lot better.
I'm personally sick to death of the pettyness. I don't normally watch the news but I did follow the bushfires as so many people I knew were directly affected by them.

The politics surrounding them though was completely shameful and IMHO scraped the bottom of the barrel in new and greater lows several times.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 01:40am 09 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Politics has always been an ugly pursuit.
There are not too many people take up politics for altruistic reasons, its almost always about power and money just for themselves.

There are a few things about Trump that I really do not like, but he has certainly done a lot of good for the country, no denying that.
Cheers,  Tony.

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 08:17pm 09 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The virus infection rate still seems to be in exponential growth.
Most pandemics are mutations of existing disease forms, that people do not have immunity for yet. I think that mutation of genes occurs at a certain rate per DNA - so the more people that have a current virus, the larger the number of "live" viruses there are to mutate, which accelerates the production rate of new mutated forms.
China has the ability to react to some extent to it, but I think say India, Pakistan , Bangladesh will not be able to cope with a serious new plague. The combination of fatalistic religions and little political effectiveness will not (or cannot) stop even existing diseases very well. So I think it is a matter of when, not if,  Indo-China  will see a serious new plague at some point. You can imagine, one ebola victim bathes in the Ganges..not good.

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 08:57pm 09 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

At some point, plagues often result in borders being sealed, to try to gain some time. Which then requires military enforcement. So, to me, the most reassuring sight in the world, is a huge US nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in the harbour.
OK the US is not perfect, but an imperfect friend is better than more hot air and pomp.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 10:10pm 09 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

zeitfest said   the larger the number of "live" viruses there are to mutate, which accelerates the production rate of new mutated forms.

I read something recently that suggested natural mutation is a relatively slow process.

Basically, something fairly small changes, and the new version becomes either more or less able to survive in the environment.  So its one small natural experimental mutational change at a time.

Now a man made laboratory Frankenstein virus probably has many changes made to it all at once, so its going to be much less stable than the original benign time proven virus. Further mutations to it are going to be fairly dramatic. And those changes are more likely to be detrimental to the original intentional lethality rather than make it even worse.

There are signs that the infection rate is still rising, but the lethality is actually falling.

The number of sick people is exploding, but the death rate, although sill rising at this stage is rising more slowly than it was at the beginning. The virus seems to be getting weaker but still spreading very fast.

Its difficult to know for sure what is really going on, because of government censorship and just wrong information and rumors being circulated.
Cheers,  Tony.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:13pm 09 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

[ said  QUOTE=zeitfest

China has the ability to react to some extent to it, but I think say India, Pakistan , Bangladesh will not be able to cope with a serious new plague. The combination of fatalistic religions and little political effectiveness will not (or cannot) stop even existing diseases very well.

You make a good point.
A virus that people have no immunity to and no medical access could go through these densely populated countries like one of our bushfires. Would only take one person to be infected in a slum area where there is no sanitation to begin with and it could easily spread to all of the thousands there and well beyond.

The death toll could be huge but being the pessimistic type and believing nothing is beyond question these days, I also am left wondering if maybe this isn't an accident and reducing the population was a goal? At very least, could be a test or an accident as a weapon.

Yeah sure, sounds nutty and I am but like I said, I don't think anything is beyond possibility these days.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 01:50am 10 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  

Its difficult to know for sure what is really going on, because of government censorship and just wrong information and rumors being circulated.

I think that's the key point. No one knows what's going on, only what the (untrustworthy) Chinese Gubbermint wants us to believe.
The outbreak could be 100X greater than reported or next to nothing, no way to actually know.

The one thing I'd be pretty sure of is they are telling anything Bar the actual truth.
Edited 2020-02-10 11:51 by Davo99

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 09:56am 10 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  There are a few things about Trump that I really do not like, but he has certainly done a lot of good for the country, no denying that.

Agreed.  I don't really like his arrogance and now bombastic he is, but having said that - perhaps that is what is needed at this point in time.

