Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:09 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Colour Maximite 2 Deluxe Edition with USB mouse support

Page 3 of 9    
siwypiotr

Posted: 11:30pm 28 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

toml_12953 said  
Are any more of these going to be available?

Hi

There are still 3 pcs left on stock if You are interested You can place order here:
https://sklep.pslabs.pl/Colour-Maximite-2-Deluxe-Edition-USB-Host-Contr-WiFi-p150/s_lang/en

Most probably I will order more but Im not sure if I will have them this year.

romba6

Posted: 09:58am 29 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If Yes that would be nice because i want to use (one of the half) as enclosure and it will sit perfect on the top of maximite.

It certainly looks like the correct manufacturer and dimensions. The plan you show may be the bottom half but I can't check that. The top cover has only the 2 fixing lugs along the horizontal centre.

siwypiotr

Posted: 09:55am 05 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Since so many people have been asking recently why I do not make more Maximites Deluxe I decided that production will be resumed.

Maximite 2 Deluxe Edition will be available again starting from 2020-12-14

Edited 2020-12-05 19:56 by siwypiotr

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 10:04am 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Piotr,
I have a few questions about the ESP in your CMM2:
1. How is connected ESP to the CMM2? Serial, I2C or SPI?
2. What FW is inside of ESP? Is somewhere source code? Or is it empty?
3. Can be ESP programmed and when yes, how? OTA?

Thanks
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

siwypiotr

Posted: 11:16am 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  Hi Piotr,
I have a few questions about the ESP in your CMM2:
1. How is connected ESP to the CMM2? Serial, I2C or SPI?
2. What FW is inside of ESP? Is somewhere source code? Or is it empty?
3. Can be ESP programmed and when yes, how? OTA?

Thanks

Good morning,

Answering to Your yestion:

1. Communication with module is done via Serial, and You can decide which com port to use by using jumpers. You can find out more here:
https://youtu.be/1I92Mn9QYp8

2. From now the ESP will be shipped Zimodem firmware.

3. Currently ESP can be flashed with new firmware using Serial adapter (OTA I have not tested), on the newest version of my Maximite which is in plan for January there will be no need for external adapter, this will be done using USB cable that You normally use for powering the Maximite

siwypiotr

Posted: 11:17am 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What can be more nostalgic than good old BBS? Christmas is coming, BBS brings memories from our childhood.
Thanks to Maximite 2 Deluxe with build in ESP module and great work of Jay Crutti who created MAXITERM software, Maximite fans can enjoy good old BBS during snowy nights!

Link to the YT video:
https://youtu.be/GTuryazwRq4

lew247

Guru

Posted: 11:26am 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

siwypiotr said  
Yesterday before going sleep something obvious came to me. Why there is no WiFi in Maximite?

Esp32 4GB with 4GB PSRAM would be a much better choice
and it has a much lower power consumption than the Esp8266
Also make the Esp32 programmable so other OS can be loaded like Annex RDS Wifi basic, Arduino etc
Edited 2020-12-09 21:28 by lew247

siwypiotr

Posted: 12:07pm 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

lew247 said  
Esp32 4GB with 4GB PSRAM would be a much better choice
and it has a much lower power consumption than the Esp8266
Also make the Esp32 programmable so other OS can be loaded like Annex RDS Wifi basic, Arduino etc

Maybe it is but I have found no reason to have it. Power consumption does not matter both of them consume very little. ESP01 draws more current in peaks occasionally, but it is enough to make proper calculation and install correct filtering caps and You will not notice the difference.

ESP01 is much cheaper, everyone has at least couple in drawer, if needed people can exchange it easily.

Most probably I will also consider to have Esp32, but not build in Maximite, it will be part of expansion system.

By the way what benefits do You seen to have other OS installed like Annex RDS?

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 12:35pm 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I agree with ESP01, in CMM2 is really used just as serial-WIFI converter and it doesn't make sense to use ESP32. And I played with Annex and it was at least for me not too much fun, yes Arduino IDE with C++ variant means some difficuilty mainly for BASIC only programmers, but at least can be developed for exacmple UDP communication (for me very important) and it should be one time process.
What for me is very important is OTA - I'm happy now, that thanks Npaoleon Commander I don't have to swap SD card because of exchange data with Mac and take out ESP because of programming is more complicated...
Jiri

siwypiotr

Posted: 01:15pm 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  
What for me is very important is OTA - I'm happy now, that thanks Npaoleon Commander I don't have to swap SD card because of exchange data with Mac and take out ESP because of programming is more complicated...

