Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:56 07 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Experimental sinewave inverter designs

Page 7 of 7    
Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 07:53am 01 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

LadyN

'tinyt' is working on the OzInverter schematics at this moment.

I had a look through his thread, the OzInverter schematics were at the beginning, after them 'tinyt' went down other routes, and even got to Nano drive systems.

Inverter Building is addictive, "it so sucks you in. Once you have done one, you just got to do another".

Everything is possible, just give me time.

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

LadyN

Guru

Posted: 06:04pm 01 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Clockmanfr said  Inverter Building is addictive, "it so sucks you in. Once you have done one, you just got to do another".

I am pretty sure I WILL get addicted!

Which brings me to your book which I think is a wonderful source.

I now request you to reconsider offering a PDF of your excellent work.

To absolutely remove the possibility of copy paste you can make your PDF so that it saves the content as images so text cannot be copied.

So the text is the same as pictures just like a scan.

That way there will be no difference between someone scanning in your physical copy versus your original PDF.

If you are concerned about someone stealing your book, they can always buy one copy and scan it.

Right?

The benefit for you with the PDF is that you won't have to worry about these things like printer toner, paper, binding, shipping and so on.

By the time you're done writing your book on your computer, you're ready to publish!

It's also way way more convenient for the reader who can read your content on a computer, iPad, phone or TV.

They also get the book immediately over email instead of having to wait for weeks and possibly dealing with customs or even getting the book delayed further or lost in the mail.

There could also be people who don't want to enter their home address on a website online but won't be concerned giving you their email to get a PDF.

I looked into the high quality work you have done and it's apparent it needs more people to look at it and gain from it

From the effort and materials you put into printing the book it seems to me you're selling it below cost that shows your dedication to this project. With selling a PDF you can not only sell it at a lower price but all of it would be pure profit from which you can recover some of the costs of the physical book.

You can email them updates to the book. It will be a lot of overhead to ship them a few pages.

At the minimum, your work deserves more readers and I think the shipping costs, sharing personal residence address etc over the internet is really holding back a lot of readers.

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 08:26pm 01 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

LadyN said  
If you are concerned about someone stealing your book, they can always buy one copy and scan it.

Right?

If they buy and scan it, well that's up to them.

Here is my family Web site, nothing special but it has the Paypal links for purchasing the first edition.

https://levivray.com/new-book--make-a-6kw-inverter.php

The second edition will be a new book so I will give it a New ISBN Number, I hold and have 8 registered ISBN numbers.
I register the new book with page counts, photo counts, and Photo's of the front and rear cover and the inside the front/first page and all the other stuff required. Then about a week later all the information appears on the World Wide ISBN Data base.

At present I have a well known publisher pushing for me to do a 'How To Do' book on my Micro Engineering professional work, they want to pay me up front, crazy! One day!.
As I keep saying, 'Everything is possible just give me Time'.

In Europe we have printers that will do small batches at reasonable prices, so I never keep a large stock. Same with the 3 PCB's I supply, I just keep a small stock, yep! they are made in China.

Edited by Clockmanfr 2019-02-03

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 08:49pm 01 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Clockmanfr said   Sorry Warpspeed for messing up your thread.

Tinyt,

Obvoiusly you are 4 FETs with 4008.
I have checked the 2nd and 3rd schematic you originally posted. Both seem okay... for the power board I will put a note that 'check the IDC cable is correct' and probably those 2 10nf 250v suppression caps that go to the boards fixing holes.

The control board needs those decouples 10uf and 100n caps, bypass/alongside the 1k resistor that comes from the ON/off switch to ground. Pin 6 is super sensitive to switch contact bounce, and the cable sensitive to other nearby cables and can/could pick up parasitic's.

Here is the OzControl board for the US at 60HZ.

2019-01-31_203046_60hzOzCntl15.pdf

and the etch masks and silk screen...

2019-01-31_203942_No260hzOzCntrl.pdf

LOL
Clockman. the boards I bought from you didn't have those caps for the on off switch.
The only reason you found out about it (and later added it to your boards) was when I sent my unit to Oz on Flinders Island to find out why the bloody thing didn't work.
It was his alterations that got the thing running. (thanks again Oz)

That was a good one Clockman, when I was reading that I just took a sip of coffee and nearly sprayed it all over the screen and keyboard. LOL

Sorry for getting your thread even more off topic Warp

Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

LadyN

Guru

Posted: 09:16pm 01 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

At tuition class we have some math (algebra) texbooks we have to buy. They cost $70 each on Amazon. They are hardbound and come in good quality paper.

