Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:18 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : 150V 45A MPPT - roll your own

Page 23 of 50    
Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 05:19am 27 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A useful way of working out what will fit is the "circles within circles" on line calculator.
https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/smaller-circles-in-larger-circle-d_1849.html

For fifty amps, 10mm square copper area would be about right. I would guess that would be about 6mm diameter over the plastic, for single insulated cable ??

Diameter of the hole is 78.2mm
Estimated diameter of wire 6mm ??
Using the above magic software, in a perfect world 130 turns should be theoretically possible.
Cheers,  Tony.

poida

Guru

Posted: 07:59am 27 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

SYM-1 said  

Sorry I can’t measure the inductance.

No sweat, you can still work out the inductance by using the inductor you make and measuring things with the oscilloscope.

Here is inductor of an unknown value (I know it already but anyway..)

I have it in the converter board, running at 2000W output.
Input voltage 106.6V
Output voltage 48.8V
pwm width 23.1uS
current sensor trace shows a 0.280V difference from start of pwm pulse
to end of pulse. At 0.0197V/Amp this means 14.2 Amps

See the DSO capture, it shows the nice linear current increase during the period
of the pwm switch ON event.
Yellow is current sensor output, Light Blue is pwm

Now, from the fundamental inductance equation
L (inductance in Henries) = (difference in Volts) * (difference in time) / current
we have
L = ( (106.6 - 48.8) Volts * 23.1/1,000,000 Seconds ) / 14.2 Amps

Important to note that the voltage the inductor sees is the output voltage subtracted
from the input voltage. (It is a Buck Converter when it's all said and done and that is what the inductor is exposed to)

So L = 57.8 x 23.1E-6/14.2 = 94 E-6 or 94 uH

Let's see what the AUD $500 BK Precision model 879B LCR meter says..
99.36uH when measured at 10kHz

This is close enough for government work (as AvE might say)

The testing done in the converter is the best test we can do. It includes the effects
of the DC current passing through the inductor and the effect of this current is not to be ignored.

I suspect the small difference in values can be due to the about 30 Amp current DC flowing through the inductor, probably bringing down the Al value down a bit.
The LCR meter tests components with zero DC current injected into the test.

Also, I could have increased the Yellow channel gain, to give a bigger trace to measure, and so get a bit better accuracy.

I keep saying, it's real world inductance we need. Not so important what the LCR meter tells us, but for sure, the meter is a great guide for a start point.
This is why the test program I posted earlier has value. We can develop a clear image of the worth of the inductors we make for this particular application.
Edited 2020-06-27 18:05 by poida
wronger than a phone book full of wrong phone numbers

nickskethisniks
Guru

Posted: 08:30pm 27 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A little bit off topic.

But since I want to order some toroids to experiment with, I also want to buy some toroids for making small transformers for my active battery balance system. This way I save some transport costs.

But if I do some calculation, I need to have a lot of turns for having low core losses. Probably because of the distributed airgap, I'm right to say those micrometal iron powders cores are not really suitable for making little transformers? (I’m talking about +/-50khz)
I need to look at soft ferrite cores and not iron powder cores for that purpose?

On topic again,
I’ve spended quite some time this afternoon reading up about core materials and stuff and wanted to post some questions, but I’ve just reread Warpspeed his post and made some calculations myself, I now understand more about inductors in general.
One thing I couldn’t find was what the recommended flux density was for those iron powdered cores. And that’s actually something very important, what I could find on the micrometals site under the 26 material was for 100khz and 140 gauss a power loss of 83mW/cm³ nom, 95mW/cm³ max, that would be between 350 and 400 gauss for 20khz.

datasheet 26 mix

It will heavily depend on temperature, active cooling, the amount of windings, etc ( and frequency), so although the material itself before completely saturated @ 13800 gauss, the recommend continuous flux density is only less then 400gauss for 20khz? So soft ferrites will perform the same or better @ high loads, but don’t have that “soft saturation” curve. I see now why they are used a lot for buck or boost regulators.

Looking back at your post Warpspeed, apparantly I don't understand everything, why don't you use N = (Erms *10^8)/ (4.44*A*B*f) ?

