Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:23 04 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : all home built solar system

Page 7 of 9    
poida

Guru

Posted: 07:32am 16 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Power board is completed.
It is compatible with the nanoverter and the soon to come picoverter
and Madness's control board.
In other words it uses the 10 pin IDC connector we have used for years.
(It even is compatible with Powerjack LF inverters too)

Make sure you specify 2oz copper.
I like and use all the time EasyEDA.
The gerber files:

Gerber_PCB_madboard 24.5mm v4.zip

and this is what it looks like:

PCB_PCB_madboard 24.5mm v4_2021-05-16-1.pdf

I fixed a few things:
TIP35C
the high side TIP41/42 were swapped.
The 18V zener was wrong.
And the base pins for all 4 totem poles now have 10K pull down to keep then
shut-the-hell-off during boot.

Have fun and build a few and blow them up and sh!t..
wronger than a phone book full of wrong phone numbers

poida

Guru

Posted: 11:25am 16 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

latest code for nanoverter.
two nanos need two firmwares.

nano1 does the heavy lifting, that is, run the inverter.
This code has not changed for a long time.

nano2 code oversees things and shows stuff on the LCD.
I have many variations of nano2 code that is for I2C LCD, serial LCD,
a AC curent sensor (that needs a simple hack on the nanoverter board)
and others.

so, nano1 code is

nano_1_v7_no_bessel.ino.zip

This works very well with the standard nanoverter build with the opamp based Vfb low pass filter. I use this code in my home inverter and its running this code for years now.

nano2 code.
Now it gets interesting.
If you want AC current display, then try

nano2_5_ac_current_sensor_continuous_on_off_control_softserial.zip
AC current calibration is very tricky..if you don't want it just ignore it and let it display rubbish. You need to hack the nanoverter board a little to get the AC current display. I find it not very useful anyway so maybe pass on this one.

This code uses a on/off switch that needs to be on continuously to run the inverter.
This is what I use at home. It lets me control the inverter via a simple 5V signal from another microcontroller. Pull it down to ground = run, let it be 5V, stop inverter.

It also needs a serial LCD (20 x 4 with a small firmware loaded into yet another nano
that drives the LCD)

A version that instead uses I2C for the LCD. No AC current sensor.
I think it uses a momentary push button switch to start and stop the inverter.
To change to continuously on/off switch is trival.

nano2_4.ino.zip

here is a version that uses one fan only, directed at the heatsink.
I have the fan also blowing air past the toroid.
I built an inverter with one fan so this code is for that.
If either HS or toroid exceeds "fan on" temp, then the fan will run.

(this version is used in the inverter that I started the air compressor,
drawing 11kW during motor start up. The inverter build is a small enclosure
so I did not have space for the second fan.)

nano2_5_sserial_ac_I_sensor_on_off_cont_one_fan.ino.zip

I have found that I2C interface to the LCD is very susceptible to interference.
Once I changed over to serial - 9600 baud - LCD things got very stable.
Sometimes even then I needed a inline ferrite choke on the 3 wires.

The LCD is useful for me only to show if the inverter is running and what voltage in input and output. Maybe also to show if a fan is commanded to run.

Serial LCD code:
2 flavours, one with a nano driving the LCD directly, the other driving an I2C equipped LCD.
Since I had a few of both types, I made two versions.
This code is for the third nano, which is connected to the LCD. IT then is
connected to ground, 5V and A4 via the I2C 4 pin connector. This is the first 3 pins.
The 4th pin is not used with the serial port code.

for direct connection to LCD with 4 bit wide data, RS and Enable pins..
nano_serial_to_parallel_LCD_2.ino.zip

and when using I2C type LCDs
(note: your LCD might have a different I2C address than what is programmed
in the code. So you must change it to suit if needed)

nano_serial_to_i2c_LCD.ino.zip

PM me with any issues with loading and running these firmwares.
It's not very hard once you do it a few times.

Important:
note well which is nano1 and which is nano2 on the nanoverter board.
confusing the two is not fun.

Over the past year or so I have added a few extra things to the nano2 code.
The latest code is something like:

nano2_5_ac_current_sensor_continuous_on_off_control_softserial.ino.zip

This uses the serial LCD.
It has a timeout for low voltage cutout, I use 5 minutes. This means DC voltage
has to be below LV cutout for 5 minutes continuously for the LV cutoff to trigger.
It has the usual fan start, stop and inverter stop for heatsink and toroid over temp.
This is the code I use to run the home inverter.