A fellow student of ours who has family back in Sri Lanka purchases a much lower quality version of the same texbook.

It's a paperback and the pages are like newspaper. Cost $3 each.

Same content. Same equations.

However, the cost to ship each $3 book is $20.

$20 to ship a $3 book. It's still cheaper than the $70 one over Amazon though.

My point is that you are losing a lot of money and time (=money) in handling this book over traditional print media.

The amount of time you are putting behind printing these things, grabbing supplies, driving to get supplies, driving to drop them off at the post office seems like a huge overhead to me.

You could have been doing more experiments during that time.

Even if this overhead was of no consequence to you, think of the large shipping fees your readers are having to pay.

This money does not go to you and neither does it benefit your reader. It's just money lost to the overhead in the system.

Let's assume the shipping fees from your house to mine is $20. If I could buy the ebook from you at even the SAME price as your print book, I save $20. Lets forget that you did not have to print, bind and package the book saving a lot of time and supplies

$20, is a lot of parts I can use to build the wonderful inverter in your book.

This is what my suggestion is: for the second edition, atleast try a test run of just ebooks and compare how the response is to that compared to the print.

You have the power to offer readers a superior product at a vastly reduced price.

You have 0 overhead in offering the ebook and you still continue to offer the print media to those who desire it as usual, so nothing changes.

tinyt
Guru

Posted: 11:00pm 01 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Clockmanfr said   Sorry Warpspeed for messing up your thread.

Tinyt,

Obvoiusly you are 4 FETs with 4008.
I have checked the 2nd and 3rd schematic you originally posted. Both seem okay... for the power board I will put a note that 'check the IDC cable is correct' and probably those 2 10nf 250v suppression caps that go to the boards fixing holes.

The control board needs those decouples 10uf and 100n caps, bypass/alongside the 1k resistor that comes from the ON/off switch to ground. Pin 6 is super sensitive to switch contact bounce, and the cable sensitive to other nearby cables and can/could pick up parasitic's.

Here is the OzControl board for the US at 60HZ.

2019-01-31_203046_60hzOzCntl15.pdf
and the etch masks and silk screen...

2019-01-31_203942_No260hzOzCntrl.pdf

Warp, sorry also, I don't know where to place my response to this. But here it is.

2019-02-02_090652_ClockmanFr_OzCntl_Schematic.pdf
I hope I did not make any mistakes. I also took the liberty of adding JP1 and JP2 to select 50/60Hz.

Edited by tinyt 2019-02-03

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 07:29am 02 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

tinyt,

Thank you for the control board schematic, and the 50HZ/60HZ jumper arrangement.

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 07:36am 02 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Mark,

That's why I need to be extremely specific with the 2nd Edition, and add in things like 'what if' scenario.

Edited by Clockmanfr 2019-02-03

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 07:52am 02 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

LadyN,

Once the 2nd edition is published and registered, that's it.

I am constantly informed that, in the real World there is little call for book like 'How to make a 6kW OzInverter', so, I will be published and be dammed.

Seems to me that in this day and age, folk that design and make stuff are constantly ridiculed anyway.

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 09:40am 02 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Clockman, could you confirm how much of the Ozinverter you designed?
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 10:36am 02 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Why?

Please define design.

Sorry Mark. I will not argue with you or get involved with one of your arguments.

My apologies to 'Warpspeed' for deviating on this Topic.

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 08:52pm 02 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I just like to know what the facts are, I thought it was a pretty simple question.
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

nickskethisniks
Guru

Posted: 11:37am 04 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

renewableMark said   I just like to know what the facts are, I thought it was a pretty simple question.

Why? Are you gonna ask Oz how much is Chinese or came straight from the data-sheet of the eg8010?

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 08:33pm 04 Feb 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This could go on for weeks.
I think we have messed up Warp's thread enough, if you want to keep this conversation going someone can start a different thread or PM.
(I'm happy to reply to questions directed at me, not avoiding this one, just not the place).
Lets leave this thread alone now hey.
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

Page 7 of 7    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024