This is the post I will copy to my Onenote account where I started to save my project notes:

Warpspeed said  Just had another look at that T400-26D core, and it might actually work, here is my reasoning:

Assume 20Khz switching frequency (50uS)
Turn on time 16.67uS with 100v across choke (solar minus battery volts) = 1,667 v/uS
Turn off time 33.3uS with 50v across the choke (battery volts) = 1,667 v/uS

We normalise that to 50% duty cycle 25uS on, 25uS off   1,667/25 us = 67 volts.

From "red column" core loss it recommends about 90mW/Cm cubed max design core loss.

From the loss curves at upper right, 90mW/Cm crosses the 25Khz line at about 350 Gauss.
There is no 20Khz line, but its going to be pretty close.

Now we can work out our minimum turns requirement to reach 350 Gauss at 67 volts and 20Khz.

N min = 67 x 25uS divided by .035T x 685 mm squared core cross section = 69.9 turns.
So we must use at least 70 turns to satisfy the ac loss requirement.

For 50 amps we need 12.5mm squared wire (4mm diameter).
Our toroid hole is 56mm, and theoretically 149 turns would fit with zero allowance for insulation.
Seventy turns plus insulation should hopefully fit.

Initial inductance at zero dc current will be 70 turns x 70 turns x Al value of 262nH/turn. Comes out to 1.283 mH.

Now the dc part.
Magnetising current (H) = 0.4 x 3.142 (pi) x 70 turns x 50 amps divided by 25cm core effective length = 176 Orsteads.

Plotting 176 Orsteads on the magnetization curve we see about 15% of initial permeability.  So we have 1.283mH at zero current, and 1.283 x 0.15 = 192uH at 50 amps.

That is rather a nice result.  Its going to run pretty warm.

Ripple current I = 100v (turn on) x 16.67uS divided by 192 uH = 8.68 amps peak to peak (at 2.5Kw)

At very low power, the inductance rises to something approaching 1.283 mH.
Ripple current I = 100v x 16.67uS divided by 1,283 uH  = 1.3 amps peak to peak.

So with luck its going to run in continuous mode down to around 1.3 amps dc (65 watts)

The figures are a bit wobbly, but should turn out fairly close.

Edited 2020-06-28 06:49 by nickskethisniks

SYM-1

Posted: 08:55pm 27 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am having trouble measuring the current swing on my old CRT scope.  I am using a shunt to measure current rather than a hall effect device and I get way too much 50Hz hum.  Also I am dumping current into LifePO4 batteries.  Maybe that has an effect.   I must do another trial with a resistor.  According to calculation I have about 40uH on my inductor so if I keep my voltage swing to 20V or less I should still be able to do some experiments.
Persistence is the key

nickskethisniks
Guru

Posted: 09:30pm 27 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Maybe you can add a small rc filter?

I don't know what value you are using, but maybe try one with higher resistance.

You can also make a current transformer, if you have another small toroid. Just put a lot of turns on it and load it with a resistor.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 11:30pm 27 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

nickskethisniks said  Probably because of the distributed airgap, I'm right to say those micrometal iron powders cores are not really suitable for making little transformers?

Ferrite is definitely the material of choice for a high frequency transformer, or an inductor where there is no dc bias. Vastly lower high frequency losses in the core, and the greater permeability of ferrite will produce higher inductance per turn, and produce a much cleaner flatter square wave. So you can get excellent results in a transformer with far fewer turns on ferrite.

Powdered iron is much more useful for dc chokes (or sometimes flyback supplies) basically anything that carries a lot of heavy dc current and would normally require a very large air gap. Its extremely lossy though, and temperature rise of the core needs serious consideration.
But for dc, powdered iron or steel is King. Ferrite starts to fall on its face above about 330 Gauss, powdered iron goes to at least 10,000 Gauss, possibly 20,000 Gauss before saturation.  Its just no contest for a high powered dc choke application.

One thing I couldn’t find was what the recommended flux density was for those iron powdered cores. And that’s actually something very important, what I could find on the micrometals site under the 26 material was for 100khz and 140 gauss a power loss of 83mW/cm³ nom, 95mW/cm³ max, that would be between 350 and 400 gauss for 20khz.

