Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:02 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Coronavirus....

Page 2 of 3    
Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 06:36am 11 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You, are a parent.  A REAL parent.  

I don't have kids, but if I DID, I would encourage them to get all the facts BEFORE they just jump on the mass-media train.  I have not bothered to watch "The News" since the fiasco that was the Christchurch shootings.

Let me be VERY clear - I in no way whatsoever agree with what that guy did, but the way that the media protected a certain religious persuasion, while totally ignoring how many Christians in other parts of the world had been killed by the same certain religious persuasion, was kinda sickening, really.

There had been massacres on more of a scale against Christians in other countries by that certain religious persuasion, then had happened in Christchurch, but somehow - THAT one deserves DAYS AND DAYS of media coverage, all over the world, but the Christian deaths by those who remain nameless, does not even get a single mention at all in the news, despite the death-toll actually being bigger then the Christchurch thing.

It was all about that specific religion, and that nothing must be said against it.
I am PURPOSELY talking in code here, cos if I was to mention what it was by the actual name, I would be in deep doo-doo for simply SUGGESTING that this was the root cause of what the guy did.  By being cryptic in my comments, I maintain plausible deniability.

In fact, in that guy's manifesto, he specifically said that he targeted those of that certain religion, because he KNEW it would get the most public and international back-lash - and it did.

AGAIN, not supporting what he did in any way at all.  Shooting people is taking things WAY too far, no matter what.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 10:36pm 11 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I agree with you whole heartedly but I can't say too much without getting myself kicked in this PC overly correct day and age and the standards they hold us to.

You are correct about the incident in NZ. It was made out everyone in the world should feel guilty about it. About a week later there was a bombing in a church in France I think it was with hundered of victims, over 300 from memory, and it barely got coverage.They danced around the "I" and the "M" words like it had nothing to do with them even though it was obviously all about that.

I'll tell you one that constantly frustrates the guts out of  my sister in law, an Immigrant herself.
She teaches at TAFE. Has done 20 Odd years.  She has classes full of headscarf wearing " Aboriginals".  People claim they are aboriginal because they get all their fees and costs waived. Even though clearly they barely know what an abbo is, the TAFE staff are not allowed to ask or question their identity and background so they tick the box and get it all for free.

How ridiculous is that? My sister in law told me last weekend, I have another class full of aboriginals this semester.  Forgetting after spending time in the country of late where there are lots of abbos everywhere and working with a few of them, I said I wouldn't have thought there were that many in the area nor would they be wanting to learn what you teach. She said well they are all the head scarf wearing aboriginals  and there are loads of them in that area. Then I remembered what she had said many times before about this.

I'm fed up with ALL the protected groups that have by their own whinging and whining they want to be like everyone else, have in fact made themselves BETTER than everyone else with more rights and privileges.

Classic example, my gay ( by marriage) nephew.  Doesen't he milk it for all it's worth? Came over last night for dinner and put on the typical gay semantics which includes Rude and derogatory remarks at every opportunity.  No sooner walked in the door and fired off with a smart arse comment to my wife. I looked at him and I just said quietly, either behave yourself like a gentlemen in my house or F off back out the door.

I know his parents drummed manners and politeness into both their kids and his brother is the poster boy of polite, good manners and consideration for others. I also know that this one goes out of his way to rub his gayness in everyone's face as an attention getter. Not a bad kid by any means but drama queen is entirely appropriate.  My daughter is his best friend and even she tells him at frequent times, Man the hell up and stop being a bigger girl than I am, you are driving me insane! I still can't get over her popping round to his place to borrow makeup which she says he has a far better range and quality of than she does.

He came round a while back to give me a hand Building a shed. Had to explain to him what each and every tool was so he could hand them to me but he seemed to enjoy learning. One on one, he dropped the gay act and was good to talk to and did his best to help me and was a good help. He's sure not afraid of hard work.  When he's interacting with people normally though in social situations, the gay comes out by the truckload and it's bloody annoying have it thrown in your face all the time when there is no need.

