Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:08 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 software library in one place

Page 7 of 7    
epsilon

Posted: 09:49am 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,

Something to consider: Currently, when I release a new version of a tool I have to re-add the whole thing to CMM2.fun as if it's a completely new item, just to get the version number bumped.
Maybe an 'Edit Item' page would be a good idea.

Also, completely unrelated, but while I have your attention: I remember you posted how you set up your frequently used tools/programs on CMM2. I vaguely recall some symlink-like behavior. I can't find the original post. Can you remind me?
Epsilon CMM2 projects

thwill

Guru

Posted: 10:01am 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This?

http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTopic.php?FID=16&TID=12409

Best wishes,

Tom
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 10:15am 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Ruben,
  Quote  Something to consider: Currently, when I release a new version of a tool I have to re-add the whole thing to CMM2.fun as if it's a completely new item, just to get the version number bumped.
Maybe an 'Edit Item' page would be a good idea.
yes, I'm already trying to find easiest way, maybe I will just do edit with update version and optionally add new lines to description, maybe also change the link, it should be enough...

Quote  Also, completely unrelated, but while I have your attention: I remember you posted how you set up your frequently used tools/programs on CMM2. I vaguely recall some symlink-like behavior. I can't find the original post. Can you remind me?

I have one folder LINKs with one line BASIC programs, something like
SE.BAS
RUN "/JirSoft/SimplEd.BAS"
etc. Then I have set OPTION SEATCH PATH "/LINKs/", then I'm starting the program with *nc[enter], *se[ENTER]... But I don't use CL arguments.
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

epsilon

Posted: 10:59am 19 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  This?

http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTopic.php?FID=16&TID=12409

Best wishes,

Tom

Not the post I had in mind (I was not on TBS yet at that time), but exactly the contents I had in mind. Thanks Tom!

jirsoft said  
yes, I'm already trying to find easiest way, maybe I will just do edit with update version and optionally add new lines to description, maybe also change the link, it should be enough...

Great! Yes, I think that's fine.
Epsilon CMM2 projects

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 11:11am 23 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,
I have just updated CMM2.fun with new records: many programs from bar1010 and Vegipete. There are already 62 items from 27 authors, thanks to all!

Because of it, I have increased number of shown items in LAST button from 10 to 25, I'm also starting to look for way how to either go through pages or at least starting character... If anybody has one idea, just let me know.

I'm also try to find the easiest way to edit existing records without my cooperation, I still think it will be enough to update version, link and description, what do you mean?

I have also changed the way to add SMILE-POINT to your favourite item, to be easier to find mainly to new viewers.

Btw. I have found some basic issues with it, something I will fix, something is more uploader fault:
1. please fill all possible categories that are applicable (I have added for example EDUCATION to some), don't forget uncheck GENERAL, when not needed (this checkbox is preselected mainly to assure it will be no record without any category)
2. Please put direct link to the file (ZIP?), GitHub repository or similar, to be able to easy find the file. Links to files on TBS are good, but links to more pages chat are not helping to make it easy for user.
3. If you are linking you personal web pages, please consider also show back link to CMM2.fun there. If somebody goes direct to your page with CMM2 items, maybe will be nice to allow him/her easy find also other's content.

Enjoy and if you find some issues, just let me know. Help with programming is also welcomed...
Edited 2021-04-23 21:14 by jirsoft
Jiri

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 05:25pm 23 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,
updated CMM2.fun, now can be edited version, description and download link. New line in description is replaced by HTML tag, so it can be better formatted.

Jiri

thwill

Guru

Posted: 05:30pm 23 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,

It gets ever better.

I assume this doesn't cause an automatic update to the D/B, but sends you an "email" with updates for you to apply ?

Best wishes,

Tom

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 05:37pm 23 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Tom,
I tried it direct into DB, but I'm changing it to update in shadow DB with email and waiting my approval...
Jiri

thwill

Guru

Posted: 05:46pm 23 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  Hi Tom,
I tried it direct into DB, but I'm changing it to update in shadow DB with email and waiting my approval...

Good ;-)

Quote  New line in description is replaced by HTML tag, so it can be better formatted.

I didn't understand this, or there is a bug because the description of Z-MIM contains a new line, but this isn't rendered on https://cmm2.fun/listApps.php?cat=3

Also would it be possible to allow us to edit the "Subtitle" ?

Best wishes,

Tom

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 06:48pm 23 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Tom,
the problem was that HTML is ignoring white spaces, so new line was skipped. Now if you will try the new UPDATE function, you can add new lines as you wish and it will be replaced internally with HTML tags (<br>), so it should look as you expected.

Is editing of subtitle needed? I can do it, but it will take time again and I don't expect subtitle is usually changing, or? When yes, then I will prepare it together with screenshot change, but it will take more time, because of swapping image file...
Jiri

epsilon

Posted: 08:04pm 23 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Excellent! Another great step forward Jiri.

If I want to change the screenshot of an existing program, I can still do that by submitting it as a new item, correct?
Epsilon CMM2 projects

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 08:34pm 23 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Ruben,
yes, it's still possible. You don't have to fill all the fields, it's OK if you fill TITLE, LINK ('http://' is enough), the right SCREENSHOT and you as AUTHOR. I will then put it into DB. But I will prepare screenshot change anyway, because I think this could be changed with version progress...
Jiri

Page 7 of 7    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024