The LV timeout is important, when a fridge switches on, DC voltage will momentarily
drop rather low while the motor starts up. But then then battery voltage will return to something like "OK". I did not want the inverter to stop just because a fridge started. I want it stop when the battery really is lower than the limit when running
under a smaller load that is what it delivers for hours on end.

poida

Guru

Posted: 11:51am 16 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

powerboard PCB files

Finally I need to upload this for anyone who is interested.
The BOM is to be worked out by looking at the board. All parts are labelled
in the top silkscreen. Except a couple, the 1N4148 gate diodes are not marked.
These are D18,D17,d16 etc.
I forget if any others are missing.
Use HY4008 FETs. Buy more than enough to build 2 boards. You may well need the spares
when the board blows.
The 5 x 10uF 25V can be something larger if you like, maybe 47uf
I used 25V 100uf caps. It ran well.

My builds using these boards only used 4 x 4 Fets for the home inverter
and 4 x 3 FETs for the test inverter. I see no need to build the full 4 x 6 FETs
unless you expect heavy duty service. 6kW + for hours on end. This is a lot of battery and most people may not have this DC power available.

48V DC for best results. I do not support 24V or 12V builds. You will be on your
own if you go there.

it looks like this
http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTopic.php?TID=13650&P=2#167180

11kW peak power with 4 x 3 HY4008 FETs
http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTopic.php?FID=4&TID=9409&LastEntry=Y#166999#166980

pdf
PCB_PCB_madboard 24.5mm v4_2021-05-16.pdf

gerber zip file
Gerber_PCB_madboard 24.5mm v4.zip

jclpcb loads the above gerber zip file and give me a price
of $115 for 5 boards. You need to specify 2oz copper.
1.6mm board thickness is fine.
$115 for 5 boards, using DHL express delivery.
This is less than $25 a board.

poida

Guru

Posted: 12:47pm 16 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

time to play with the picoverter.
I just ordered 5 boards.
If all goes well I will probably use this to drive the home inverter from now on.

PCB_PCB_picoverter 6 w lcd_2021-05-16.pdf

The code will support:
LV cutoff, with timeout and optional restart
Heatsink fan on, off and inverter stop on over temp
Toroid fan on, off and inverter stop on over temp
Optional LCD support, at 9600 baud (actually 10,000 baud. Let's see
what I can get away with)

It needs only one nano. A far simpler control board.
It is compatible with the powerboards we all have, using the 10 pin IDC connector
derived from the PowerJack LF inverters. Best results will be when using
the totem-pole type powerboards.

This is just a prototype.

I plan to design another version of this board to support
much better gate drive design and PCB implimentation
and this will not use the IR2184(4) gate drive ICs.
This second part of the project is still in the design phase
and will need plenty of time yet.

flyingfishfinger

Posted: 06:34pm 17 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,
This is also a cool project.

I can help with the layout if you like - note that JLCPCB offers SMT assembly services now, and DOES have some through-hole parts as well if you feel like going that route.

What state is this in, otherwise?

Cheers,
R

poida

Guru

Posted: 10:19pm 17 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi FF
the situation now is that the nanoverter board has been proven to work well.
This is a control board running my firmware.

The power board design above is not proven yet. It is almost identical to the board
that ran 4 x 3 FETs at 11kW at 45V DC. The changes relate to silk screen errors, a dumb mistake with the 18V zener that is used to make 15V gate drive supply and 4 pull down resistors that ensure the FETs stay OFF during power up/brown out conditions.
I could apply this fixes without moving anything on the first iteration PCB.
I think it will work fine.
Since it uses the same totem-pole drive as Madness's board, I expect it will run
well with all 6 FETS installed.

I just ordered 5 picoverter PCBs and once they arrive I will build one and
complete the firmware for it. If I were you I would use this to control the powerboard.
It will be a much simpler build. It will run the nano1 code as used in the nanoverter
but with some modification. I think in a week the picoverter code will be completed
and I will change my home inverter to use/prove it.