The total flux in the core depends on both the dc component, and the ac component that add directly. The ac and dc parts are worked out quite independently using very different methods. Powdered iron has a very high saturation level, about the same as steel, its enormous. The ac capability is very small, the core losses are so high that temperature rise becomes the biggest factor.

The result is, when working out the dc part of the design (amps, turns, and inductance) we can completely ignore the ac part. Its just a tiny ripple on top of the huge dc component.
Just calculate the mmf in Orsteads for the particular core, and you can read the percent drop off in initial Al value from the magnetisation curve, and calculate inductance from that.  
I don't know what the actual flux is, its going to be pretty high, 10,000 Gauss possibly up to 20,000 Gauss for some materials. No real need to know.

The ac part of it is exactly the same as for transformer calculations using Faraday's law.
Its frequency, number of turns, core cross sectional area, and voltage. From that you can work out the ac flux swing, and the core loss per unit volume.

Its exactly as you stated N = (Erms *10^8)/ (4.44*A*B*f)

The allowable ac swing might be only 100 or 200 Gauss for example, and the DC part 10,000 or 20,000 Gauss. Only the ac part produces core heating, and its so small compared to the dc part we can completely ignore it when doing the dc part of the design.

Quote  Looking back at your post Warpspeed, apparantly I don't understand everything, why don't you use N = (Erms *10^8)/ (4.44*A*B*f) ?

You can do it that way, but that formula requires an rms voltage.
If instead we use the more convenient volt microseconds, that figure can sometimes be more directly applied to published data.

On page 24 we have core loss data for -26 material.  
Its presented both ways.
On the left we have core loss in Milliwatts per cm cubed versus flux swing in Gauss. But how hot is that ?
On the right we have a table which tells you how many volt microseconds per turn at a particular frequency gives a 15 Celsius core rise for different sized cores. Its a bit rough and ready, but we don't really need to calculate temperature rise precisely, just a rough indicator, warm, hot, impossibly hot...
Cheers,  Tony.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 12:15am 28 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

SYM-1 said  I am having trouble measuring the current swing on my old CRT scope.  I am using a shunt to measure current rather than a hall effect device and I get way too much 50Hz hum.  Also I am dumping current into LifePO4 batteries.  Maybe that has an effect.   I must do another trial with a resistor.  According to calculation I have about 40uH on my inductor so if I keep my voltage swing to 20V or less I should still be able to do some experiments.

Shunts are o/k for voltmeters and ammeters because the very low millivolt amplitude output can be very heavily filtered.
For an oscilloscope, where you wish to see the actual current waveform, its going to be buried in noise and be pretty much unusable no matter what you do.

A hall sensor is a much better approach, especially where there is combined dc and ac, and you need voltage isolation.

If its just ac only, a current transformer works quite well with an oscilloscope, but for a project like this, a Hall sensor is really the only thing that is going to give you a relatively clean and usable signal.
Cheers,  Tony.

poida

Guru

Posted: 01:46am 28 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Another way to measure inductance is to determine impedance.
How to do this?
(from the BK Precision pdf on using LCR meters)
You need a 2 channel CRO or DSO and a function generator.

Then do this:

It works just as well when you test an inductor instead of a capacitor.

Any transformer will do, I used a 12V 1Amp from a wall wart when I first did this
at work. This time I used a large switching PS tranny.
FunGen settings:
6V peak to peak output, this is not important.
10kHz sine output

And note, the purple trace, which is the voltage across the inductor
IS INVERTED.

We can see the two sine waves, the Purple sine is leading the Light Blue sine wave
in time.

Impedance is found from the good old V = IR, or R = V/I
In this test:
Resistor is 150.6 Ohms
Vr (voltage across this resistor) is 7.04V
Vi (voltage across the inductor) is 0.436V
10 kHz frequency, this means 100uSec period
leading phase angle = 24uS which means 24 / 100 * 360 = 86.4 degrees

Ir (current flowing through Resistor AND the inductor) = 7.04/150.6 = 0.0467 Amps

Z (impedance or the resistance of the inductor at this frequency) is
0.436 / 0.0467 = 9.3 Ohms @ 86.4 degrees

since Z = WL (where W = 2 x PI x frequency)
we can solve for L
L = Z / W = 9.3 / (2 x 3.142 x 10,000) = 148 uH

We didn't need the phase angle but it's useful for working out ESR and other things.