The problem is, You could come along and call me certain names and nothing could come of it. Call him the same names and you could be up on charges for " Hate" crimes.  What a crock of garbage! I am a photographer. Photographed over 1200 weddings.  If a normal couple come along and I don't want to do the job for whatever reason, no problem. If a gay couple come along and I don't want to do the job and they want to make an issue out of it, I'm screwed.  It HAS happened MANY times now to different shooters so it's NOT any sort of phobia or excuse, it's well documented and known in the industry for it happening.  Why should my right not to take on a job be superseded by anyone else?

And I'm not against gays per se, as long as they keep to themselves they can do what the hell they want like anyone else. It's when their proclivities start effecting me and they have a right to tell me what I can and can't do that I get the sh*ts.
I worked with a gay bloke some years back for over 12 months and didn't have a clue he was gay. Wasn't till just before Christmas I asked if he was married and had kids. He said I'm gay, didn't you know? I said I don't remember it ever coming up in conversation before so no, I didn't.

Unlike my nephew, guy seemed like everyone else to me and in fact a real nice fella. Didn't go on with dramatics, talk about boyfriends, make a song and dance about things or try to shove his lifestyle down anyone else's throats.

Of course there are a whole range of people like this now.  They want to go against the grain of society and not only be treated like everyone else but have rights, privileges and compensation others don't and be better than mainstream society.
I think this is why they are so much against Trump.

They know he won't fall for this BS and everyone is on an equal footing with him, as it should be. They see him not pandering to the special privileges they want and now demand and that's what gets them upset.  

The whole equality and feminism thing is another example of PC gone mad. I was just reading the other day how they are crapping on about  the academy awards not being " Inclusive " enough because there are too many white men winning awards and not enough people of colour ( is that the correct limp wristed term? Bad luck if it's not) and women getting anything.
The article did a break down of Hollywood directors and people in the industry and found the awards given were actual completely representative of the numbers of different groups in the industry.

And there is the thing. They ARE being awarded on their merits, but that's not actually what the whingers want. They want to be awarded because of their identity WHEN it suits them even though most of the time they are having a sook against that and saying they want to be equal.

No, they don't, they actually want to be ABOVE everyone else like so many others.
Lets not give them an award because they made a great Movie or did a great job, they want to be awarded just for being who they are regardless and showing up.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 11:01pm 11 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah, I hear that.  These days, people just get 'Offended' at the drop of a hat - almost LITERALLY at the drop of a hat, but you know what I mean.  Anyone who DOES get offended by the simplest and most mediocre things, is someone I know I don't need to know.

Billy Connolly had a bit where he said:

"Now, to the untrained eye, THESE - are a pair of floral trousers.  But to a highly intelligent person such as myself, these are a pair of a***hole detectors.  I wear stuff like this all the time, and it saves me so much time, cos i'm always in a room full of people who know who I am, but I don't know who they are, so you walk in wearing these and someone goes: 'Hahahahah!  F***in' trousers!' - A***hole."

I self-censored that quote to stay within the forum rules - although this thread is probably a bit borderline in it's entirety with Gizmo's rules at this point.
He has not commented yet, so I guess we are still OK with the posts.

I am enjoying our talk, but if Gizmo decides to lock the thread, we can continue via PM's or emails if you want.

My own PERSONAL thoughts on why the world is now INFESTED with all this PC crap gone totally bonkers, is the closing of all the mental asylums.  There simply was not ANY of this rubbish back when they were still operating, cos based on the crazy stuff being forced on us today, 99% of those with the nutty ideas would have been committed.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 09:40am 12 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  

My own PERSONAL thoughts on why the world is now INFESTED with all this PC crap gone totally bonkers, is the closing of all the mental asylums.  There simply was not ANY of this rubbish back when they were still operating, cos based on the crazy stuff being forced on us today, 99% of those with the nutty ideas would have been committed.

Might be something to that but it definitely works in reverse.

My father WAS committed last week.

He got Ill with what turned out to be a bowel infection.  His house keeper was concerned and called an ambulance. At some point he said to the PC cupcake lezzo ambo, he rather shoot himself than have to suffer the pain and discomfort he was in much longer.  Suddenly they labled him as a suicide patient and DID lock him up for 2 days and nights.

