Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:36 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Colour Maximite 2 Deluxe Edition with USB mouse support

Page 9 of 9    
JohnS
Guru

Posted: 08:37pm 07 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You're probably just out of luck.  Linux & Windows handle these things with enormous amounts of code and better hardware than the CMM2 has.

John

siwypiotr

Posted: 08:35pm 08 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  Hi Piotr,
1. is somehow possible to read version of HT FW through I2C?
2. what is the easiest way to update it, when needed?
3. Where are the FW files for direct for this controller?

Thanks,

Good evening,

Sorry for late replay, I had to take brake from work...  But Im back!

From what I see most questions are answered. To upgrade the chip You should use ds30 Loader and new firmware, all is available on HT web page.

In fact I did not completely predicted upgrade of firmware but It should be quite easy.

First of all You have to solder the pin header here:

If You have USB to UART converted You can use it and connect RX to TX and TX to RX and flash using ds30 loader.

If You do not have USB to UART I can tell You that You have it, there is one in Maximite Deluxe.

Connect jumpers as shown below:

Schlowski

Posted: 10:31am 09 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Piotr, unfortunately that's way beyond my capabilities. Seems that my only solution to this would be to order new HT chips - assumimg that they ship these with actual firmware?

siwypiotr

Posted: 10:59am 09 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Schlowski said  Thanks Piotr, unfortunately that's way beyond my capabilities. Seems that my only solution to this would be to order new HT chips - assumimg that they ship these with actual firmware?

Please check prices with HT.

I also have the chips on stock (I can make sure that they have latest firmware or flash them if needed). Price of the chip is 6.80 EURO, shipment 14 EURO (I do not put profit on this).

Schlowski

Posted: 01:48pm 09 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Piotr: pm sent

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 04:21am 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Piotr,

My unit arrived today. All good thank you. It looks like I have to update the firmware for the mouse chip. Hobbytronics site is down at the moment so I can't download the firmware and loader or the instructions.

I will have to fit the header (J5) first I guess, then use the USB to TTL rs232 on board as you suggested using a pair of female to female jumper leads. Correct?

Are there any other headers I should add while I have the board out just in case...?

Thanks
Bill
Edited 2021-02-16 16:31 by Turbo46
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

siwypiotr

Posted: 07:56am 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi

Yes You need to add J5, remove all jumpers from j17 and connect jumper wires as shown in this post. You also have to start the bootloader, since You will be using the onboard FT232, switching power on will not do it (it will restart com port as well)

After You press "Write" in ds30 Loader software You will have to momentary apply GND to RST pin on J5. this will restart HT chip and start bootloader.

Turbo46 said  Hi Piotr,

My unit arrived today. All good thank you. It looks like I have to update the firmware for the mouse chip. Hobbytronics site is down at the moment so I can't download the firmware and loader or the instructions.

I will have to fit the header (J5) first I guess, then use the USB to TTL rs232 on board as you suggested using a pair of female to female jumper leads. Correct?

Are there any other headers I should add while I have the board out just in case...?

Thanks
Bill

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 08:44am 16 Feb 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank you.

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

Page 9 of 9    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024