The LCR meter shows Z = 9.07 Ohms @ 87.8 degrees
and inductance as 144.34 uH

This is very much close enough for our purposes.

here is the high tech test setup that produced the above results

poida

Guru

Posted: 08:14am 28 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I was wondering if I could saturate the large Aerosharp Iron core.
I figured to put a lot more turns around it and test it in the standard test:

2000W
110V
1 Ohm load. approximately
20 kHz

27 turns and 258.2 uH
Surely that is too many turns.
The Amp.turns product must be too much now.

In 106.9V, 20.6A, 2202 W
Out 49.5V, 42.7A, 2113 W, 96% efficiency
Only about 6.3 Amp ripple. This is tiny for the kind of power
the board is dealing with.

And it did not saturate.
The winding for this was the 4.5mm2 pvc insulated PV roof top cable
I usually use for just about everything.

During the short test, the winding did get warm.
0.107 V at 6.15 Amps DC resistance test means
it's 0.107/6.15 Ohms or 17 milli Ohms
So there is at least 0.017 x 42.7 x 42.7 = 31 Watts lost in the winding.
Probably more when we allow for skin effect for the high frequency AC power.

This test was using the HY5110 MOSFET board. If I used the board that has
the better FDH055N15A MOSFETS I think it might be a little better again.

SYM-1

Posted: 08:22pm 28 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

For my 2 520-2 cores
67 x 25uS for volt microseconds
0.04T(from the chart)
And 524 x 2 mm2for 2 cores from page 13
Still 41 turns to satisfy ac loss requirement.
At the moment I have 19 turns of 2.3mm dia x3 wires
so if I drop the mS by half by going to 40kHz
And make my maximum voltage drop 48VDC
Say 72V down to 24V
I should be able to do some tests
Persistence is the key

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 10:16pm 28 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

poida said  I was wondering if I could saturate the large Aerosharp Iron core.
I figured to put a lot more turns around it and test it in the standard test:

You are definitely on the right track.
The saturation limit of steel (and powdered iron) is incredibly high compared to ferrite, but its very lossy.

Increasing the turns count does two things, it increases the ampere turns, and it also decreases the volts per turn.

So it pushes the dc flux level much higher, which steel can easily handle.
And the extra turns reduces the volts per turn, and that reduces the ac flux swing, and the ac losses.

If you look at the steel chokes typical in higher voltage grid tie inverters, there are usually two windings, each of two layers, and possibly twenty to twenty five turns per layer.
Total turns count might be in the region of eighty to one hundred turns.

These might supply a pwm inverter off a 200v to 250v dc rail at maybe ten amps.
There will only be about 2v to 3v per turn, a fairly large core cross section, and at 20Khz to 25Khz, the ac flux swing will be extremely small.

But the ampere turns will be enormous, perhaps 1,000 ampere turns on a steel choke like that.

Its a completely different design approach to using a ferrite choke which can stand a much higher ac flux swing, because the core losses of ferrite are extremely low. But too many extra turns on a ferrite core would require an impossibly large air gap to stay safely below saturation.

To get the best from powdered iron or steel in a choke application, its usual to see a far higher turns count than would be usual with a ferrite core.
Cheers,  Tony.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 11:04pm 28 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

SYM-1 said  For my 2 520-2 cores
67 x 25uS for volt microseconds
0.04T(from the chart)
And 524 x 2 mm2for 2 cores from page 13
Still 41 turns to satisfy ac loss requirement.
At the moment I have 19 turns of 2.3mm dia x3 wires
so if I drop the mS by half by going to 40kHz
And make my maximum voltage drop 48VDC
Say 72V down to 24V
I should be able to do some tests

See how that goes.
Its really all about safe temperature rise. Losses in the wire go up square law with current. If there is plenty of sunshine, losing a few watts is no big deal. When the sky is grey and horrible, and solar is minimal, copper losses will shrink to insignificance.

