Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:21 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2: Welcome Tape

Page 8 of 8    
markboston36

Posted: 07:24pm 12 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@thwill if you need any help with anything on this project or z-mim count me in. im thinking of going ahead and adding support for more modern z-machine's as z3 has very few software written for it. can only find five games on ifarchive.

i only just purchased my CMM2 yesterday and its still awaiting processing so i can't really get working on this till i get it. i know i can download mmbasic but i want to have the fully authentic experience.

if you want to contact me directly dm me on here.

Mark

thwill

Guru

Posted: 07:18pm 13 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mark,

Welcome aboard the Good Ship TBS.

markboston36 said  I only just purchased my CMM2 yesterday and its still awaiting processing so i can't really get working on this till i get it. i know i can download mmbasic but i want to have the fully authentic experience.

Presumably you mean download the DOS/Windows version? That has some significant differences, in particular it doesn't have the graphics support or all the recent bells & whistles that @matherp has provided the CMM2 version with.

markboston36 said  If you want to contact me directly dm me on here.

DM sent ... when did it become DM? It used to be PM.

Best wishes,

Tom
Edited 2020-11-14 06:14 by thwill
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

markboston36

Posted: 05:32pm 14 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

dm/pm same difference. it has now been sent and im getting it monday. yes that is what i meant and i did download it and mess about a bit but really need the actual system to do anything meaningful.

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 07:22am 27 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Pirate

Hi Tom,

Lately I've been messing around with Pirate and decided to see if I could get some of the other files in that zip file running. I first wrote a program (based on advdat.inc) to convert the formatting of those files to suit the format required by advdata.inc That sort of worked but there were two problems:

1. The verb/noun list format was different, advdata expects them as 10 verbs then 10 nouns. In those files (and others) the format is alternate verb/noun. That was fixable BUT...

2. The verb/noun list in some of those files is NOT a multiple of 10 which is as required by advdata.inc

So I thought that if I have to modify advdata.inc anyway I might as well add the changes to advdata.inc to read the zipped files as they are. Having done that, I tried running Adv01.dat from the zip while following the walk through intending to see if it would follow it  through to the end:

Go East
Go East
Take Axe
Go North
Take Ox
Say Bunyon
Swim ...

All went well until until I tried 'say bunyon'. The interpreter stopped with the error:

Error in line 584. unknown command: 85

I can see that this is trapped by the interpreter but just typing 'bunyon' (or 'bun') doesn't work either because it tells me to enter two words so I can go no further. I can save and restore the game OK. Saying 'bunyon' is supposed to transport your inventory to another location (the hidden grove), thus lightening your load so that you can swim.

The funny thing is that if I type 'say yoho' in Pirate the interpreter tells me to use one word. (sigh)

I know that you've moved on but if it is an easy fix for you I'd love to go further with this. I have found a few other adventures on the web in the same format and can imagine the system expanded to cater for multiple adventure programs.

I haven't uploaded my version of advdata.inc because you have copywrited some of your files and wasn't sure you would be happy.

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

thwill

Guru

Posted: 11:20am 27 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bill,

I have spun off my reply into a new topic: http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTopic.php?PID=159821

Best wishes,

Tom
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

Page 8 of 8    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024