I was already on my way up there hearing he was crook and my cousin was planning a visit anyway. I got to the mental ward and it scared the sh*t out of me. It was a prison and a hell hole in every sense of the word.

The upshot was neither I nor my cousin, his legal guardian, could do a thing to get him out of there and all they kept on going on about was guns and what did he have etc. They wouldn't accept the fact he had none, slight problem in shooting oneself and were just pathetically focused and unyielding he was going to use a firearm to off himself because of one, single off hand comment.

At one point when I had to clamp my own mouth shut to avoid loosing my ship when some idiot doctor I couldn't even understand due to their pathetic english skills told me they wouldn't let me take him home, I was given a lecture by the head nurse.  She told me they didn't know him and they had to act on his comment. I said then why if you don't know him, do you totally disregard Multiple people that do including his next of kin that do and are telling you it was an off hand comment he has said all his damn life and there isn't a thing wrong with him? Why are you so fixated on making out he is suicidal when that is laughably obvious he is not and it's what all the tests you are giving him are telling you??  Dad was sitting there and said " Because they need to justify their job is why!"  I said you got that right, pretty damn obvious you are the only sane person in this hell hole!

By the time I got him out, he was way worse than when he went in. He was drained from the lack of sleep, he was scared and stressed witless and the morons that kept going on about duty of care missed his regular important medications till I blew a fuse about it and then after a day and a half, had the audacity to ask me " What medications?" Oh you know, the ones that keep him ALIVE you arsewipes!

Then some other idiot import posing as a doctor came and asked him what his medications were? I said hang on, you have this man locked up against his will as a suicide patient and you are asking him what medications he takes? Are you for real or taking the pizz? If you think he is a mental case, what the hell are you asking him about what drugs to give him?

This was the sort of Hypocrisy that was rampant in the place. I told him to go away and find out what he was on and they better let me know before they gave him anything as I knew what he took and wanted to check they had it right.  The pretend Doc said we can't diverge a patients medication to you.  Dad blew a fuse then and asked if he was an idiot and did he realise I was his son and only family member and called the guy a few names and told him to go get a real doctor.  I had to quieten him down before they had some reason to hold him longer.

Got him home and he had bit of breakdown. It really buggered him AND, they didn't even treat him for the problem he went in there for, his stomach. I'm sure being in there will haunt him for the rest of his days. I stayed with him another week and it took him most of it to stop talking about it which is a sure sign something is playing on his mind. Took him to his GP and even he admitted the place was an insane hell hole. Gave him some over the counter medication and he was fine.

A prescription from the hospital had turned up in the mail and I couldn't believe it.
I googled it and it was a specific antibiotic with side effects listed as Nausea, gastric upset, stomach aches, diarrhoea, belching, dehydration and every other damn thing Dad went in there to FIX. I gave the prescription to the Doc and said ' You'll love this!"
He looked at it and said where did you get this from? I said it turned up in the mail this morning, as you can see, from the hospital.  The doc just looked at me and said I don't know what to say.  I replied neither did I when I looked it up! Doc looked at Dad and said you need this guy to look after you, if you had taken this you'd really be in trouble now.

What Chit me maybe the most was when the head Nurse let us out the door of the hell hole, she  told Dad to be careful what he said in future so he didn't wind up back there, no smart or sarcastic comments! I looked at her with a stare of intent and said " if that's not an admission you bloody well knew there was nothing wrong with him and it was just an offhand comment, I don't know what is. You are all pathetic!"

I walked him out the front doors, sat him down when I went to get the car and told him, do not open your mouth to anyone for any damn reason. I jogged to the car and got back there asap and he was opening the door to get in before the car had stopped.

Some of the other patients there were in a bad way. They really were not in charge of their faculties at all which I think also scared Dad. They certainly had me on my gaurd when I was in there with him. The first ward he was in had a couple of Violent ones. They left me in there with them while they took Dad to see the Phsyc. I wasn't scared of them as they were clearly dosed up to the eyeballs but I certainly kept my eye on them. When I asked for him to be moved to a safer ward they said he was never left alone with them. I said you just left me alone with them for 35 Min. WTF is going on, I want him somewhere safe , As is your Duty of care! They certainly didn't like their favourite quote being thrown back at them.  They moved him from the violent ward to the la la land ward. At 81 years old, I think he would have been the heavy hitter in there with those poor buggers.  