Your output voltage of 120V is going to work fine with these.
Other parts needed would include a small (wallwart?) 120V ->12V transformer for voltage feedback, a couple of large chokes that will not saturate at about 2x the maximum operating power levels, the transformer as described by InPhase.

Starting your own thread would be a good idea since it keeps all your info in one place.

I would prefer no SMD design since it's getting to the stage for me that even through-hole projects are beyond my eyesight. I like having most parts available at home when building a board. IF SMD there would need to be a few big orders of assorted passives. And you need to select them before soldering in place...

flyingfishfinger

Posted: 04:56pm 20 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Peter-
Makes sense on the SMD, we don't want to make anyone's build a pain after all.

We have the opposite issue though, no-one uses through-hole anymore around here. Consumer electroncs are approaching the use of 01005 components - that's 1 x 0.5 mm (!!!), but 0201 (2x1 mm) is still standard.

Anyway, if you're open to some feedback on both the Nanoverter & Powerboard layouts I have a few minor suggestions (some aesthetic, one or two functional).

If you're doing a new iteration of the Nanoverter perhaps we can collaborate?

I would be happy to make some tweaks to the Powerboard myself & share before I order some for my inverter build as well.

Cheers,
Rafael
Edited 2021-05-21 02:58 by flyingfishfinger

nickskethisniks
Guru

Posted: 07:29pm 20 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

flyingfishfinger said  Hi Peter-
Makes sense on the SMD, we don't want to make anyone's build a pain after all.

We have the opposite issue though, no-one uses through-hole anymore around here. Consumer electroncs are approaching the use of 01005 components - that's 1 x 0.5 mm (!!!), but 0201 (2x1 mm) is still standard.

Anyway, if you're open to some feedback on both the Nanoverter & Powerboard layouts I have a few minor suggestions (some aesthetic, one or two functional).

If you're doing a new iteration of the Nanoverter perhaps we can collaborate?

I would be happy to make some tweaks to the Powerboard myself & share before I order some for my inverter build as well.

Cheers,
Rafael

Maybe we can start a new thread about that?
What would be your changes? I would like 2 extra outputs, 1 for activating a precharge relais/resistor, and 1 for shorting the precharge resistor.

Good work on the pico board Peter, for me it would be a nice board to have for my testing rig. And for making a small, more portable inverter.

flyingfishfinger

Posted: 08:21pm 20 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

nickskethisniks said  
What would be your changes?

Very little, more of a suggestion for Rev 5 if Peter feels like it - I'm not here to derail the thread.

I would just add ground planes to both boards, and remove all the 90 degree bends from the traces. The former will be good for noise / return current loops and the latter is a bit more aesthetic since this isn't a high speed board.

If YOU want to start a new thread, I can definitely help with the features you want though. Not something I need for my inverter :)

R

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 10:46pm 20 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A plain vanilla inverter without any surface mount parts is DEFINITELY the way forward.

Simple, fewest possible parts, easy to diagnose and repair, and cheap enough to just throw away if necessary. The KISS principle definitely applies.

If someone wants to add extra monitoring, alarms, data logging, and a whole lot of fancy extra control and display features, that can be done completely external to the basic functional inverter block.
Cheers,  Tony.

johnmc

Posted: 11:32pm 20 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Peter for the update.

As Warpspeed quoted.

"A plain vanilla inverter without any surface mount parts is DEFINITELY the way forward."

My thoughts exactly.

Cheers john
johnmc

wiseguy

Guru

Posted: 03:51am 21 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Nicks, my start up scheme currently just uses a small toggle switch.  My method might not suit you at all, but perhaps it might so here goes.

I use a 24V KiloVac relay (solenoid?) rated at 900V 500ADC for applying full current to the inverter power section, I paid $AUD ~ $111 most other Kilovac types are $200+ but the 24V one is a good price, They come from Digikey - I see the price is now AUD$139 and they are waiting on overdue stock .  My inverter also has an 80A breaker from the batteries which is typically left on.

When I turn the Inverter small toggle switch on, it applies 48V to the DC/DC converters for 12 & 5V for uC power etc.  It also applies the 48V to a resistor in series with the Main inverter power board capacitors, the inverter soft start is inhibited for now.

