Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:00 11 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Colour Maximite 2 Deluxe Edition with USB mouse support

Page 4 of 9    
Holger

Posted: 05:22pm 14 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

siwypiotr said  
Im very happy to hear that You are satisfied from delivery and support. I agree packing it back is not easy task, I take special care to make the packing "idiot courier proof" :)

It wasn't so much the space in the box, but the waiting time until x-mas.  

But I can practice with a "humble" (non-deluxe) CMM2.  

George H

Posted: 06:35pm 14 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CircuitGizmos said  
  George H said  I wonder if there could be another shipping option. I'd like to get one from you but the shipping to the US comes to over $57 USD.  That puts the cost of the unit to over $237 to my door.  I don't mind your price but the shipping seems high.

-George

The RetroMax is another option. Ships from the U.S.

CircuitGizmos RetroMax

Had not seen that - I already have the CMM2 from you.  I'll check it out.

-G

siwypiotr

Posted: 08:44pm 14 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Turbo46 said  There is no option to send to Australia?

Bill

Sorry my mistake, Australia is now available.

siwypiotr

Posted: 05:38pm 15 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank You Geoff Graham for placing link to my Maximite Deluxe on Your web page!

weirdocollector

Posted: 08:01pm 15 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just received my CMM2 Deluxe  

How do I update the firmware (the new version has just been released) ?

Do I have to connect the CMM2 Deluxe via the USB Power cable to the PC running STM32Cube Programmer and press (or keep pressed?) the FLASH button ?

Thanks for any help.
Edited 2020-12-16 06:04 by weirdocollector

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 09:28pm 15 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  How do I update the firmware (the new version has just been released) ?

Have you read Appendix G of the user manual? Do you you have a USB A to USB A cable or only a USB A to USB B cable?

You can use the UPDATE FIRMWARE command instead of opening the case.

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

weirdocollector

Posted: 09:41pm 15 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Turbo46 said  
  Quote  How do I update the firmware (the new version has just been released) ?

Have you read Appendix G of the user manual? Do you you have a USB A to USB A cable or only a USB A to USB B cable?

You can use the UPDATE FIRMWARE command instead of opening the case.

Bill

Yes, but the Deluxe version has a FLASH button that I'm assuming is to be used to flash the firmware.

How do I use it?

Should I have to use the AA cable?

Thanks for any help.
Edited 2020-12-16 07:42 by weirdocollector

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 10:46pm 15 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  Should I have to use the AA cable?

No, not if you don't have one although it is quicker. Connect the CMM2 to the computer using the A to B USB cable and use the 'Alternative Method' in the manual. I'm not sure about the FLASH button on that board - just use the UPDATE FIRMWARE command instead.

Bill

Edit: Best not listen to me. I tried the Alternative Method and failed. It lost the connection to the USB somehow although it was always plugged in? I had to go back and start again using the programming links. My board is a non-Waveshare board by Grogster. All good now.

Piotr would be the best one to ask.
Edited 2020-12-16 13:10 by Turbo46
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

siwypiotr

Posted: 05:35am 16 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

weirdocollector said  Just received my CMM2 Deluxe  

How do I update the firmware (the new version has just been released) ?

Do I have to connect the CMM2 Deluxe via the USB Power cable to the PC running STM32Cube Programmer and press (or keep pressed?) the FLASH button ?

Thanks for any help.

If You want to use power cable in general most of the steps have to be done accordingly to what is described in Alternative method on page 120:
https://geoffg.net/Downloads/Maximite/Colour_Maximite_2_User_Manual.pdf

Thanks to additional Flash button there is no need to open the cover for flashing

To flash the unit You have to:

1. Connect the power cable to the unit and PC
2. STM32Cube programmer choose correct COM port number
3. Hold FLASH button
4. Press RESET button, while still holding FLASH button
5. As fast as possible press Connect in the software, while still holding FLASH button:

In that moment STM32Cube programmer should connect to bootloader and You can continue to update the unit accordingly to user manual, You can release FLASH button now.

If You have USB-A to USB-A cable, the steps will be the same but speed of flashing will be lightning fast comparing to previous method. USB A has to be connected to Keyboard port not mouse! Power cable should be disconnected in that case.