My reasoning for all the PC BS is simply it is to protect the guilty.
With it has come a lowering of standards as far as personal responsibility, moral code, ethics , honesty,and again, to protect people whom have done the wrong thing.
It also is a huge crutch for the bleeding hearts.

Friend of mine the other day got a bit aggro when I was joking about having to put my father in a retirement home.  She arced up and said We don't call them retirement homes anymore, they are aged care facilities.  I laughed when Dad asked, "whats that?"  I said a retirement home and he said oh, OK, wondered what you were talking about.

Friend later said they wouldn't have your father in an aged care facility. I asked why not? She said they wouldn't put up with the way he talks referring to people as cripples and other improper things like that.  I said seems to me they would need to take a big dose of concrete and harden the f Up then!

Don't know where she works but everyone I know his age talks the same and can't stand the PC attitude.

I think it's all really about patting badly behaved and under achieving kids on the head and making out they are doing well. It's about not kicking the backside of criminals and giving them fitting punishment and these days, my wife whom is a manager can't even say much to anyone that habitually gets to work late.

It pizzes me off no end that you are a " Hater" and often banned form forums if you say something negative, no matter how factual, but you are virtually expected to blow sunshine and rainbows up peoples nether regions if a 50 Yo demonstrates they can tie their shoelaces. Has to work both ways to me. If I can say anything, I should be allowed to say the truth and the person it is leveld out should suck it up and take responsibility whether it is what they want to hear or not, as long as it is truthful. If I can't be honest, by omission or otherwise, I'm out of there and they can blow fairy dust up each others backsides without me.  

It's all about protecting the guilty and pacifying the softcrocks that fail the social standards we used to have and not calling them out for it as should well be done and not so long ago would be.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 02:16am 13 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Jeez, what part of "Discussion of politics, religion, climate change, flat earth and crazy conspiracy theories is strongly discouraged, and will probably be deleted without warning or reason." is hard to understand?
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 03:20am 13 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No part of it.
Sorry Gizmo.....

lastchord

Posted: 10:35am 23 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Spam deleted
Edited 2020-04-27 11:28 by Gizmo

wizzbang

Posted: 01:17pm 28 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

[ It's all about protecting the guilty and pacifying the softcrocks that fail the social standards we used to have and not calling them out for it as should well be done and not so long ago would be]....here here..
 [often banned form forums if you say something negative, no matter how factual,]
  yes, and most forums,WP for eg, would have deleted post just to cater for a few Sensitive New Age Guys. i think we all should be able to voice our opinions [within limits], and not be shot down by do-gooders ..
i think Worksafe and Unions have a lot to answer for , making people soft and for  australias woes re ;companys relocating overseas etc.. anyway, back on topic , this corona virus/isolating , sure gets tongues wagging and emotions flowing on social media. over and out ...

Xander

Posted: 11:46am 20 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Interesting research - Hospitals are seeing an increase in admissions related to alcohol abuse as recovery centers are shutting down and people are drinking more - addictionresource data. I hope this situation ends soon and we all will be able to return to our normal lives.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 06:39am 23 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

wizzbang said  
  yes, and most forums,WP for eg, would have deleted post just to cater for a few Sensitive New Age Guys. i think we all should be able to voice our opinions [within limits], and not be shot down by do-gooders ..

Wankpool is a Joke.
500 page thread on climate change and the position of so many is not a joke, it's a complete and utter worry that people are so ignorant and brainwashed in what they espouse. Clearly no idea but just want to push an ideal with completely impractical and unworkable suggestions.  

They are a lot of bedwetters there and VERY few of them have ever got their hands dirty doing anything.