The circuitry now waits until the Vcaps on the power board are >95% of the input voltage (48V/50V whatever). When this threshold is reached the solenoid is commanded to pull in and the Inverter (soft start) is commanded to run

The Kilovac is now driven by 2 sequential duty cycle trains which causes an average of 24V for pull in and then after a short delay (<500mSecs) reduces to ~7V for hold in.

There are a few minor tricks to make it shut down nicely, but the short version is; turn off the small toggle switch, this triggers input VLow to be sensed which commands stop the inverter (soft stop), at the end of soft stop the solenoid is commanded to open and the inverter is now totally galvanically isolated from the battery supply.

You can even leave the small toggle switch in the start/Run position and then close the 80A breaker. No splat or bang just a repeat of the above sequence, I haven't tried turning it off the same way, I prefer to just turn the small toggle to off and take advantage of the soft stop.

I am reliant on Poidas help for a couple of software tweaks to make this all work nicely, but the same software should be able to be used without the Kilovac and using the old precharge approach.

My Nano Pico version will have 3 sets of full bridge power drives and I intend it to have 3,6 & 9KW flavours but requiring a separate choke for each 3kW stage.  I am designing my Power stage to be a 100mm x 100mm 1oz copper 1/2 bridge board with 3 high and 3 low side FETs of which I believe only 4 FETs total should be needed for 3kW.

The Power drive scheme is the inverse connected opto LED drive that ensures no cross conduction can occur, followed by a buffered output .  Note I currently use this method and on my power board easily achieve 5+kW with just 4 Fets per leg.  Scalability for HF inverters has always been difficult/too hard, I hope to make it a relatively straight forward task with this topology.

I am also opting for a small 2mA to 2mA output voltage sense transformer on my version of a nano pico and an over current, adjustable setting, latched stop.

The reason for posting this is not as a boast but because some of these are current point of interest.  If anyone has a wish list not covered here I am happy to receive input but can't guarantee it will sway my direction. I am also happy to share any files PDFs Gerbers etc I create with whoever wants to have a play too.

Incidentally I forgot to add that it will be an all through hole design.
Edited 2021-05-21 15:16 by wiseguy
If at first you dont succeed, I suggest you avoid sky diving....
Cheers Mike

nickskethisniks
Guru

Posted: 07:07pm 25 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Wiseguy I missed your reply, thanks for your input, yes those kilovac relais are on my list, although I'm also considering mosfets for this. At the moment there are only breakers between my battery and inverter. I do use a 100R 25W resistor for precharging. There is a schaltbau dc relay between solar panels and mppt controllers, and I've got 2 more recycled but they draw a lot more current compared to those kilovac relais.

I'm also considering an output relay on my inverter, I know the program has a soft start, but I ones read this could cause appliance failure, for instance with fridges. What is your opinion on this? I don't think it would harm those switch mode power supplies. But I'm not sure with others, that's why I wanted to include a relay, perhaps activated around 180V to reduce the inrush current to save the relay contacts. But a soft start seems to be more logic.

Peter, for the first time powering up the nanoinverter, do I need to be careful when doing AC calibration? Can I expect overvoltage on the output or will it be ok?
For the DC current sensor, I'm thinking of using this sensor; (will this be ok?) or do you recommend a uni directional for higher accuracy? ( I could be an opamp offset circuit if it were a problem, or other hack)

LEM

wiseguy

Guru

Posted: 11:15pm 25 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

nickskethisniks said  There is a schaltbau dc relay between solar panels and mppt controllers, and I've got 2 more recycled but they draw a lot more current compared to those kilovac relais.

For interest if you havent done the calculations here is what the Kilovac requires.
The 24V Kilovac has a 40 Ohm coil so running from 24V for pull in draws (24 x 24)/40 which is 14.4W, the "economiser" hold in at 7V becomes (7 x 7)/40 which is 1.2W

I agree that during soft start with an older compressor style fridge, it might struggle to get going - I have no evidence to support this.  A relay that operates either after a time delay from soft start begin or at a voltage threshold (why not use 200 or 220 as the threshold instead of 180?) I think would help ensure a good solid start. If you could turn it on close to the zero crossing (some wetting current is desirable) would be nicer to the loads & could help extend relay life.

nickskethisniks said  
Peter, for the first time powering up the nanoinverter, do I need to be careful when doing AC calibration? Can I expect overvoltage on the output or will it be ok?

