Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:45 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Time for a new Warpinverter build

Page 10 of 10    
wiseguy

Guru

Posted: 12:09am 14 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Roger thats both hilarious and worrying at the same time. I always suspected toroidal manufacturing was an exacting precision art.

It also makes you wonder if someone woke up and was missing their colourbond fence overnight that had been removed & then cut into narrow strips and repurposed......
If at first you dont succeed, I suggest you avoid sky diving....
Cheers Mike

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 02:38am 14 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The Asians are positively high tech state of the art, compared to what goes on in Africa....

Why even bother with a welding transformer anyway ?
(Do NOT try this at home)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTJKksnurS0
Edited 2021-04-14 12:55 by Warpspeed
Cheers,  Tony.

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 10:32am 14 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

wiseguy said  Roger thats both hilarious and worrying at the same time. I always suspected toroidal manufacturing was an exacting precision art.

It also makes you wonder if someone woke up and was missing their colourbond fence overnight that had been removed & then cut into narrow strips and repurposed......

Haha, heah. I noticed one piece had a quarter inch step on one side. Very roughly cut.

I was just as worried about the saw blade. I suppose it was being used as a washer but I reckon I could have found something a little safer.

He did make quite an effort to make it tight so full marks there.

Warpspeed said  The Asians are positively high tech state of the art, compared to what goes on in Africa....

Why even bother with a welding transformer anyway ?
(Do NOT try this at home)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTJKksnurS0

That transformer looks like it belongs out the back of the Ettamogah Pub. Certainly fell off the back of a truck.

I don't think the home welder has a future. Anyone using one probably wont have much of a future either  ...  and those guys, very poor eyesight.
Cheers,  Roger

Page 10 of 10    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024