No problem expressing any opinion there.... as long as it is the one prescribed as being correct by the circus ringmasters.

duongger

Posted: 08:46am 19 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Coronavirus has affected a lot of sides of our lives. A lot of friends of mine lost their jobs and money because of that. I was lucky to work with https://www.trustpilot.com/review/instaforex.com platform so we could work remotely from home and not to worry about safety.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 09:25am 19 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

duongger said  Coronavirus has affected a lot of sides of our lives. A lot of friends of mine lost their jobs and money because of that.

Geez I hate spammers but this part is right.

Last week I went for a flying visit up to Dads.

My wifes Friend's Mother in law lives in the same town.  The MIL is Dying from cancer and is unlikely to see Christmas although looks amazingly good right now.
Friends Husband is trapped in Melbourne. Company said he'd be OK to get out but can't.
Friend has a 4 Month old baby and still getting over the complication of birth that was bad enough her husband was told her chances of making it through the complications were slim and to prepare for the worst.  Luckily she made a Miracle recovery although is still suffering. Luckily she has her parents living with her taking care of her and the baby.

She was wanting to get to see the MIL but can't drive the 4+ hours and the parents are way past that so my wife said I'd take her up there. I normally go at least a week but she couldn't be away from the baby that long so it was an overnighter.  Up there by lunch, on the way back 6pm next evening.

She was Very upset on the way back, She is very close to the MIL who thinks of her far better than her own daughter and was quick to tell me in the short time I spoke to her. They spoke of a lot of things that is playing on friends mind. There will be a lot of problems with the rest of the family whom are all money hungry when she passes.  She knows what's coming and is justifiably terrified.
Mil wants to see her son but can't and is scared she won't be able to before she passes.

This poor girl is still sick, hasn't seen her husband in over 2 Months, is very close to the MIL whom is dying and has a young baby to take care of. Husband and mother are tormented they can't see one another when they want to be with each other more than ever.
It's a Fking mess and all through no fault of anyone's other than people I can't mention here.

I'm sure this story and much worse has been repeated 10,000 times.
This whole virus crap is nothing but a farce now but still we are bing subjected to rules and regulations that have no foundation or logic and Lives ARE being destroyed by it.

At first I was scared of this, then I saw it as a joke and now I'm bloody angry and fed up with the whole bullsh*t.  
I thought this Chinaah Pox may make people wake up to themselves, get back to what was really important and knock a lot of the PC rubbish on the head but I can't remember being more wrong about anything in a long time.  The world has gone nuts on a scale and at a velocity I have never seen before in my days. I'd like to think we'll look back at this time as a WTF were they thinking? Moment but I can't see that happening either.

I have to go to dads again this weekend so I'll get in touch with friend again in a couple of days and see if she would like a return Visit. I think she needs to finish some conversations and sort some things while they still can. I can't do much for the Husband but at least I can do something that the friend and Mother in law might find some comfort in.

johnmc

Posted: 12:06pm 21 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Davo99

My thoughts exactly.

cheers john
johnmc

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 07:27am 19 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjG_VB-la7o

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:06am 19 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That is really brilliant!  

Although, probably bitter-sweet for you in the UK, as Boris has NOT been the Prime Minister that we all hoped he would be.  

I guess we all hoped he would go after the establishment and elites in a big way, but all he seems to have done, is bend-over for them while they ram a giant......  Nah, better abort that sentence.    Very disappointing though.  

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 01:36pm 19 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

without going too close to this, it seems Morrison is the only CANZUK premier with the conkers he was born with.

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 07:09pm 19 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

johnmc

Posted: 12:48am 20 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Most enjoyable, well done    

Cheers john
johnmc

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:57am 20 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Seems just when we thought the worst of it was over in Oz, they are giving it another run.

For a few weeks there, an old favourite gloom and doom headline was making a revival but now it's been put right back to second place again. The hospitality and tourism industry's saw a brief glimmer of hope there for a whole but now they are right out of sight, out of mind along with Greta.

Clearly the thing that is making far more people sick than the Chinnah Flu is hearing about it and the moronic exaggeration and sensationalism of it.

Was reading this morning about the WHO admitting something like 97% of all the positive china flu tests are likely to be false.

WHO Paper

johnmc

Posted: 11:47pm 20 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Davo99 for the "who paper".
cheers john
johnmc

Page 2 of 3    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024