I find myself warming to Trump more and more ONLY cos of all the lies that have come out of the Democrats of late.  They just outright LIE about the man, and that is what gets me going the most.  With the Russian collusion thing, I was prepared to listen, but that came to nothing, so then they start "Russia-gate-2" on the Ukrainian phone call thing.  Trump played his trump-card(!) on that, by releasing the transcript, and there was NOTHING there.  OK, perhaps he should have not made the call himself, but there is no impeachable offence here, dems....why not actually work on some POLICIES for America rather then be obsessed with how much you hate this guy...

If he had/has done something criminal, fine - but all they throw at him is conjecture and speculation as to what was said on this phone call, and.....Bah!  Who cares anymore.

If I was in America, I would vote Trump, and I don't even like him that much.
WHY the hell would I do such a thing as an ex. Democrat?

Cos I feel that the current Democrats have TOTALLY abandoned all logic and reason, and they CERTAINLY don't care about the people anymore, it is all about power - at ALL costs.  The moderate-dems have been totally ignored and abandoned in favour of this bloody Trump crusade.  I don't care anymore.  I expect many moderate-democrats don't either at this point.

I just feel I can't support that kind of insanity anymore.  As an ex-dem myself now, I always thought it was really important to be able to LISTEN to the other side.  Sure, you might not agree, but BOTH sides need to come together and TALK, and then find some middle-ground.  Even if it is that you both like beer or something.  The current extreme left simply don't want you to even TALK to the other side, they DON'T want to hear any other opinion other then those that reflect who is already inside their own echo-chamber, and if you try to say anything different, you are ostracised.

I would vote Trump, simply to try to restore some kind of order to things.

....and the more they attack him, and the more I research things OUTSIDE of the leftist-media, I find that he really isn't THAT bad.  Seriously.  As an ex-dem.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 10:57am 10 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  
....and the more they attack him, and the more I research things OUTSIDE of the leftist-media, I find that he really isn't THAT bad.  Seriously.  As an ex-dem.

I think grog your position very well sums up a lot of peoples feelings.
Ok, they are the opposition but the endless lies and over the top BS is something else.
Seems to me if they are this corrupt and untrustworthy when they are in opposition, how  the heck could you trust them or anything they said when they were running the country?

And as you also mentioned, they spend more time making up blatant lies than they do putting in any effort into policy's to benefit the country.

I too started researching beyond the the media storys right back before he was elected.
They said he was anti Black but the biggest black organisation in the country was backing him all the way. Same with the gays, they were all for him not screaming  like the media was they hated him. The more I look into these claims, the more they are cried about and the bigger headlines they make, seems the greater the likleyhood they are completely false and baseless or there are glaring omissions which completely change the context of what they are saying.

My Dad and I watched a thing on trump a while back. Might have been the US 60 Minutes.  They had 4 women making all these claims about Trump being a womaniser and disrespecting women etc.

One claimed he looked at her like a piece of meat and they showed a pic of her meeting trump back in 1970 something at a function.He appears to be starring down at her boobs and this was the basis of her claims.  Dad and I were saying  I would be staring at her boobs too thinking are you for real coming to a formal function dressed like that or were you a hooker that just thought she'd drop in for the free drinks?

Either things were a lot different at that time in which case she has  nothing to complain about or she was dressed like a hooker and no damn wonder he was looking at her tits just like she set herself up so every other person male or female would have as well.

Another said that also back in the '70's he touched her inappropriately. They showed the evidence photo with Trump with his hand lightly in the small of her back introducing her to someone. The aging Bimbo got all upset and even feighned tears at the emotional distress seeing the pc caused her. It was ridiculous.
If you have held a grudge about that and felt all offended all these years about that, you must have lead one hell of a charmed life if that's all you had to worry about lady.

I forget what the other two were bitching about but again, the photo's they showed of the crime were similarly nothing and petty. I think one said he put the hard word on her at a party  in 1983 or something.  Evidence pic showed her hanging off him like wet washing on a clothes line. Didn't look like she would be too damn offended at the time and probably what she was hoping for.
Yeah, better lock up half the males in the world for that one and the women that took them up on the offer.  