Core losses however, will be there all the time, even at zero load.
Cheers,  Tony.

poida

Guru

Posted: 03:55am 29 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I just tested the little choke, from inside the Aerosharp.
Some inverters have two of these inside.

It's marked 2.45mH and it's good for 10 Amps.
The LCR meter agreed it was 2.45mH. I took off 3/4 of the turns,
so I would expect 1/16th inductance.
2.45/16 = 153uH. The LCR says it's 188uH. Whatever, probably bumbled
the removal of turns.

Standard test:
110 V in
2000W
1 Ohm load
20kHz pwm

In 108.9V, 20.0A, 2178W
Out 49.9V, 42.5A, 2120W, 97.4% efficient.
Wow.
6.3A ripple
The winding gets rather hot fairly quickly.
23 turns or 3.6mm2 solid conductor copper, enamel coated.

The core dimensions
41mm wide x 84mm long x 35mm high

No saturation at all. Here it is at 2500W or so

Very straight line for the Yellow (inductor current) trace.

I did not believe my measurements so I repeated the 2kW test.
Again similar results.

This core would be ideal for light duty versions of the mppt controller.
For instance my East facing roof top array that never delivers more than 1200W or so
due to the timing of when the North facing array chimes into full power.

Onward and upward.

Here is the first version of the mppt code I feel ready to share.
NTC voltage to temperature not fully tested yet.

mpptv4_24-6-20_NTC_works_well.zip

I am running the East facing array with a prototype mppt running this code.
There are no NTC thermistors used in that build.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 04:29am 29 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Peter, if you have another of those chokes, separate the two windings and place them in parallel instead of in series.

You will then have half the original turns, should be a quarter the inductance about 612uH. That should produce a ripple of around 1.5 amps. Peak current will be diminished everywhere, and efficiency should rise very slightly.

It should I expect reach at least 30 to 35 amps before it begins to saturate, possibly a tad more, it depends on the original air gap.

There will now be two parallel windings, and a quarter of the original dc resistance, and the full original exposed area to dissipate the heat. Twice 3.6mm2 should be good for 30 amps dc continuous, and that should fit in fairly well with the expected saturation limit.

Double check the phasing, but making diagonal connections that cross over should be correct if memory serves. Should be able to measure about 612uH before you power it up, just to make absolutely certain.

As many of us already have these weird steel chokes, there may finally be a practical use for them
Edited 2020-06-29 16:03 by Warpspeed
Cheers,  Tony.

nickskethisniks
Guru

Posted: 07:10am 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Maybe only suitable for European people over here, I found an EU based online shop for buying those C -cores, I didn't sent them an email but it looks like they can deliver those c-cores on demand. It's not very cheap, and there is a moq for goods not in stock. There are links to datasheets so the site is useful anyway.

C-cores

They do sell iron dust cores as well like the t400-26d, and prices are not that high a guess:
T400

Or anyone wants to buy this big boy?
T650

I don't have experience with this shop, but it looks like an interesting shop to find out.

poida

Guru

Posted: 07:43am 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  Peter, if you have another of those chokes, separate the two windings and place them in parallel instead of in series.

You will then have half the original turns, should be a quarter the inductance about 612uH. That should produce a ripple of around 1.5 amps. Peak current will be diminished everywhere, and efficiency should rise very slightly.

It should I expect reach at least 30 to 35 amps before it begins to saturate, possibly a tad more, it depends on the original air gap.

There will now be two parallel windings, and a quarter of the original dc resistance, and the full original exposed area to dissipate the heat. Twice 3.6mm2 should be good for 30 amps dc continuous, and that should fit in fairly well with the expected saturation limit.

Double check the phasing, but making diagonal connections that cross over should be correct if memory serves. Should be able to measure about 612uH before you power it up, just to make absolutely certain.

As many of us already have these weird steel chokes, there may finally be a practical use for them

I do have another one of these small chokes. So I did what you want.
I ended up with 600uH. About 1-2 turns for each side were lost when I cut the short joining part to give me a long enough bit to pair up with the the other.
No real problem at all.

