Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:57 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : PicoMite/PicoMiteVGA/WebMite V5.07.07 release candidates

Page 13 of 13    
homa

Posted: 09:33pm 05 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

homa said  
  matherp said  Can you not define a file with a single string parameter in curly brackets. Then you just need to set that variable to the string you want to send. Just one file needed and very little overhead.

Brilliant idea. So the variable is set in every type of file, not just the html files? I will try it tomorrow. Today I did not have the time ...

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, your idea doesn't work. The variables in the file are only set with the WEB TRANSMIT PAGE command. However, the content-type$ cannot be specified there. With the WEB TRANSMIT FILE command, it's the other way round. No variables in the file, but the required content-type$ = "application/json" can be set for it!
The screenshot shows very clearly how the different content types can be loaded. CSS, JavaScript, but unfortunately the variable in the file "json.data" remains unfilled and the name "myJson$" appears in the response content (Antwortinhalt).
The simplest solution should be to be able to specify the desired content-type$ in the WEB TRANSMIT PAGE command and not to use the default for a website.
I would appreciate your help here!
Thanks again for the release of the WebMite version!

Matthias

Edited 2023-05-06 07:33 by homa

matherp
Guru

Posted: 09:45pm 05 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No new functionality for the foreseeable

andreas

Posted: 03:54pm 10 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

I wanted to play a self sampled flac file
Play flac "werda.flac"
Pause 3000
on a maker pi pico w.

The problem is: it sounds like mikey mouse - it is too fast. When I do the same using a wav file, everything works good. The rp2040 runs with 133 MHz.

> option list
WebMite MMBasic Version 5.07.07
OPTION SYSTEM SPI GP10,GP11,GP12
OPTION COLOURCODE ON
OPTION DISPLAY 50, 100
OPTION WIFI <censored>, *********************
OPTION SDCARD GP15
OPTION AUDIO GP18,GP19, ON PWM CHANNEL 1

The audio connector on the pcb is connected to a active speaker and uses gp18,gp19.

-andreas

matherp
Guru

Posted: 05:57pm 10 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  The problem is: it sounds like mikey mouse - it is too fast.

You need to post the file and let me know what you think the sample rate is so I can read the header and see if it is correct

andreas

Posted: 03:01pm 13 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  
  Quote  The problem is: it sounds like mikey mouse - it is too fast.

You need to post the file and let me know what you think the sample rate is so I can read the header and see if it is correct

werda.flac.zip

The sample has 44100 Hz and consists of a short squence of two spoken words "Wer da?" which has the meaning of "who is there?".

I have written a program which can play up to 99 words and sentences as reaction of the pressing of three buttons. This is thought as and aid for people who can't speak but are able to press a button.

-andreas

matherp
Guru

Posted: 03:57pm 13 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Before I set up to test - is it mono? If so this is the issue as flac playback doesn't support mono so will play at double speed

andreas

Posted: 04:00pm 13 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  Before I set up to test - is it mono? If so this is the issue as flac playback doesn't support mono so will play at double speed

Yes - I used a Logitech microphone and when I remember correctly I switched to mono.
Thanks's for answer. Now I'm using wav and that works fine.

-andreas

lizby
Guru

Posted: 01:17pm 14 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Is the 1.3" SSD1306 128x64 I2C OLED the largest I2C display supported for the Picomite?
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

phil99

Guru

Posted: 10:56pm 14 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Manual said  OPTION LCDPANEL SSD1306I2C, OR [,offset]
Initialises a OLED display using the SSD1306 controller with an I2C interface. This supports 128 * 64 resolution.
An additional parameter offset may be specified to control the position of the display. 0.96" displays typically
need a value of 0. 1.3" displays typically need a value of 2. Default if omitted is 0.
NB many cheap I2C versions of SSD1306 displays do not implement I2C properly due to a wiring error. This
seems to be particularly the case with 1.3" variants

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 06:25am 15 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I don't think there are that many I2C displays around that are much bigger anyway. It's not really fast enough for graphic displays, but useful if you are very short of pins. I have some converter boards that attach to the back of single and multiline LCD text displays to make them I2C, which can be useful as they eat up IO pins.
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 08:21am 15 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mixtel90 said  I don't think there are that many I2C displays around that are much bigger anyway. It's not really fast enough for graphic displays, but useful if you are very short of pins. I have some converter boards that attach to the back of single and multiline LCD text displays to make them I2C, which can be useful as they eat up IO pins.

But that is really slow..........
You have to send every nibble, and every transition in control lines, as separate I2C commands. That is about 6x slower than can be achived by a normal I2C LCD.
But these are the character based LCD's I guess. So the data is only few characters anyway. Not something like RGB pixels...

Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

lizby
Guru

Posted: 11:37am 15 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I don't really very much care about "slow". If you need fast updating, you just sacrifice the pins and use SPI (or a full parallel interface LCD).

For many uses, I would be happy with a full color 320x240 I2C LCD, and if it could update once a second that would be fine (even slower would be satisfactory for many purposes, as often only part of a screen must be updated). But I haven't seen that such a beast exists.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 11:46am 15 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Lizby,

320x240 pixels RBG x24 bits = 1843200 bits.

With 400kHz I2C (400k bits) maximum efficient (no waiting) a screen update takes 4.6 seconds.

May be a bit slow...
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 12:24pm 15 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If it's shortage of pins that makes you want to use I2C then I suggest a second processor to handle a SPI or parallel display "intelligently". That way you can send primitives via I2C and leave the "GPU" to do things like drawing boxes, font handling etc. It would be a good use for one of the "baby" RP2040 boards (running MMBasic, of course). It would just be a I2C slave. It could even pull complex images off it's own SD card - something that would take ages over I2C would happen very fast.
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

Page 13 of 13    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024