If ever there was a group of bitter and twisted aging women looking for sympathy, a quick buck and attention they hadn't got in decades, this bunch were the poster girl geriatrics.
The fact a TV program spent some time making out this was some sort of a story and some wrong had been done and the guy should be hated or held accountable for it, was beyond ludicrous. Talk about a bunch of precious snowflakes... or more likely, lying gold diggers.  

As Dad said, If that's the worst they can dig up on him after all these years and time in the public eye, then I think they are doing more for for his positive reputation than to take him down.

I too put the truth first even if I don't like it or whom is telling it. I take it as a personal credibility to put the truth above all else and give credit where it is Due.
Sometimes that's not what you want but if that's the fact, well that is what you have to go with.

Same as the old adage " I might not like what you are saying but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it."

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 02:48am 11 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, quite right.

I was ALWAYS of the opinion, that if your side lost the election, then you'd be like: "Damn.  We lost.  Hopefully, we will win next time."

I mean - it's not like you NEVER get another chance to win.  The whole 2016 thing with the dems is extremely disgusting, and I think it has shown the majority of America, just how petty they can REALLY be when their power is challenged.

They could have done the same as I suggest above - damn, we lost.  Lets try harder next time, then maybe we can win in 2020.

But all they have done since 2016, is what appears to me as an attempted coup to remove the man, simply cos they don't like him and that THEY didn't win.....

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 04:34am 11 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said    The whole 2016 thing with the dems is extremely disgusting, and I think it has shown the majority of America, just how petty they can REALLY be when their power is challenged.

While I agree with you whole heartedly, the bit that really gets me is when you look beyond the politics to  Peoples attitudes and standards.

This political party has supporters that not only approve of this sort of bad loser behaviour but actually applaud and champion it and all the other pathetic Piss poor moral conduct they are so blatantly conducting.
It's exactly as you say, people I would say of reasonable standard would say oh well, we lost, have to put up with them and get them on the next one but instead they carry on WORSE, far worse than you and I would have smacked our children for  ( probably get locked up for that these days) and would be embarrassed if they carried on like that.

I know I was VERY big on teaching my kids morals and things like your word was a sacred thing.  By geez hasn't that gone out the window now? Someone says that to me now, particularly people younger than I, and it's alarm bells and I take it as a lie most times given past and repeated experience.

And this is what I am really getting at. It's not just a political party that has no scruples, it's all the everyday people in the street that you work with etc that think they have some lawful right to get what they want and if they don't all they should have to do is put on a temper tantrum and people will / should fall over to appease their every desire.

No personal responsibility, no sense of decency and Certainly no personal honour or integrity.
It's really no wonder we have this political party carrying on the way they do. If their supporters found it offensive as we do, they wouldn't be their supporters. the fact they get on social Media the blight to society that has largely become) and cheer Nasty Pelosi on for ripping up a presidential speech instead of condemning her pathetic, childish behaviour, to me is the REAL worry.  

I wonder how many times that is now going to mimicked by kids in school and no doubt, precious little snowflakes whom aren't getting their own way and want to have a Bitch fit about it? How the hell does a teacher or a parent tell a child that is not acceptable when they saw it on TV being done at what they were told was one of the most important things in their political system?
And that's not just going to be something in the US. I saw teachers with Kindergarten  Kids on TV protesting trump when he was elected.  As if that had anything to do with us.

Had they even asked to take my kids to such a thing, there would have been a mushroom cloud forming over the school when I got there.  Same as if they told my kids they couldn't say merry Christmas or have Christmas carols and all the other Bullsh*t they carry on with.  I am not a faithful man in the slightest but I am staunchly supportive on the foundations the country and the western world was built on.

I think the very fact a political party like this can exist and the behaviour they display can be deemed acceptable by anyone is a terrible concern. It should be a hell of a wake up call to those of us that haven't lost our minds as so many others have just because they want their own way all the time.

Page 1 of 3    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024