I tried it again with the standard test
110V in
20kHz
1 Ohm load ( a new one, the previous one blew last night. We could see the warning signs: increasing resistance which means thinning of the steel wire due to rust.
The last test was when it was about 1.25 Ohms and the wire was very thin and rusted when I replaced it. ...I find this fun, maybe not others here, but anyway)

600uH small iron choke ex. Aerosharp
In 107.0V, 21.1A, 2258W
Out 44.7V, 49.0A, 2190W  97% efficient
8.3A ripple
It didn't get anywhere near as hot as the previous test but it still was getting warm.

There are clear signs we are near or within saturation even at 2kW
Yellow is inductor current, 0.2V/div and 0.0197V/Amp

and here it is with 2.3kW, clearly showing signs of saturation.
This is about 50 Amps.

Again I call this a good candidate for the project.
This test used the board with the 150V MOSFETS and so we get a little bit more
efficiency and a bit less heat.
I suspect the 100V HY5110 MOSFETS are exposed to voltages well in excess of the tested (by me) avalanche voltage of about 108V, and when they get these high voltages they just short it.

The efficiency values I have provided here are guides to confirm we are on the right track. Every test so far has better than 92%. The tests are meant to show the inductor's behaviour under typical high power levels. We can then give them a pass or fail depending if they saturate too badly. Also the tests show the importance of using a reasonably high inductance value, to give the output filter caps a good chance of working for more than a year by keeping ripple current down to OK levels.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 08:35am 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Fifty amps is really a bit much for it, thirty amps would probably be about the limit.

Its clearly well into the onset of saturation, with rapidly diminishing inductance, and its going to get really hot. Still, its been an interesting comparative experiment.

Two pairs of those "U" cores stacked, with about half the existing turns and thicker copper would get you back to 600uH and should be capable of perhaps sixty amps if you keep the same air gap.  Its going to be pretty big, but then 2.5Kw continuous is serious power.
Cheers,  Tony.

nickskethisniks
Guru

Posted: 01:10pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I found this one buy accident...

Swinging E70 core

And not even that expensive!
Edited 2020-07-01 23:10 by nickskethisniks

SYM-1

Posted: 08:10pm 01 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Or this one with a 2mm gap

https://www.semic.info/lj-e-6527-cf139-g-2-00-14/
Persistence is the key

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 02:57am 04 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK, i need help.. please..

I've assembled one of the boards, and have obviously missed something. it will do a " soft start " every 30 odd seconds but that's it. i know the current sensor is working as i have been using this to test everything

basic_pwm.zip

and its responding happily...

the only mods I've made outside of design is R6 is 470 ohms as i will eventually need it to accept closer to 200v if possible, which leads me to second change, K30T60 igbt's as main switching device.

ill post some pics when i can, input voltages are 53v and output is a small vla battery and 2 250w 24v lamps.. as a load.

this is a output of my settings :

A - max heat sink temp   100 degC
B - max inductor temp    150 degC
1 - Fan ON temp          50 degC
2 - Fan OFF temp         47 degC

C - cal. Input Volts     0.5408 ( 53.00 V)
D - cal. Output Volts    0.0133 ( 13.33 V)
E - cal. Input Amps      nan ( nan A)
F - cal. Output Amps     nan ( nan A)
G - zero Iin sensor      119 ADC counts
H - zero Iout sensor     118 ADC counts

I - Max battery Volts    100.00 Volts
J - Absorb voltage       61.00 Volts
K - Absorb tolerence     0.30 Volts

L - Maximum Current      500.00 Amps
M - Night power          20.00 Watts
N - Zero Energy total    0.00 kW.hr

O - Equalisation voltage 63.00 Volts
P - EQ duration          60.00 minutes
Q - EQ reset tolerance   1.00 Volts

R - Absorb duration      120.00 minutes
S - Float voltage        59.00 Volts
T - Float tolerence      0.50 Volts

U - fast OC enable       0 (ON = 1, OFF = 0)
V - pwm freq.            20 (20 or 40)

Y - Calibrate mode       0 (1 = ON, 0 = OFF)
Z - Write defaults        

no matter what i put in input / output amps they ether nan or inf, but i know both sensors are working.. oh the other change, both are 100amp models as its all i have.

thank you in advance, sorry for my stupidity
I think it works !!

Page 23 of 50    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024