Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:45 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2: non working wireless USB keyboard

thwill

Guru

Posted: 12:02pm 14 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi folks,

The TECKNET 2.4G  wireless USB keyboard that I bought specifically for my CMM2 does not work with it   - It work's fine with my Raspberry PI 3.

Is there anything I can do to fix this ? I don't really want to return the TECKNET because it isn't their fault if it doesn't work with an obscure piece of hardware like the CMM2.

Failing any that can anyone recommend a cheap, compact (no numeric pad) wireless USB keyboard that is known to work with the CMM2 ?

Note that swapping out with the keyboard on my PI isn't helpful because whilst that keyboard (Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse combo) does work with the CMM2 it still leaves me needing a replacement wireless mouse for the PI.

Best wishes,

Tom
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

matherp
Guru

Posted: 01:22pm 14 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

With the CMM2 on and running plug in the dongle. Does the red light come on (top LED)?

Then please plug the dongle into a PC and see if it shows a single device or a hub. The STM32 does not support hubs - nothing I can do about this.

I tend to use wired keyboards but have got a very old wireless that works fine. Others in the development group can comment on what they are using: Phil, Jim, Geoff, Rob, Martin, Mauro, Graeme?

thwill

Guru

Posted: 07:55pm 14 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for replying.

matherp said  With the CMM2 on and running plug in the dongle. Does the red light come on (top LED)?

No, the red light does not light with the TECKNET, it does with the Logitech.

Quote  Then please plug the dongle into a PC and see if it shows a single device or a hub. The STM32 does not support hubs - nothing I can do about this.

Device Manager shows the TECKNET as a "USB Composite Device" AND an "HID Keyboard Device" (and possibly others that I haven't noticed) ... exactly the same as the Logitech keyboard.

Quote  I tend to use wired keyboards but have got a very old wireless that works fine. Others in the development group can comment on what they are using: Phil, Jim, Geoff, Rob, Martin, Mauro, Graeme?

Phil (superb customer service) has offline recommended a Logitech K400, but I may well go for the cheaper option of using the new keyboard with the Pi + a new standalone wireless mouse.

Thanks again,

Tom
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:52pm 14 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am using a cheap Logitech K270 wireless KB. It's physically on the small size so is a good choice.

My cheap wired Microsoft 600 KB also works well.

My HP wireless KB worked but had issues with some key combinations so wasn't useable.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 10:51pm 14 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I use an up market Logitech wireless keyboard and it is great.
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 11:11pm 14 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I was shocked to find that this one does work.
It's a heap of doggy-do so wouldn't recommend it but it does work - not the mouse part.

Jim
Edited 2020-05-15 09:12 by TassyJim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 01:56pm 15 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I tested an old logitech wireless keyboard originally. I don't know the model as I don't have it anymore.
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

Paul_L
Guru

Posted: 11:39am 16 May 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

After decades of banging on mainframe keyboards I can't use any of these chiklet things. If it doesn't sound like a 1948 Hudson going over a New Jersey railroad crossing ... forget it.

I have four of the Unicom classic models which use the original IBM Buckling Spring capacitive switch. They weigh a ton, they don't move around on the desk, and they last forever. When they do break Unicom will rebuild them for less than half the cost of a new one.

The employees of Unicom got together and bought the original IBM production tooling and rights to the patents.

www.pckeyboard.com

Paul in NY
Edited 2020-05-16 21:40 by Paul_L

Nimue

Guru

Posted: 09:23am 11 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

For what its work -- bought an el-cheapo 2.4GHz keyboard and mouse

Rii RK700 -- all works fine.

Link: (not an affiliate link - just a plain old link)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NAS4LCZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Forgive my newbie ignorance -- is there a maintained "compatibility" list for the CMM2 that we can add these to?

Cheers
Nim
Entropy is not what it used to be

Nimue

Guru

Posted: 09:25am 11 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  Hi folks,

The TECKNET 2.4G  wireless USB keyboard that I bought specifically for my CMM2 does not work with it

Exactly the same here - should have checked the forum first.  Fortunately the Amazon return process is simple -- literally 18hrs later and I have a  RII RK700 (see link above) -- all good.

Nim
Edited 2020-08-11 19:26 by Nimue
Entropy is not what it used to be

capsikin
Guru

Posted: 09:53am 11 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nimue said  For what its work -- bought an el-cheapo 2.4GHz keyboard and mouse

Rii RK700 -- all works fine.

Link: (not an affiliate link - just a plain old link)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NAS4LCZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Forgive my newbie ignorance -- is there a maintained "compatibility" list for the CMM2 that we can add these to?

Cheers
Nim

The closest thing I'm aware was a previous thread, Keyboard complaints with CMM2

We could start one on the fruitoftheshed CMM2 wiki though, I've made a page for it: CMM2 Keyboard compatibility

(let us know if you can't access it, some people have had to have access issues fixed)
Edited 2020-08-11 19:56 by capsikin

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024