Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:05 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : ClockClock24

Page 3 of 3    
Volhout
Guru

Posted: 06:49pm 20 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Kevin,

I like the animations a lot, but observation of the screen shows there are animations that stretch out so long that the hands never pause. Nice to look, but if you want to use it as a clock, it should show the time at least 50 seconds per minute.
Maybe there is some tuning of the animations possible to achieve this.
Example: some animations move all hands (in fixed position relative to eachother) for 2 or 3 full circles, and then back for 2 or 3 circles. This simply takes very long, close to a minute (in combination with the movement to come from the time to this fixed position, en the time to get from the animation back to actual time.

Having said that

I defaulted to
animation=0

To avoid such long movements. Not sure if that is the best solution though....
You hear: I am actively using clockclock24....

Volhout
Edited 2022-09-21 04:50 by Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

Bleep
Guru

Posted: 07:54pm 20 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Volhout,
In normal operation, it takes about 20 seconds to change at the minute; every 6 minutes, which you can change if you want, (think it's a mod 6 somewhere) it does extra animation, with patterns, these take about 90 seconds, so you will miss every 6th minute, but all others should be shown. If not, use a faster CPU speed and or reduce the pause, there are two of them, one is only used when static, think it's 180, the other will speed up the animation, think it's 90, othrwise, from memory, there is a variable fine, which is set to 360 during the extended animation, if you set that to 180 everywhere, the extended animations will only go round once, instead of twice, so potentially will fit in a minute.
Have fun :-)
Regards Kevin

Bleep
Guru

Posted: 08:07pm 20 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Peter,
Great idea, :-) this was originally done for a LCD display, see earlier zip files, since Volhout moded it for a VGA I've only tidied it up as was, but I definitely will do the framebuffer and have a look at the colour tiling, I've not played with that yet and didn't think it could be used with graphics, I'll now take a much closer look :-) Thanks.
Regards Kevin.

PS. I've just build a PicadeOmite, pictures to follow ;-) it's not that exciting unfortunately, but useful & quite neat.

Bleep
Guru

Posted: 09:46am 21 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As per Peters suggestions, I have enabled the screen buffer, so animation is completely smooth now on VGA, I have also introduced the TILE command, so there is now colour on VGA, change, remove as you see fit. I have also increased the time between full animations to 12 minutes. Ref my previous post, the animation can be sped up by changing the constant 'udamn' which is currently 80mS.
Regards, Kevin.

clockclock24vga.zip

Edited 2022-09-21 20:30 by Bleep

Martin H.

Guru

Posted: 11:39am 21 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Verry impressive...
Nice Program
for People without a RTC, maybe you cold ask for Date and Time at the start, when Date$="01-01-2000"
;-)
cheers
Martin
'no comment

Page 3 of 3    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024