Correct me if Im wrong, OTA depends from firmware that is on the module? Do You have OTA part of firmware that works for You (most probably bootloader part)? I can try to compile it together with Zimodem part a test it.

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 02:56pm 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

siwypiotr said  
Correct me if Im wrong, OTA depends from firmware that is on the module? Do You have OTA part of firmware that works for You (most probably bootloader part)? I can try to compile it together with Zimodem part a test it.

Hi Piotr,
yes, you just need include OTA into project, call setup in your setup and then call OTA handle in loop... Here is example for Blink.

The Zimodem is this one? Thats wifi modem for C64 or?
This is good for simple serial-to-internet (BBS), but it's missing some useful parts. I think it would make sense to prepare some more advanced interface specific for CMM2. Another thing is to connect ESP some other way (faster, better?) - I2C or SPI. Serial port is nice but without HW handshake is not so perfect and the speed could also be better.
Jiri

siwypiotr

Posted: 03:15pm 09 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  
  siwypiotr said  
The Zimodem is this one? Thats wifi modem for C64 or?
This is good for simple serial-to-internet (BBS), but it's missing some useful parts. I think it would make sense to prepare some more advanced interface specific for CMM2. Another thing is to connect ESP some other way (faster, better?) - I2C or SPI. Serial port is nice but without HW handshake is not so perfect and the speed could also be better.

Ok, but what firmware is it using ?

siwypiotr

Posted: 05:41pm 12 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have found that Maximite popularity in Poland is very low. I hope that thanks to Jakub Rzepecki from RetroGralnia YT channel this will change soon!

https://youtu.be/pTVEIDRcWQ4

siwypiotr

Posted: 02:29pm 13 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

After fulfilling all preorders, there is small quantity of Maximite 2 Deluxe left. If anyone is interested You can visit my online shop Im shipping worldwide next day from order.

https://sklep.pslabs.pl/Colour-Maximite-2-Deluxe-Edition-USB-Host-Contr-WiFi-p150/s_lang/en
Edited 2020-12-14 00:42 by siwypiotr

George H

Posted: 12:37am 14 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I wonder if there could be another shipping option. I'd like to get one from you but the shipping to the US comes to over $57 USD.  That puts the cost of the unit to over $237 to my door.  I don't mind your price but the shipping seems high.

-George
Edited 2020-12-14 10:37 by George H

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 01:35am 14 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

George H said  I wonder if there could be another shipping option. I'd like to get one from you but the shipping to the US comes to over $57 USD.  That puts the cost of the unit to over $237 to my door.  I don't mind your price but the shipping seems high.

-George

The RetroMax is another option. Ships from the U.S.

CircuitGizmos RetroMax
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

Holger

Posted: 05:53am 14 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a "standard" CMM2, but bought myself a CMM2 Deluxe for x-mas, as I found the deluxe part very attractive.

The three nunchuck connectors should ease multi-player setups and as I got the required chip with it, the mouse-port works like a charm.

It was very hard to repack it after those initial tests and  Look forward to Boxing Day and explore it further.

Big thanks to siwypiotr for ultra fast support, when I had questions during test-install.

siwypiotr

Posted: 06:04am 14 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

George H said  I wonder if there could be another shipping option. I'd like to get one from you but the shipping to the US comes to over $57 USD.  That puts the cost of the unit to over $237 to my door.  I don't mind your price but the shipping seems high.

-George

For shipping to USA I use Fedex and I do not earn on shipping, this is the price I pay them to ship to USA. I can find cheaper options but Im not sure If You will be interested. There is possibility to ship it by normal Post Office. Unfortunately this will not give tracking nor insurance, delivery time will be also very long.

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 06:07am 14 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

There is no option to send to Australia?

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

siwypiotr

Posted: 06:08am 14 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Holger said  I have a "standard" CMM2, but bought myself a CMM2 Deluxe for x-mas, as I found the deluxe part very attractive.

The three nunchuck connectors should ease multi-player setups and as I got the required chip with it, the mouse-port works like a charm.

It was very hard to repack it after those initial tests and  Look forward to Boxing Day and explore it further.

Big thanks to siwypiotr for ultra fast support, when I had questions during test-install.

Im very happy to hear that You are satisfied from delivery and support. I agree packing it back is not easy task, I take special care to make the packing "idiot courier proof" :)
Edited 2020-12-14 16:09 by siwypiotr

Page 3 of 9    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024