Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:19 15 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Micromite eXtreme: The PCB portfolio

Page 3 of 3    
enzo1965

Posted: 11:33am 30 Aug 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Many thanks for fast reply

geeken

Posted: 09:51am 03 Sep 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said   Graeme (OA47) has just had some boards made up to the MX144 V1.2 gerbers in the previous post and kindly sent me one. I moved the parts across from my original prototype and have fully tested the new layout. I'm happy to report that the V1.2 gerbers have no known errors in either the wiring or the silkscreening.

Note in the picture R37 and R38 are not installed. When using the through-hole 5V oscillator these make a potential divider on the output to reduce the signal to 3.3V for the PIC . I'm using the optional SMD 3.3V oscillator so these are not needed.

Links USBVBUS and USBID are made enabling a USB keyboard to be connected (Top right)

Hi Peter

Appreciate you producing MMX-144 v1.2 PCB's & having them made available.

What would be the changes over v1.1 - is there a change-spec doc or a back-of-serviette-list available anywhere ?

Or is it as "easy" as comparing the schematics and/or the gerbers ?

Ken

matherp
Guru

Posted: 09:56am 03 Sep 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  What would be the changes over v1.1

V1.1 has a through hole oscillator that is really only specced for 5V running at 3.3V. V1.2 has either a 3.3V SMD oscillator or a 5V through hole version operating properly at 5V with a voltage divider on the output driving the MZ

karjo238

Posted: 07:24am 04 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I would just like to ask one silly question - what type of plug is the Nunchuck controller? I am looking at purchasing one of these and converting my version of Missile Command to it (amongst other things), and want to hook up a joystick, but I'm not 100% certain as to what options I have.

Many thanks,

Joseph.

matherp
Guru

Posted: 07:51am 04 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  what type of plug is the Nunchuck controller?

Don't know the spec of the physical plug but the I/F is I2C.

Quote   I am looking at purchasing one of these and converting my version of Missile Command to it (amongst other things)

I would really recommend the Armmite H7 rather than the MMX. It has a 256 colour driver for the 800x480 display which allows a complete frame buffer to be kept in memory whilst leaving masses of memory still available for Sprite buffers etc.

It is also much cheaper (Nucleo-H743 + backpack PCB) and twice as fast. The only plus for the MMX is VGA. There are code compatible.Edited by matherp 2019-06-05

paceman
Guru

Posted: 12:01pm 04 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

karjo238 said   I would just like to ask one silly question - what type of plug is the Nunchuck controller? I am looking at purchasing one of these and converting my version of Missile Command to it (amongst other things), and want to hook up a joystick, but I'm not 100% certain as to what options I have.

As Peter says, interface is I2C and there is quite a bit of info on the forum, most going back to early 2012 and using the Maximite. Here's one link Nunchuck
Just do a normal forum search for "nunchuck" or as was occasionally mis-quoted "numchuck".

Greg

Page 3 of 3    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024