Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:39 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : *** COMM *** Mick’s PCB offerings

Page 2 of 7    
MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 03:52am 05 Jan 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Mick, a slab of NanoMites is much appreciated and will be great to use in upcoming workshops. :) :)

If you want I can make that schematic black and white.

I use colors to distinguish types of signals. That helps also when I make a PCB as I will use the same colors. I can then see quickly if for instance the I2C lines are approximately the same length, don't run along other high frequency traces etc.

Microblocks. Build with logic.

kiiid

Guru

Posted: 04:05am 05 Jan 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mick, your schematic (especially in the way presented by TZA) is brilliant!
Would you allow me to copy it in a layout rework when I have some time, of course with all the credit going to you? I will publish my Altium files here, but probably won't make any actual boards from them because my current focus is elsewhere.

http://rittle.org

--------------

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 12:58pm 05 Jan 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi TZ,

TZAdvantage said   Thanks Mick, a slab of NanoMites is much appreciated and will be great to use in upcoming workshops. :) :)

Please PM or email me your address again and they will be in the post on their way for you.

TZAdvantage said   If you want I can make that schematic black and white.

I have had a good look at your Schematic again and I think I am moving towards your view and it does help clarify things..
I like it.

I have updated the manual with all corrections and your schematic and hopefully Don will update it on the site again soon.

Regards,

Mick

Edited by bigmik 2015-01-06
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 12:41am 17 Jan 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mick,

I received the 'slab' today.
It really makes you appreciate how small these are when you hold it in your hand.
Truly 'nano'. :)

Amazing! These are 36!! of them.

(Now have to order some SSOP's)Edited by TZAdvantage 2015-01-18

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 12:51am 17 Jan 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Tz,

Glad you like them..

It is the least I could do for the naming rights.

Wait till you have a built up unit to play with.. It is pretty awesome to behold.

The updated NanoMite manual with your schematic is on my 'site' link to my files in in my signature below.

Regards,

Mick

BobD

Guru

Posted: 01:05am 17 Jan 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmik said  
The updated NanoMite manual with your schematic is on my 'site' link to my files in in my signature below.

Mick
I could only find the old version schematic.
Bob

MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 01:16am 17 Jan 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bob,

This is the link to newest manual.

BobD

Guru

Posted: 01:53am 17 Jan 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Mick,
I did not go to the end of the document. Only to the first schematic.
Bob

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 02:11pm 17 Jan 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks TZ,

Sorry Bob, I was on the iPad and eyes drooping.. It is not the easiest to cut and paste links on the iPad so I took the cowards way out and pointed to the link to `my site' that Dontronics have generously donated.

I did get some `motherboards' for the Nm done but I have 2 LEDs swapped around. The order of Leds goes LED1, 2, 3 top row ... Led4, 6, 5 (5 and 6 swapped) which was a bummer. If you are desperate and want a couple I am happy to send you some. These will NOT be released as a `Mick-PCB' as I have redesigned the board to add a power LED (Most needed, as after using it, there was no indication of power which I didnt like) I have also fixed the order of LEDs and added support for WhiteWizards TTL module.

The two images are below

Prototype (The one I am offering now)

Production board

Note the production board will not be available for about 3 weeks, I am also going to put some effort into the silk screen overlay to try to make it less `cramped'.

Both boards are 49.5mm x 32mm.

Regards,

Mick

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 02:56pm 22 Mar 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

It has been a while since I announced the NanoMite Motherboard.

Well it is now available. I have priced these as follows:

$3AUD each for a bare PCB
$2AUD if purchased with a FULLY built NanoMite

Other options including presoldered SMD Cap and Vreg, or full kit of parts may be offered if there is any interest in them.

The Manual will be available later today when Don tears himself away from the joys of his luxury cruise ship (and gets some internet signal) under the following directory..

Micks FIles

Regards,

Mick

donmck

Guru

Posted: 04:46pm 22 Mar 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmik said   Hi All,

The Manual will be available later today when Don tears himself away from the joys of his luxury cruise ship (and gets some internet signal) under the following directory..

Micks FIles

Regards,

Mick

Files there now Mick.
Ship just swung on the anchor and pointed our room at Airlie Beach QLD, so our phone WiFi is now working fine. Satellite connection was very shaky at best. Not good for file transfers. :-)

Cheers Don...
https://www.32v8.com/1

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 02:17pm 26 Apr 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

My BackPack 170 is now available if anyone is interested.

The BackPack 170 is a piggy back module that puts a PIC32MX170F256B running MMBasic onto the back of a cheap 2.4" (or 2.8") TFT module. (with optional Touch screen).

These modules seem to be readilly available on eBay, (search for 2.4" SPI touch) for around $8AUD ($6US).

Full details can be found in the manual available from here.

BackPack 170

These following images are from TBS Forum where Peter released his work on the SPI 2.4" TFT Touch Modules, which is where I got the idea to create BackPack 170.