From memory I think the nano requires around 3V feedback to regulate the output. My approach is to temporarily apply 240V to the sense/feedback/transformer and wind the voltage adjustment for maximum ie 4V that is fed to the nano input (pin 19, A0) before applying power to the inverter, that way the output at first start up would be at minimum around 180V.

I usually try to scale the feedback components so the maximum adjustment voltage range cant exceed 255/260VAC, Usually covering the range of ~ 180 - 255VAC.
Edited 2021-05-26 09:19 by wiseguy
If at first you dont succeed, I suggest you avoid sky diving....
Cheers Mike

poida

Guru

Posted: 04:12am 26 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The picoverter PCBs have arrived.
I built one and it works perfectly.
No errors on the PCB

Later I will upload a BOM and build and startup instructions.

The 12V AC feedback circuit draws 1.5mA at 10.3 V AC
with my feedback transformer.

the firmware:

pico_1.ino.zip

The PCB files have been posted earlier.

The firmware works properly, with the LV cutoff and restart and the two
over temp stop and fan controls. All good.
Even the LCD works. The serial data is sent at 10,000 baud, due to the
code that sends the data is within the 20kHz main interrupt loop.
I divide by 2 for the bit transmission so that means
10,000 baud and not 9,600 baud. The nano/LCD that is running my serial LCD code
works fine with this too fast data rate. There is some tolerance in baud speed
matching and so far no issues.

LCD looks like this:

A bare bones display, just the data we need and nothing else.
The two temperatures are in deg. C and the star means the fan is running.
Output voltage is not shown, I did not need it so I did not design it in.
The HS NTC is not connected so it shows zero.

The picoverter will be just as useful without an LCD.
The on-board LED shows if the inverter is running.
The LED on the Nano will blink fast when the inverter was stopped
due to over temp of either HS or toroid.
It will blink slow if it's stopped due to under voltage.
If it's OK, it wont blink at all.

I probably will not need the LCD myself but it's here anyway for those who want it.

poida

Guru

Posted: 04:20am 26 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nicks:
the nanoverter feedback voltage is about 2.75V.
This is referenced to the nano's ADC voltage reference
and so for the picoverter I just built, it's 5.05V

When the inverter is running, the closed loop control will ensure
the feedback voltage is 2.75V or increase the output AC voltage
to try and get it there.

It's up to us to give it the 2.75V at our desired output AC voltage
by whatever means are needed.

The nanoverter & picoverter Vfb input circuit draws about 1.5mA
so some of the smallest PCB type transformers might not be able
to provide this current.

(you can see where I got the 2.75V from if you look in the nano1 or picoverter
code. somewhere I do a comparison of the feedback voltage sensed
on ADC pin A0 with 0.55   0.55 x 5V = 2.75V)

nickskethisniks
Guru

Posted: 12:37pm 26 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It was late yesterday so was not thinking straight... I killed a few nano's, but reburning the bootloader and reloading the firmware solved the problem.

Something to do with my self-made power supply (Chinese buck inverters) and buck regulators on the board. Replacing by the normal 7812 types solved that problem.

I think there are spikes during the connecting/disconnecting of the power to the board, this is messing up the uC.

I will just remove the nano first and will hook up the sense transformer to the 230VAC. Then I just measure the output on the nano input and trim it to 2.75V.
Edited 2021-05-26 22:38 by nickskethisniks

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 11:06pm 30 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

poida said  picoverter BOM:

This will include both NTC thermistors, one attached
to the heat sink, one attached to the toroid,
and give over temp protection.

A DC-DC converter to give 15V.
I used this one from aliexpress

https://tinyurl.com/2uwe2bdf

and mount it vertically.
Whatever you choose needs to give 1Amp.