Because new flash corruption checks have been introduced in newest firmware, You have to remember to input correct date. If date before 2018 is given, unit will reboot to setting screen again!

Edited 2020-12-16 17:26 by siwypiotr

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 11:28am 18 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

siwypiotr said  

After fulfilling all preorders, there is small quantity of Maximite 2 Deluxe left. If anyone is interested You can visit my online shop Im shipping worldwide next day from order.

https://sklep.pslabs.pl/Colour-Maximite-2-Deluxe-Edition-USB-Host-Contr-WiFi-p150/s_lang/en

Hi Piotr,
I'm still interested in yours product, mainly to have replacement (when something goes wrong with mine). But the question is, if the difference in RAM will be not problem with app compatibility (= when I will write app for it, how I will asure it will work also on other CMM2)?
Mine CMM2 is slower, but this (with exception of some speed tuned games or demos) is not so big deal, 400 MHz will be some 18% slower than 480 MHz version.

So mine question is, how your product really compatible is:
RAM?
Back GPIO connector?
Something else?

And one special, how much flash has ESP8266, it's bigger vesrions (1 or 4MB) or 512kB (OTA not possbile)?

Thanks,
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

siwypiotr

Posted: 12:35pm 18 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  
So mine question is, how your product really compatible is:
RAM?
Back GPIO connector?
Something else?

And one special, how much flash has ESP8266, it's bigger vesrions (1 or 4MB) or 512kB (OTA not possbile)?

Thanks,

Hi

Design is 100% compatible with Geoff design, only extras have been added and small changes here and there but only to improve stability and picture quality.

Answering to Your questions:

- RAM size and chip type is identical as used on Waveshare boards,
- GPIO - the same pinout
- Flash on ESP is 1MB, there is Zimodem firmware installed so people can use BBS services, You are free to install other firmware including OTA capable.

It is hard to say what is the standard 400 or 480, original design was delivered randomly with both of those CPUs
Edited 2020-12-18 22:38 by siwypiotr

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 01:20pm 18 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

siwypiotr said  Design is 100% compatible with Geoff design

For clarity; Peter did the design, I just wrote MMBasic and the manuals.

Geoff
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 02:14pm 19 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

lol @ "just" !!

John

mkopack73

Posted: 04:37pm 19 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks like mine will arrive on Monday. Just in time for Xmas! yay! Looking forward to it.

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 08:29pm 19 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ordered. But your shop has some issues with Unicode (address and name was truncated on every first occurence of unicode character)...
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

gob33

Posted: 11:27pm 19 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

About the Hobbytronic USB host controler, could it be connected to new interfaces (more USB ports, MIDI) as it has unexploited capabilities ? Even if the Basic has no instructions driving Hobbytronic's firmware
Having 2 USB ports (keyboard + mouse) is short.
Edited 2020-12-20 09:29 by gob33

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 12:13am 20 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

gob33 said  About the Hobbytronic USB host controler, could it be connected to new interfaces (more USB ports, MIDI) as it has unexploited capabilities ? Even if the Basic has no instructions driving Hobbytronic's firmware

This has come full circle.
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

siwypiotr

Posted: 12:22pm 20 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  Ordered. But your shop has some issues with Unicode (address and name was truncated on every first occurence of unicode character)...

Nice to hear that despite issues You managed to place the order.

siwypiotr

Posted: 12:22pm 20 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

gob33 said  About the Hobbytronic USB host controler, could it be connected to new interfaces (more USB ports, MIDI) as it has unexploited capabilities ? Even if the Basic has no instructions driving Hobbytronic's firmware

no

William Leue
Guru

Posted: 04:17pm 25 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, Piotr!

I just received my Colour Maximite 2 Deluxe. It seems to run well. I do have a few questions, though.

I plugged in a USB Mouse but cannot get it to work. A command like x = mouse(X) returns "Error in line xx, Not Open".

I checked the board and the Hobbytronics USB Chip is installed. The firmware version pre-installed is 5.05.06RC7. Should I expect it to work with this version?

The documentation does not mention any "mouse open" statement needed. Perhaps one is required but is missing from the document. If you have a functioning test program, please show in the forum.

Thanks!
-Bill

Page 4 of 9    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024