2.4" TFT Touch Module Message Thread

Initially, due to paying for DHL Shipping I have applied the following prices.. If I do another batch I will lower the single board price to $2each (and adjust the bulk and partial kit prices accordingly)

Option 1 Bare Board only ................................................ $3AUD
Option 1a 3x Bare Board only ............................................. $7AUD
Option 1b 6x Bare Board only ............................................. $12AUD
Option 2 Bare Board plus SMD Voltage Reg and SMD 47uF cap ............... $5AUD
Option 3 Bare Board plus SMD Voltage Reg and SMD 47uF cap Pre-soldered .. $8AUD
Option 4 Fully Built including Programmed Pic32MX170 .................... $15AUD

Pic32MX170 Pre-Programmed, (50MHz)........................................ $8AUD

If There is any interest Please Let me know via PM or email bigmick58@bigpond.com

Kind Regards,

Mick

PS.. Why are my pictures so HUGE all of a sudden?

MikEdited by bigmik 2015-04-28

palcal

Guru

Posted: 09:09pm 26 Apr 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Great board Mick, any chance of one for Peter's 3.2" display,to morrow will do.
Paul.Edited by palcal 2015-04-28
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 09:26pm 26 Apr 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Paul,

Sorry might have to wait a wee bit longer for the 3.2" as I believe they are parallel types...

I received my 2.8" TFT today but I haven't got time to test it till tomorrow..

The 2.8" isn't a bad size and if they prove as good as the 2.4" units and at only a few cents more expensive, they will probably become my 'first choice' .

Mick

palcal

Guru

Posted: 11:11am 27 Apr 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Actually 3.2 is a little large for what I want, didn't know about the 2.8" will have to get one and have a play.
Paul.
"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all"

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 10:11pm 28 Apr 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Paul, All,

Nothing more to say really...

2.8" works

Regards,

Mick

OA47

Guru

Posted: 08:07pm 29 Apr 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmik said   The 2.8" isn't a bad size and if they prove as good as the 2.4" units and at only a few cents more expensive, they will probably become my 'first choice'

Mick, how much did you end on paying for the 2.8 inch units?

palcal

Guru

Posted: 08:34pm 29 Apr 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I bought 2 on E-Bay for A$8.50 ea.
Paul.

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 08:38pm 29 Apr 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gday Graeme,

I paid $8.49AUD each for the 2.8" units..

eBay Link

I must say they seem a better unit than the 2.4" which are good in themselves. The touch screen seems more positive and feels `sort of rubbery' which has a good feel compared to the 2.4" which needs a harder press. The screen also looks nicer (deeper blacks and more vivid colours) although the 2.4" is also good.

I have just bought 3 more 2.8" screens as I love them. Anyone want to buy a few kilograms of LCD modules ??? (Just joking).

Now, after being queried by a TBS forum member, I have revisited the backlight control circuitry (which really was a difficult thing to get going) and it appears that the transistor WILL work in its `traditional' ACTIVE mode, where for some reason my tests failed initially which is why I resorted to the `Reverse Active' mode as that did (and still does) work perfectly.. I will write a more detailed description later but in the mean time the BC337 transistor can be rotated 180 degrees from the pattern silk screened on the PCB and it will still work with all the values as shown. I think that should be the correct method to install the BC337 but it will work and not be damaged with it the way it is is if you have already soldered it in.

Stay tuned.

Regards,

MickEdited by bigmik 2015-05-01

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 08:36pm 14 Jul 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

More Self promotion and blatant advertising.

I now have available MuP-TTL.

MuP-TTL is an FTDI based USB to TTL serial adapter on a small 19mm x 16mm (0.75" x 0.62") PCB. The picture makes it look huge but consider that is a mini-USB connector shown.

The pinout is designed to plug directly int either my MuP or BackPack170 boards.

Of course MuP-TTL can be used with basically any other uMite or micro board that requires a TTL Serial interface.

As MuP-TTL uses a Genuine FTDI chip there should be no problems with windows drivers and `fake chip deactivation' that many of the cheap `Chinese' clones out there use due to the fact MuP-TTL uses the FT231 chip instead of the, often pirated, inferior cloned, FT232RL chips that are generally used. Of course boards that have a genuine FT232RL chip are perfectly OK but the market is so flooded with fakes that it is no impossible to tell good from bad chips..

I have decided to offer MuP-TTL in the following configurations..

MuP-TTL
---------------

Option 1 Bare Board only ..... $1AUD
Option 1a 4x Bare Board only .. $3AUD
Option 1b 9x Bare Board only ...$6AUD
Option 2 Full kit ........... $8AUD ($7AUD QTY 3 or more)
Option 3 Fully Built ......... $12AUD (I will leave the female header unsolderered to fit into an envelope to minimise postage)

The Manual can be found Here

All of my other products and price lists can be found here

Kind Regards,

Mick

Edited by bigmik 2015-07-16

Page 2 of 7    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024