Arduino nano
IR2184 x2
LM358  
LM7805
IC sockets for above 3 ICs and the nano
2 pin header 0.1" x6

1uf / 105 monolithic cap x6
0.1uf / 104 monolithic cap x6 (C22 is not needed)
10uf 25V electro  x10
1uf 25V electro x2
4.7uf 25V electro x1

1N4007 diode x7
1N5231 5.1V zener x1
BAT46 diode x1
FR107 fast diode x2
LED x1

Resistors:
15K x3
4K7 x2
10K x3
100R x3
6K8 x1
1K x3
51K x1
10K NTC thermistor x2

9V AC small power transformer, taken from a wall wart,
for AC voltage feedback.
The 9V transformer is appropriate with a 1K for R2

The two fans:
MOSFET, logic level gate voltage, IRFZ44 or similar  x2
2 pin header 0.1" x2
15K resistor x2
12V fans from the stack of junk, 0.4 Amp max

if using the LCD function:
3 pin header 0.1"

Build notes:

15V supply is used for the gate drive output.
The picoverter can drive both totem-pole type power boards
as well as Madness's 4kW direct drive power board.
Best results (i.e. a bullet proof inverter) are
with totem-pole gate drive type power boards.

R4 and R9 not important, use something >10K
IC orientation is to be carefully observed. I have inverted U1
compared with U2. Get it wrong and will cost you $6 for a new IR2184

Prior to connecting the picoverter to the power board,
move the trimpot all the way so that the wiper is
now zero Ohms with the cathode of D7 and the lower pin of R5.
This is the node where D7 and R11 are joined.

maybe use a trimpot with the vertical screw, I used what I had
in the box of spares.

In doing this, the AC voltage feedback will be at the maximum
and so the inverter will produce the smallest output voltage it can.
This is a safe way to start up the inverter when we have no idea
where to put the trimpot.

Later on, you can set the AC output voltage as required.
(should you not set the trimpot as above, there is a
high likelihood that the inverter will run to voltages
way over 240V, something like 280V, and draw a lot of current
due to the now well saturated toroid transformer. not good)

Edit the picoverter firmware to suit your needs.
Unedited code will work fine.
load the nano with the picoverter firmware.

The battery voltage sense resistor divider will be not
quite right and need calibration. The calibration value is
in the firmware and you change it thus:

load the special DC voltage calibration firmware into the nano.

Connect the picoverter, with this firmware loaded, to the power board.
connect to the serial monitor from the Arduino program.

It will print the measured DC voltage and the calibration value.
It will probably be a bit wrong.
At the top of the console, type the correct voltage.
It will then make a new calibration value and print
the voltage and the new cal value.
Eventually you will get it close enough. Note this calibration value.

Edit the picoverter firmware and replace the old DC cal. value with
this new one,
then load the firmware into the nano.

Now we are good to go with using the inverter.
We have set Vfb to a safe position and have correct DC voltage measurements.

bv cal firmware:

do not forget to set the serial monitor to 9600 baud

see below of post..

latest picoverter firmware, with smoother battery voltage display

pico_2_heavy_filter_bv.ino.zip

Current schematic, pcb pdf and gerber:

picoverter 30-5-2021.zip

bv cal firmware:

pico_bv_cal.ino.zip

1oz copper is fine for the picoverter board.
2oz is best for the power board.

copied from the 150V 45A MPPT - roll your own thread
Latest F4 Latest H7

poida

Guru

Posted: 12:12am 31 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

what a dickhead,eh?
Thanks Disco (and WG)

nickskethisniks
Guru

Posted: 08:05pm 31 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah, sorry we are messing with your threads .

Peter is it problem I poll the nano2 like 1 time/sec, or will it mess with the reliabililty . I want to poll for data to use on a webpage/ safe in a database.
I know you did it a bit differently in the mppt code to make sure the code was not running slow.

Something like this:

switch (c)
   {
   case '^':         // this probably used by myself only, to allow remote control of nanverter via the raspberry pi & USB serial
     spstr.setCharAt(0,' ');                           // remove ^, so as to allow conversion to int
     i = spstr.toInt();                                // send ^nn<newline>
     if (i == 42)        Serial.println("the answer to life, the universe and everything");
     if (i == 10)        oen = 0;                      //
     if (i == 11)        oen = 1;                      // eg 13<newline> to obtain DC volts
     if (i == 12)       { Serial.print(acv);                      
                           Serial.print(",");
                           Serial.print(dcv);
                           Serial.print(",");
                           Serial.print(aci);
                           Serial.print(",");
                           Serial.print(dci);
                           Serial.print(",");
                           Serial.print(hs_temp);
                           Serial.print(",");
                           Serial.print(tor_temp);
                           Serial.println("*");